Monday, August 15, 2022

Lawless Forget The Filler Lip Plumping Line Smoothing Gloss Review

Hello Beauty Lovers!

It's Makeup Monday and I am so excited to talk about a newish makeup product in my stash.

Today I am going to be reviewing the Lawless Forget The Filler Lip Plumping Line Smoothing Gloss. The name is pretty long, so I will just be calling it the Forget The Filler Gloss for the rest of this post.

I am actually not usually a lip gloss kind of girl, but I was seeing this one pop up all over Instagram... You know how it goes!

What you will find in this post:

  • Lawless Forget the Filler Lip Plumping Line Smoothing Gloss info
  • The gloss watched on my hand
  • How the gloss looks on my lips
  • My experience with the gloss

If you have been curious about the Lawless Forget The Filler Gloss, you are not going to want to skip this review!

Let's get right to it...

Other posts you may enjoy:

You can check out my new blog posting schedule here.

Disclaimer: This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Read my full disclaimer here.

Lawless Forget The Filler Lip Gloss

The Lawless Forget The Filler Lip Plumping Line Smoothing Gloss ($25) is supposed to be a lip-plumping treatment that visibly plumps, softens, and hydrates the lip while providing an ultra-glossy shine.

I have tried many lip plumpers over the years, and I am very used to the stinging/tingling sensation that they are known to have. However, based on the reviews I've seen on Instagram, this gloss does not actually feel like a plumping gloss!

After hearing this, I just had to see if it provides the same plumping effects as my other lip-plumping favorites.

I am also curious about the skincare ingredients they included in this gloss... With consistent use, this gloss should help increase the volume of the lips and smooth out lip lines.

I don't know about you, but a gloss that reduces lip lines and increases their size sounds amazing to me...

Lawless is a newer brand at Sephora, and I absolutely love their pink packaging. Pink is my favorite color after all.

I also love their "Clean AF" slogan!

So, what does Clean AF actually mean?

Lawless claims that their products are free of potentially carcinogenic, toxic, hormone, or endocrine-disrupting ingredients. I have no idea if they just try to use "safer" ingredients or they are just using the slogan for marketing, but I want to believe they have the very best intentions.

Either way, they do include a mysterious Flavor ingredient in the list below...

Full Ingredients List:

Polybutene, Polyglyceryl-2 Tetraisostearate, Hydrogenated Styrene/Methylstyrene/Indene Copolymer, Synthetic Beeswax, Isostearyl Isostearate, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Glycerin, Water, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecanol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Menthoxypropanediol, Capsicum Frutescens Fruit Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Flavor, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Nicotinate, Tribehenin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Rosa Canina Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Isostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Phenoxyethanol, Lactic Acid. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360)

I was sent the shade Cherry Vanilla, but there are actually 8 shades on the website:

  • Cherry Vanilla: sheer red
  • Rosy Outlook: sheer baby pink
  • Daisy Pink: sheer, creamy baby pink
  • Velvet: rosy mauve with plummy undertones
  • George: medium taupe nude
  • Glazed: pale pinky beige with a pearl finish
  • Annie: peachy golden nude with a pearl finish
  • Sexpot: plummy rose

All the shades look absolutely beautiful, I may have to pick up a few more to test out...

The applicator is definitely unique...

Its shape is supposed to hug the curves of your lips better, but that has not been my experience. I have very thin lips, so the applicator just didn't work well for me. It looks better suited for fuller lips, aka Instagram lips, so you may enjoy this unique shape if your lips are bigger than mine.

It's not a horrible applicator, I just prefer a regular-shaped one for my thin a** lips.

Let's get to the swatch...

Unlike the Too Faced Lip Injection, this plumping gloss did not irritate the skin on my hand. This suggests that the Lawless formula is a lot milder, which makes me wonder how much it will actually plump my lips...

The color is very pretty. It is exactly as described, a sheer red with a high-gloss finish.

Now, let's see how it performs on the lips...

For the above look, I applied a fresh coat of gloss before taking the photo.

As you can see, there isn't much plumping action, but my lips are really very thin. I do love the color and the glossy shine it gives. It actually looks like a light pink on my lips, not red, but it is still very pretty.

I also really like that the formula isn't very sticky. It feels very nice and comfortable.

For this second look, I let the gloss dry down quite a bit before taking the photo.

As you can see, the color kind of stays on the lips even when the glossy shine dies down.

I really do love the shade, but I was expecting it to be red...

My Thoughts

Unfortunately, the Forget The Filler Lip Gloss didn't do much for the fullness of my lips.

I really did enjoy how the gloss felt, it was very hydrating and comfortable all day, and the color looked great. The glossiness wasn't very long-lasting, but the color stayed on longer than a normal lip gloss.

I'm a little disappointed that a $25 plumping lip gloss did nothing to make my lips look fuller. 

However, I did like how smooth it made my lips feel. I do think that long term, the gloss will help with lip lines if used consistently, but I think you are better off purchasing a nightly lip treatment instead. I recommend this one from Fresh. It's a little more expensive, but the bottle will last for many months.

Final Thoughts

The Lawless Forget The Filler Lip Plumping Smoothing Gloss was not my favorite lip plumper, but it was very pretty and hydrating.

If you have $25 to spend on a small lip gloss and you want subtle color, high shine, and very hydrating formula, then this gloss is for you.

Personally, I'm not very impressed with The Lawless Forget The Filler Gloss, but maybe it could work in the long term. I just don't think I want to have to use a gloss every day for months when I can just use a lip treatment before bed with great results...

You can purchase the Forget The Filler Lip Gloss here:

This review belongs to the Brooklyn Beauty Queen Blog. If you are reading this post on another site, please let me know by clicking here.

Read this next: Anastasia Beverly Hills Nouveau Eyeshadow Palette Review + Swatches

Before You Go

Let's be friends! 

Join my beauty family by signing up for my weekly newsletter:

And, don't forget to follow me on Instagram, you can check out my latest Instagram post here:

    XO

     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...