Hello Beauty Lovers!
Have you been struggling to get breakouts under control? Do you want to know my secret to clear up acne quickly?
Then this is the post for you!
This Talk Tuesday, I am going to be sharing an amazing mask trio that I use every time I end up with breakouts. This trio is gentle and helps soothe angry red spots.
What you will find in this post:
- My skin clearing routine
- Mask #1: Isntree Real Mugwort Clay Mask
- Mask #2: I'm From Mugwort Mask
- Mask #3: Goodal Mugwort Infused Water Mild Sheet Mask
- Acne Tips
- Where I buy authentic k-beauty products
Are you ready to hear more about this acne-clearing mugwort mask trio?
Let's get right to the review...
Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Essentials Kit Review
3-Step Lip Care Routine for Dry Lips
Jay Jun Roselle Tea Eye Patches Review (K-Beauty)
Disclaimer: This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Read my full disclaimer here
Acne Clearing Mugwort Mask Trio

I have been testing out foundations this month, and let me tell you, my skin has NOT been happy...
Whenever I wake up with angry spots all over my face, I run straight to these three masks and my skin looks significantly better by the time I take off the sheet mask.
I rely on these three so much that I even have backups in my skincare stash!
This trio works so well, that I don't even stress about breakouts anymore...
My acne-clearing routine:
- Cleanse the skin and pat it dry (I like this cleanser)
- Apply the Isntree Real Mugwort Clay Mask and leave it on for 10-15 min
- Apply the I'm From Mugwort Mask and leave it on for at least 10 min
- Apply a hydrating toner (I like this one)
- Place the Goodal Mugwort Sheet Mask on your face and lay down for 20 min
- Follow up with another layer of toner
- Apply a hydrating serum (I like this one)
- Finish off with moisturizer (I like this one)
- In the AM, you must use sunscreen (I like this one)
Don't leave out any steps or it may not work as well...
I like to do this routine (without the masks) twice a day during a breakout. The masks are added in once every other day until my acne clears.
Disclaimer: I'm not a dermatologist and I am not claiming to cure any medical conditions. This is the routine I use to clear and calm my breakouts. Please patch test all these products. Consult a doctor before trying to treat any medical conditions.
Now let's get to the masks...
Isntree Real Mugwort Clay Mask

The Isntree Real Mugwort Clay Mask has been in my skincare collection for a few years already. This one in the photo is my third or fourth tube!
The reason I love this mask so much is that it really dries up any acne on my face while calming the irritated skin.
The Real Mugwort Clay Mask is formulated with 6 types of clay to help absorb any oil and impurities from the pores. But that's not all...
In addition to being a clay mask, this one is also an amazing exfoliator!
The mugwort powder in the mask acts as an exfoliator during application. This really helps unclog pores and get everything cleaned out.

I like to apply a very thin layer to my face after cleansing. I make sure to massage the mask into my skin for about 30 seconds, concentrating on any areas of my face that feel congested.
This mask should be left on for 10-15 minutes. Unlike other clay masks, this one doesn't dry out my combination skin, so it is safe to use multiple times a week.
To remove the mask, I recommend a wet face towel and warm water. Be gentle to your skin, especially during a breakout.
Check out the texture of the mask in the photo below. You can see the pieces of mugwort leaves when it's spread thinly on the skin.

Once the mask is completely removed, make sure to pat your skin dry. You don't want a wet face for the next mask...
I'm From Mugwort Mask

The I'm From Mugwort Mask is actually a newer addition to my mask collection. I was sent this mask in PR at the beginning of the year, but I have been showing it a lot of love.
This beautiful mask is formulated with 2.1% mugwort sourced from Ganghwa, S. Korea. It is highly concentrated and very potent. Trust me, you can smell the potency...
There are actually a few warnings that come with this mask:
- Do not use on sensitive skin around eyes, mouth and over scars.
- When using in the morning, please apply UV filter with SPF15 or higher.
- Recommended not to use with exfoliants both physical and chemical such as AHA, BHA, or Retinol.
- If you have very sensitive skin, use 2-3 times a week and adjust the frequency in consideration of your skin condition.
The exfoliation from the Isntree mask is very mild, so I don't consider it a real physical exfoliant. So far, I haven't had any issues with combing the two masks.

The mask itself smells very herby.
It has a chuncky gel consistency, which sounds worse than it actually feels on the skin.
I personally really enjoy the cooling and soothing sensations the Mugwort Mask provides, and I honestly could keep it on my face for up to an hour.
The brand recommends leaving the mask on your skin for 10 min, but I like to leave it on a lot longer. Probably about 30 min. Only leave it on for longer if your skin can tolerate it and know that you are doing so at your own risk. I am only telling you what I do for my skin for transparency.

