Hey Beauty Lovers!
Today we will be taking a look at the all-new Alpha Beta Daily Essentials Kit from Dr. Dennis Gross.
Dr. Dennis Gross is a high-end skincare brand with products designed to clear skin and provide a youthful appearance. Dr. Dennis Gross products are quite pricey, but they are always worth every penny. Their now infamous Alpha Beta Peel Pads ($88 for 30 treatments) are great for a variety of skin concerns; fine lines, wrinkles, texture issues, and even adult acne.
Dr. Dennis Gross expanded their Alpha Beta line and they are now selling a 3-step system that will literally transform your skin. I have been using this new kit for the last month and I am already blown away by my results!
Are you ready to read about this magical skincare kit and my results after just one month?
Let's get right to the good stuff...
Disclaimer: This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Read my full disclaimer here.
Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Essentials Kit

The Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Essentials Kit ($154) is a 3-step skincare system that comes in two options. The first option is meant for oily-combo skin, and the second is for balanced-combo skin. The difference between the two kits comes down to the type of peel pads you will be receiving.
What is included:
- Alpha Beta AHA/BHA Daily Cleansing Gel
- Alpha Beta Extra Strength or Universal Daily Peel Pads (30 treatments)
- Alpha Beta Daily Moisturizer
Since I have more balanced skin, I chose the second option that came with the Alpha Beta Universal Daily Peel Pads.
I have been using the kit for 30 days, and I am ready to share my experience with the products.
Let's talk about each product individually, and then I will share my thoughts on the kit as a whole.
Alpha Beta AHA/BHA Daily Cleansing Gel

The Alpha Beta AHA/BHA Daily Cleansing Gel ($38 for 7.5 oz) is a pH balanced, deep cleanser that will help remove dirt and bacteria from the pores. It comes in a plastic pump bottle, which is great if you like to wash your face in the shower. The website claims that this cleanser can remove makeup, but I wouldn't recommend using it to remove eye makeup.

Key Ingredients:
- Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Acids (AHA/BHA)- chemical exfoliation, cell turnover
- Farnesol- anti-bacterial, acne prevention
- Jasmine- soothing, calming
- Bisabolol- soothing, calming
Skin Benefits:
- Anti-aging
- Prevents breakouts
- Doesn't strip the skin of all oil
- Leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth

To use this cleanser, massage 1-2 pumps of cleanser onto wet skin until your face is clean. Rinse off and pat your skin dry. Follow up with the next step in the kit. If you are just using this cleanser without the other two products from this kit, follow up with a toner.
I was a little surprised to see the watery texture of the Alpha Beta Daily Cleansing Gel. With gel in the name, I expected a thicker, gel-like consistency. Check out the photo above to see what I mean by watery. I shot the photo only 3 seconds after pumping the cleanser onto the back of my hand, and the "gel" ran all the way down instantly!
Although I was surprised by the texture, I actually really enjoyed how it felt on my skin. I was able to clean my face effortlessly, and my skin felt so refreshed when I patted it dry. There is a slight medicinal, slight botanical scent to the cleanser. It is pretty mild, and I found it to be calming.
With continued use for the last 30 days, I am happy to say that my skin looks and feels amazing. My face is clear, my pores appear smaller, and my skin feels so soft!
If you could only get one product from this kit, I highly recommend the Alpha Beta Daily Cleansing Gel!
Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Universal Daily Peel Pads

The Alpha Beta Universal Daily Peel Pads ($88 for 30 treatments) are an absolute game-changer when it comes to acne, texture, and fine lines. The peel pads are actually a two-step treatment. The first contains the AHAs and BHA, and the second is a retinol pad. This combination of ingredients is so powerful, that the pads will literally change your skin.

Key Ingredients:
- 5 Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Acids- chemical exfoliation, cell turnover
- Chamomile- anti-inflammatory, soothing
- Retinol- anti-aging
- Green Tea Extract- antioxidant

Benefits:
- Radiant skin- immediate results
- Even skin tone and texture
- Diminished fine lines and wrinkles
- Hydrated skin
- Repaired skin

When you take the pads out of the foil packet, they will be folded up into small squares. You will have to unfold them and wipe them over your whole face and neck.
Start with step 1 and wait 2 minutes before applying step 2.
It is very important that you make sure to only apply the peel pads to dry skin. You may experience irritation if your skin is wet!
After step 2, follow up with the next product from the kit. If you are only using the peel pads, make sure to use a very hydrating moisturizer following the peel pads.
To avoid a negative skin reaction, start by using these peels every other day. Then gradually increase your usage to once a day, in the AM or PM.
If your skin gets too irritated, use the peels less often.
Don't try to rush into using the Alpha Beta Peel Pads daily, you can severely damage your skin that way.
These pads have a pretty strong medicinal scent, but it disappears quickly after application.
You have now been warned...

