If you have been following my blog for a while, you already know how much I love sheet masks.
Sheet masks are very popular in Korea, and they are one of the most well known K-Beauty products in the US.
If you are looking for soft, radiant, smooth, clear, and ultra-hydrated skin, you need to start sheet masking.
Sheet masks are essentially sheets of various materials soaked in essence. These masks usually come in individual packets containing a whole bottle of essence, but you can find masks that come in tubs of 30. I haven't tried any of those masks yet, so I'm not sure how they perform compared to a traditional sheet mask.
Before you start to complain about the wasteful packaging, let me stop you right there. Yes, sheet masks are not great for the environment. They come individually wrapped, and their packaging is usually quite large. If you want me to try one of those multi-mask tubs, let me know in the comments below.
The essence that comes in each packet varies, and you can find a sheet mask for almost every skincare concern. I happen to love brightening and anti-aging sheet masks, but they make sheet masks for oil control, preventing breakouts, deep hydration, and so much more.
Every month, I try to use as many sheet masks as possible. I don't do this to be wasteful. I honestly believe that my skin's condition drastically improves with consistent sheet mask use.
All month, I collect my sheet mask and product empties in my empties basket (shown below), and then I write mini-reviews for everything I used the following month.
For this blog and my Instagram page, I like to separate my sheet masks from my other beauty product empties. This post will be dedicated to my sheet mask empties from March.
In March 2020, I used a total of 17 sheet masks. I like to aim for one sheet mask a day, but between work and motherhood, I rarely get a chance to sheet mask daily these days.
Are you ready for a breakdown of all these masks?
Let's get right to it...
>>March 2020 Sheet Mask Empties<<
- JayJun Anti-Dust Therapy Mask- This is one of my favorite masks. It is a 3-step mask which includes a cleanser, sheet mask, and cream. For this reason, it is a great sheet mask to take along when traveling. The Anti-Dust Therapy line has some great anti-aging products. Their take on pollution makes it perfect for big city living.
- JayJun Real Water Brightening Black Mask- This is another great 3-step mask that you can use while traveling. This mask contains a cleanser, essence, and sheet mask. This mask is great for brightening and overall hydration. I'm pretty sure I used my last one recently, so I will have to restock these.
- JayJun Essential Therapy Firming Mask- I am such a fan of the lavender masks from JayJun! They smell so good, and they help calm any breakouts. The only thing I hate about this mask is that it comes with an extra plastic sheet to protect the mask. It is probably there to help unfold the mask without ripping it, but I hate the extra waste. Nevertheless, this is one of my HG sheet masks.
- Etude House 0.2mm Air Therapy Mask in Green Tea- When I first started daily sheet masking, I went on a search for the best $1 masks. The Etude House 0.2mm Air Therapy Masks were the winner. These masks are super affordable, very hydrating, and they have amazing added ingredients that are actually effective. The Green Tea version is one of my favorites from the line. I like to use these once in a while to keep my skin clear.
- Etude House 0.2mm Air Therapy Mask in Ceramide- The Ceramide version is great for healing the skin. I like to use these after a strong mud mask, acid treatment, intense breakout, or any time my skin needs some extra TLC.
- Leaders Mediu Amino Lifting Mask- Leaders masks are a favorite in the US and Korea. They are deeply hydrating and nourishing. I really enjoy the Lifting Mask, but there is really no way to see anti-aging results after using a product once. It is formulated with an Amino Acid Complex, Vitamin A, and Collagen, so with consistent use, you will probably see some anti-aging benefits.
- Leaders Mediu Amino Propolis Mask- This is an amazing mask. I love propolis and honey skincare products, so of course, I had to pick up the Leaders Propolis Mask. This is a great alternative to the Papa Recipe Bombee Black Honey Mask if you are sensitive to fragrance. I love how soft and smooth my face feels after using this mask, and it helps me with breakouts too!
- JM Solution Glow Luminous Aroura Mask- I absolutely love brightening sheet masks, so I just had to buy a box of these Glow Luminous Aroura Masks from JM Solution. The creamy essence is so dreamy, and my skin looks bright as the sun every time I use this mask! I cannot say enough good things about this mask, and I'm happy that I have a few left in my sheet mask stash. I'm actually thinking of using one of these masks tonight!