Check out that beautiful texture in the above photo.
I absolutely love mugwort masks!
After I wash off the Mugwort Mask, my skin feels hydrated, soothed, less irritated, and any swelling has been diminished.
Most people would stop masking here, but I always use a sheet mask after wash-off masks. They give my skin an amazing boost of hydration and other benefits that last all day long.
Since I do this routine during a breakout, I like to use a sheet mask that will really calm everything down and keep any redness away for the rest of the day.
That's why I decided to go with a mugwort sheet mask...
Goodal Mugwort Infused Water Mild Sheet Mask

The Goodal Mugwort Infused Water Mild Sheet Mask is my absolute favorite mugwort sheet mask, but it is constantly sold out. Probably because the Goodal Mild sheet masks are amazing and inexpensive...
I have a few alternatives that I think work just as well:
- I'm From Mugwort Sheet Mask
- Round Lab Mugwort Calming Sheet Mask
- Ultru I'm Sorry For My Skin Real Mugwort Calming Mask
- Isntree Spot Saver Mugwort Gauze Mask
Whichever mask you choose, this step is very important. The mugwort sheet mask will calm down the redness and irritation, leaving you hydrated, soft, and smooth skin. After this step, breakouts will look significantly smaller and less angry!
I like to keep at least 10 mugwort sheet masks in my sheet mask stash at all times. I never know when a product I'm testing will break me out...

I like to apply the sheet mask and then relax for about 20 min. The relaxing is absolutely essential for helping breakouts, stress makes acne so much worse...
You also don't want the mask to slide around your face.
Any extra essence in the packet can be applied to the arms, neck, and chest. Never waste any of the essence!
Once I remove the mask, I follow the rest of my skincare routine and I love the way skin looks and feels.
This mask trio has been a face saver countless times already!
Acne Tips
Before I end this post, I wanted to give you a few of my acne tips:
- If you wear makeup, you must use a cleansing balm before a regular cleanser. This helps remove all the makeup before cleansing your skin. When you skip cleansing balm, your regular cleanser is not going to clean your skin... I recommend this one.
- If you don't wear makeup, you should still be wearing sunscreen. The same thing applies to sunscreen. You can use a cleansing oil to remove sunscreen if cleansing balms feel too heavy to you. It really just depends on your preference. I recommend this one.
- Always use a fresh face towel, morning and night. You don't want to use a towel that is always hanging in your bathroom. I purchase mine from Amazon. You can find them here.
- Clean your makeup brushes at least once a week, more often if you use them a lot. You are just applying bacteria to your skin if you let them get too dirty.
- If you work out, make sure to wash your face as soon as possible after getting sweaty.
- Talk to your doctor first, but I have found supplements very useful for keeping my skin clear. I like taking a Cod Liver Oil and Evening Primrose Oil supplement. You can find the ones I use here and here. Please be careful with supplements, they are not regulated...
- If you have issues with picking pimples, get some acne patches. They really help me keep my hands off my face. I like these patches.
- Change your pillow case every few days. This will really help your skin so much! I like to buy a few silk pillow cases that I change out every other day. You can find the ones I use here.
I hope these tips are helpful!
Where I Buy Authentic K-Beauty Products
When it comes to K-Beauty, there are a lot of fakes...
That is why it is so important to purchase K-Beauty products from an authorized seller.
Here are my favorite online retailers that sell 100% authentic products:
- StyleVana- they have amazing deals
- Wishtrend- they only sell their brands, but they often have great sales
- YesStyle- they have crazy ow prices, but they are always running out of my favorites
- SokoGlam- highly curated selection, a little pricey
- Masksheets- the absolute best place to get sheet masks if you live in the US
Final Thoughts
And there you have it...
A mugwort mask trio that will help clear acne!
As well as my whole skincare routine and some tips for acne-prone skin. Let's count those as bonuses...
I hope that seeing what works for me during a breakout is helpful, I plan to do more posts like this in the future, so make sure to sign up for my newsletter down below.
This post belongs to the Brooklyn Beauty Queen Blog. If you are reading this post on another site, please let me know by clicking here.
Read This Next: Get Glowing Skin with the I'm From Honey Line (K-Beauty)
Before You Go
Let's be friends!
Join my beauty family by signing up for my weekly newsletter:
And, don't forget to follow me on Instagram, you can check out my latest Instagram post here:
XO
No comments:
Post a Comment