I have actually used the Alpha Beta Peel Pads daily many years ago. I'm not sure why I stopped, maybe due to having so much skincare to review, but I was very happy to put these back into my routine.
My skin responded really well to the pads, I didn't experience any irritation, and my face was glowing after 30 days of usage!
If you have oily skin, I definitely recommend getting the kit with the Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel Pads, they will really help balance oil production and your skin will feel great.
FYI: Dr. Dennis Gross doesn't offer a kit for sensitive skin, but you can get the Alpha Beta Ultra Gentle Daily Peel Pads separately, just please make sure to do a patch test first.
Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Moisturizer

The last product in this kit is the Alpha Beta Daily Moisturizer ($68 for 1.7 oz). It may not sound very impressive, but so far, this moisturizer is one of my favorites that I have tried this year!
As with the other products in the Alpha Beta line, this moisturizer is formulated with AHAs and BHA. However, what makes this one so good is that it is also packed with barrier-repairing ingredients that will help reduce the chances of irritation that typically come with retinol use.
Do you absolutely need this step?
No.
Are you going to love it anyway?
Yes!

Key Ingredients:
- Squalane- strengthens the skin barrier, hydrating
- Ceramides- strengthen the skin barrier, hydrating
- Bisabolol- soothing, calming
- Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Acids- chemical exfoliation, cell turnover
Benefits:
- Strengthens the skin barrier
- Diminishes fine lines and wrinkles
- Anti-aging
- Smooths the skin
- Softens the skin
- Oil-free and non-comedogenic

Apply 1-2 pumps of moisturizer all over the face and neck after using the Alpha Beta Peel Pads. This will be the last step of your skincare routine in the PM, but please remember to wear SPF in the AM. When using retinol and chemical exfoliants, it is very important to protect the skin from the sun's damaging UV rays!
The Alpha Beta Daily Moisturizer comes in a nice pump bottle, which is a lot more hygienic than a tub. That's so important when dealing with breakouts and congested skin. The texture of this moisturizer is very lotion-like, it is very lightweight, and it sinks into the skin pretty easily. Once dried down, it feels like air but your skin feels so hydrated.
I love everything about this moisturizer!
It's so deeply hydrating and repairing, but it's also extremely lightweight and doesn't cause breakouts. That makes this a great option for all skin types, even very dry/dehydrated skin.
So, while you don't NEED this moisturizer, you will definitely fall in love instantly and you may even get addicted to how amazing it feels on your skin.
I know that I did!
Benefits of the Alpha Beta Daily Essentials Kit
So, why would you want to get the Alpha Beta Daily Essentials Kit?
I mean, besides getting fantastic-looking skin...
First of all, it is a fantastic deal. For $154 you get 3 full-sized products that retail for $194. So, if you want to get all the Alpha Beta action Dr. Dennis Gross has to offer, this is a great set.
Second of all, Dr. Dennis Gross also came out with a trial kit for this 3-step system. That's right, you purchase a full box of Alpha Beta Peel Pads (30 treatments) for $88, and they will give you the trial-sized versions of the cleanser and moisturizer that come in the $154 kit.
You can purchase the Alpha Beta Daily Essentials Kit at the Dr. Dennis Gross website.
Conclusion
If you are looking to improve texture, clear up adult acne, and/or diminish fine lines and wrinkles, you need to check out the Alpha Beta Daily Essentials Kit from Dr. Dennis Gross. It is a 3-step system that will literally transform your skin in just a few months.
What do you think about this new set from Dr. Dennis Gross? Would you want the Universal or Extra Strenght version of the Peel Pads? Let me know in the comments section!
Read This Next: Better Than Botox? Anti-Aging Skincare Routine featuring Dr. Zenovia Skincare
Follow on Instagram Follow on Feedly
Before You Go
Let's be friends!
Join my beauty family by signing up for my weekly newsletter:
And, don't forget to follow me on Instagram, you can check out my latest Instagram post here:
XO

No comments:
Post a Comment