- Sulwhasoo Snowise Brightening Mask*- Talk about a disappointing sheet mask! I had really high expectations for a sheet mask from Sulwhasoo, after all, it costs an arm and a leg. Unfortunately, this mask is formulated with a ton of alcohol, it's seriously like one of the first five ingredients! I could smell the alcohol as soon as I took this mask out of the packet. While I did love the sheet mask itself, and it did give me glowing skin, I just can't justify paying for all that alcohol in a sheet mask. It is so unnecessary and honestly pretty damaging to the skin with long term use. This is the proof that I don't give every mask a positive review.
- My21 Moisture Infinity Mask*- Ok, back to loving sheet masks again. The My21 sheet masks are a lot cheaper than the Sulwhasoo mask, and they don't contain any alcohol! This mask is so deeply hydrating and wonderful. I loved every second of the 20 minutes it was on my face, and now I need to get my hands on more of them!
- Mediheal Platinum V-Life Mask- When I think of Mediheal sheet masks, BTS immediately comes to mind. And who doesn't love BTS? Mediheal makes some fantastic sheet masks, and the Platinum V-Life is pretty good. It's not my favorite from the brand, but it does help keep my skin hydrated. I just noticed that the photo came out super blurry, sorry about that!
- Elensilia IntraCELL Escargot + Placenta Firming Mask- If I could only bring sheet masks from one brand/line to a deserted island, it would be the Elensilia IntraCELL line. There is just something about these sheet masks that has me hooked. I have used every version from the line, and they are all equally amazing. The sheet is a little thick, so it doesn't adhere so well to the face, but I make it work by lying down for 20 minutes. It is so worth the annoyance of a thick mask. The Firming version is so nourishing and hydrating. I fell like I am always restocking the IntraCELL masks, and they almost always show up in a sheet mask empties post.
- Dewytree It's Pure Mask in Aloe- Another great brand that makes fantastic sheet masks is Dewytree. I'm pretty sure I mention Dewytree in every sheet mask empties post too, but then again, I'm pretty obsessed with every Dewytree mask I've tried so far. The It's Pure line is their natural sheet mask line. They are pretty gentle and nourishing in my experience. I love the Aloe mask because it provides intense hydration and helps calm irritated skin. This mask is great during an active breakout or whenever the skin feels inflamed. This may have been my last Aloe mask, so I will think about restocking these.
- Dewytree Myung Bonan Mask- I absolutely love the Bonan Mask line too! These masks are pretty intense, so I wouldn't recommend them for sensitive skin. The Myung Bonoan Mask is a brightening mask, and we all know how much I love brightening masks. I have a feeling that these masks are in the process of being discontinued, but I'm not 100% sure. They are just getting harder and harder to find in the US, and that's never a great sign.
My favorite mask for March was the JayJun Essential Therapy Firming Mask. I love using this mask in the PM before bed. It smells amazing and it is so relaxing!
I need to try more masks from the Essential Therapy line, because I have a feeling that I will enjoy them all. Let me know if you have tried any of the Essential Therapy masks in the comments section, and tell me if you think I would like them.
>>Before You Go<<
I hope you enjoyed my March 2020 Sheet Mask Empties! If you are looking for more content like this, check out my Empties Series tab at the top of this page.
I will be posting my March 2020 Beauty Empties next, so follow me on Twitter to get an update.
If you have any questions or concerns, please leave them in the comments section. I would also love to hear from you if you have tried any of these products!
Don't miss any of my posts, enter your email here to receive my weekly newsletter. You can also find this form by clicking the Subscribe option from the drop-down list at the top of this page. By signing up, you will opt-in to receive a maximum of one email a week with links to my latest blog posts.
You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.
Check out my latest Instagram post here:
XO
*PR/Gifted









1 comment:
I love honey and propolis masks. They are so nourishing and healing for the skin. Please let me know if you end up trying the sheet masks Kim!
Post a Comment