It's been 4 years since I tried my first sheet mask, and it took me a long time to get used to the sensation of placing a cold wet sheet onto my skin.
I started out masking once a week, and I remember saving the extra essence in a glass dropper bottle to use for the following 3-4 days. I'm not sure what made me decide to do that, but my guess would be that I was buying very expensive sheet masks and I didn't want to waste any of the essence in the packet.
Although it's a good idea to save the essence from expensive masks, there are now so many affordable sheet mask options that you can use the extra essence on your neck and chest instead.
Hint: I highly recommend using the essence right away, the saved sheet mask essence isn't very stable and isn't meant to be stored.
Now that I have become a bit of a sheet mask addict, I sheet mask every day.
Since switching to daily sheet masking, my skin has been behaving a lot more, and my once combination skin behaves like normal skin on most days. This is a major improvement for me personally, and I cannot even begin to describe the horrible state my skin used to be in for at least two weeks every month.
Now, daily sheet masking can be very environmentally unfriendly. Imagine all of the sheet mask packets filling the landfill every month if I used regular sheet masks every day!
Thankfully, sheet masks now come in boxes of 30 masks that are not individually wrapped. What a fantastic concept!
I alternate between individually wrapped and boxed sheet masks every other day, and I can hardly detect a difference in my skin condition. Keep in mind that the boxed sheet masks are extremely basic and they will do little more than thoroughly hydrate the skin. I find that using these masks every other day works well for my skin, and I highly recommend trying this out if you are looking to cut down on sheet mask waste.
Now that you know a little more about my sheet mask routine, let's get right down to my June sheet mask empties!
>>June Sheet Mask Empties<<
I used a total of 15 sheet masks in June, but remember that I use the boxed sheet masks on alternate days so that I'm masking daily.
Let's get to the mini reviews...
JM Solution Glow Luminous Aurora Mask- If you are looking for a creamy rich essence that will brighten up dull-looking skin, this is the sheet mask for you. I absolutely love JM Solution sheet masks, and the Glow Luminous Aurora mask is one of my favorites! I purchased a box of 10, and I officially used them all. I have three boxes of JM Solution masks on the way and I'm excited to try them out. I will post my haul in my Instagram stories this week, so stay tuned!
Elakoko Noni Enriched Nourishing Mask*- I was sent a box of 5 of these masks a few years ago, and I have been using them so sparingly. I am obsessed with these sheet masks, but they are so hard to find in the US. I really wish I could get my hands on these again because they are seriously fantastic. The orange version has the brightening essence, but the green version is great too. If you can find either of the Elakoko Noni Enriched Masks, stock up fast!
Aloisia Marie Aloe Soothing Mask*- I am so happy that I was given the chance to try this mask. They remind me of the Mediheal masks, but the sheet is a lot softer and there is A LOT more essence. I will definitely be purchasing these on my own in the future. They are amazing!
Leaders Mediu Amino Propolis Mask- If you have been reading my sheet mask empties posts, you may already know how much I love Leaders sheet masks. You may also know that I love propolis and honey sheet masks. This one is a great alternative to the Papa Recipe Bombee Honey Black mask if you are sensitive to heavy fragrance. This mask is so nourishing and softening! I went through 10 of these already and now I need more!
Leaders Mediu Amino Moisture Mask- Another great mask from Leaders. I always recommend these for dry/dehydrated or irritated skin. They are great to use after a chemical peel or other harsh treatment. I went through two boxes of these already and I will definitely be repurchasing these soon!
Dewytree Aqua Deep Mask*- Since I post a lot of Dewytree sheet masks on Instagram, the brand reached out to me and sent me a cute gift package. It included three of these sheet masks, and I love them! I honestly love every Dewytree sheet mask I've tried so far, so I really wasn't all that surprised. The sheet is so thin but very strong. It has an amazing fit, and the essence is so hydrating. I really need to get my hands on these again.
