Hey everyone! Today I'm going to be reviewing the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Palette ($49 purchased at Sephora). If you love any of the Too Faced Chocolate palettes, I think you will be excited about Chocolate Bon Bons. Right from the box, you can tell that it's going to be a typical cute Too Faced palette. I love that it is designed like a chocolate wrapper, and I think the hearts are an adorable touch. As soon as it arrived in the mail, I was already anticipating the awesome chocolate scent associated with the chocolate palettes.
The back of the box gives you a preview of all the shadows included in this palette. As you can already see, there is the typical chocolate palette pop of color along with many neutrals. I really like that there are bright colors included because you don't get that with the Urban Decay Naked palettes (although I do love those too). Ok, let's open this baby up!
When you take the palette out of the box, you get a tin case with magnetic closure. The case is colored a pale pink and there are raised hearts all over the front. I love the gold lettering and the hot pink heart on the bottom corner. I wish that I had Too Faced cosmetics in high school, I really love the child-like packaging of their products.
The pack of the case is also designed, which is nice to see. The case is so cute that I recently featured it in an instagram post:
Ok, let's take a look inside.
As soon as you open the palette, you can smell the amazing chocolate scent! These are literally the best smelling eye shadows on the market! If you are not a fan of scented makeup, just know that the scent fades pretty quickly after applying. Most of the shadows are heart shaped which is super cute, and you get larger brow bone shades. I already know that I would like the shade Satin Sheets since it is included in the Too Faced Boudoir palette, which I also loved. I also like that the names of the shades are written on the package, and not included as an insert. The names are super cute and chocolate themed. The only thing that I hated was the size of the mirror. I wish it would have been bigger. Ok, on to some swatches!
Top Row: Almond Truffle, Satin Sheets, Sprinkles, Molasses Chip, and Malted
Middle Row: Cashew Chew, Cotton Candy, Cafe Au Lait, Bordeaux, Mocha, and Black Current
Bottom Row: Dark Truffle, Pecan Praline, Totally Fetch, Earl Grey, and Divinity
On my pale skin, there are a few shades that don't look very pigmented, but these shades can be used wet which look great on my eyes. The colors are all very creamy, and there is a good balance between shimmery and matte shades so you don't need to supplement the palette with additional shadows. It works great as a travel palette, daytime palette, or even glam palette. The colors are very versatile, and you can create many great eye looks.
Guide to this eye look:
1. Prime lids (I used Urban Decay Primer Potion)
2. Blended the shade Mocha into the crease and brought it down over the lid
3. Darkened the outer crease with the shade Bordeaux and brought it down over the outer v
4. Blended the shade Earl Grey over the outer part of the lid and slightly into the crease
5. Smudge the shade Bordeaux across the lower lash line
6. Smudge the shade Earl Grey into the outer lower lash line and blend to meet the outer v
7. Apply the shade Molasses Chip across the inner eye lid and blend slightly into the Earl Grey Shade
8. Highlight the brow bone using the shade Satin Sheets and apply the same shade to the inner corners of the eye
9. Apply brown eye liner to the lower lash line (I used a pencil from Tarte)
10. Line upper lash line with black liquid liner (I used Kat Von D Tatoo Liner in Trooper)
11. Apply two coats of mascara (I used Urban Decay Perversion)
And of course an Instagram shot:











No comments:
Post a Comment