Monday, February 20, 2017

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder: Dim Light Review



Hey everyone! Today I'm going to be reviewing the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light ($46 purchased at Sephora). I have been using this powder for about 6 months now, and I can honestly say that I use it almost every single day. The box is pretty plain looking, shiny brown background with gold letters. I don't like that it has the same color box as the Hourglass bronzer, as it makes it difficult to find the one I need. 



Taking the powder out of the box, the color of the case is darker than the bronzer case, so maybe storing them without the box would be helpful. The packaging is ascetically pleasing, and the brown background is reflective. It is easy to wipe clean, so there are no finger prints which I really like.



The name of the powder is on the back of the packaging, but I only have Dim Light so it is easy for me to find. The packaging is slightly bulky, but once you see the amount of product included, you won't mind.




Opening up the case does not ruin your nails which is very important to me. I really hate struggling to open up makeup packaging (I'm looking at you Tarte!). As you can see from the photo, I really use this product every day. It gives my skin such a gorgeous finish. It is supposed to make you look like you are walking around in dim lighting, and it really does work! I wear this powder over foundation, CC cream, BB cream, or even tinted moisturizer. I love feeling like I'm wearing an Instagram filter at all times.




I typically apply this powder all over my face with my Too Faced Mr. Right brush. I dust it on very lightly, and then continue with bronzer, blush, and highlighter. It helps keep my makeup in place, and I will definitely be repurchasing this powder once I hit pan. 

-Miriam






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...