Dewytree Hyaluron Melting-Chou Mask- I bought this mask after I tried the Hyaluron Melting-Chou Cream, and it was everything I expected. I love how deeply nourishing the cream is, and the mask gives me the same results. If you need a major boost of nourishment and hydration, you need to try this mask.
Etude House 0.2mm Air Therapy Mask (Madecassoside)- As a daily masker, I am always looking for affordable sheet masks that will keep my skin hydrated and healthy. I am so surprised by the entire 0.2mm Air Therapy line, and I love the Madecassoside version so much. It is a very basic mask, but perfect for anyone on a budget. I definitely recommend checking this line out!
Goodal Mugwort Infused Water Mild Sheet Mask- Another great line of sheet masks that can be used daily. If you want to get the Goodal Infused Water Mild Sheet Masks, I highly recommend getting the Mugwort version. It is perfect for most skin types (don't use this one if you have sensitive skin), and it will help keep your skin clear and healthy using gentle ingredients.
Goodal Tea Tree Infused Water Mild Sheet Mask- Alternatively, if you have very oil or acne-prone skin, you may want to stock up on the Tea Tree version. These are fantastic for keeping the skin clear and hydrated at the same time. I use these whenever I feel a breakout coming, and it keeps my skin looking so clear!
Round Lab Apple Peeling Sheet Mask- I really wanted to try something from Round Lab, so I purchased four of their sheet masks. The Apple Peeling sheet mask was fantastic. It is a very gentle exfoliating sheet mask that is perfect for once a week. It is also very hydrating, so it doesn't irritate the skin like a regular chemical exfoliator. Even though this is a gentle mask, I do not recommend it for sensitive skin.
Round Lab Mugwort Calming Sheet Mask- This one is great for all skin types. Mugwort is so calming and helps repair the skin barrier. If you can't tell, I'm a little obsessed with Mugwort in my skincare. Most of the products I've tried work really well and most can be used on sensitive skin. It is honestly a great ingredient!
Skinfood Beauty In A Food Mask Sheet (Caviar)- I picked up 7 of the Beauty In A Food sheet masks to review on my blog, and I'm happy with most of them. This one is just meh for me. I'm not sure what Caviar is supposed to do for the skin, but this was just a hydrating sheet mask for me. I probably won't purchase this one again.
Skinfood Beauty In A Food Mask Sheet (Propolis & Bee Venom)- I love this one! I think it's my favorite from the line. Yes, I really love propolis sheet masks. I will 100% repurchase this mask. I hope to get a box of 10 soon so that I can use them more regularly. I want to know what the Bee Venom will do for my skin long-term. If you want to try out propolis or bee venom, get this mask!
Skinfood Beauty In A Food Mask Sheet (Snail)- I honestly really enjoyed this mask. Snail mucin may sound a little gross to someone new to K-Beauty, but it is a fantastic ingredient. It really nourishes and deeply hydrates the skin in such a unique way. I try to use snail mucin in my routine as much as possible, and this mask is a great addition.
>>Final Thoughts<<
I used so many amazing sheet masks in June. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be the Dewytree Hyaluron Melting-Chou Mask. I am just so in love with how soft it made my skin feel after one use.
I hope you enjoyed this sheet mask empties post! If you are looking for more content like this, check out the Empties Series tab at the top of this page. You will also find the June 2020 Beauty Empties post under that tab!
>>Before You Go<<
If you have any questions or concerns, please leave them in the comments section. I would also love to hear from you if you have tried any of these products!
Don't miss any of my posts, enter your email here to receive my weekly newsletter. You can also find this form by clicking the Subscribe option from the drop-down list at the top of this page. By signing up, you will opt-in to receive a maximum of one email a week with links to my latest blog posts.
You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.
Check out my latest Instagram post here:
XO
Don't miss any of my posts, enter your email here to receive my weekly newsletter. You can also find this form by clicking the Subscribe option from the drop-down list at the top of this page. By signing up, you will opt-in to receive a maximum of one email a week with links to my latest blog posts.
You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.
Check out my latest Instagram post here:
XO
*PR/Gifted









No comments:
Post a Comment