Sunday, August 7, 2022

Anastasia Beverly Hills Nouveau Eyeshadow Palette Review + Swatches

 Hello Beauty Lovers!

When I first saw that Anastasia Beverly Hills was coming out with a new palette for summer, I knew that I had to get my hands on one to review.

I absolutely love the ABH shimmer formula, and the new Nouveau palette comes with 7 shimmer/metallic shades plus a duo-chrom! 

The color story was not what I expected out of a summer palette, but I think it would make a great summer/fall transition palette instead.

What you will find in this post:

  • ABH Nouveau Palette Info
  • My experience with the palette
  • Swatches of my favorite shades
  • Two different eye looks using this palette

Let's get right into this review...

Other posts you may enjoy:

Disclaimer: This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Read my full disclaimer here.

ABH Nouveau Eyeshadow Palette

The new(ish) Anastasia Beverly Hills Nouveau Eyeshadow Palette ($55) is an all-in-one versitle palette with 9 shadows and 3 pressed pigments.

FYI: Pressed pigments are not approved by the FDA for the eye area. Instead they should be used on the face or body. There are many people in the beauty community that apply pressed pigments to their eyes, but you should only do so at your own risk.

I have always been a fan of the ABH formula (except Subculture, of course), so I was very excited to ge this palette in PR.

Let's take a look at the shades inside...

Imagine my surprise when I opened the palette for the first time and found a completely broken shade!

As you can see in the above photo, the shade Lily was crumbled upon arrival. Thankfully, the formula is very soft, and I was able to smush the shadow back into place. It still works perfectly, but I am missing quite a bit of shadow.

Since I recieved the palette in PR, I wouldn't contact costumer service. However, if you pay for this palette, please reach out to the seller if any of the shades come brokn.

Ok, let's go through the shades...

Wings: metallic silver green with sparkling reflect

Isle: metallic blonde gold

Belle: metallic antique bronze

Paloma: matte creamy ivory with sparkling reflects (pressed pigment)

Fleur: matte golden peach

Liberty: matte muted hunter green

Keep scrolling for the rest of the shades...

Wisteria: matte pastel lavender with sparkling reflects (pressed pigment)

Lily: metallic rose gold with multidimensional reflects

Hope: metallic olive green with gold reflects

Peacock: duo-chrome blueish-green brown with pink reflects

Metro: matte rich clay (pressed pigment)

Muse: metallic dark chocolate brown

I'm pretty bummed about the broken Lily shadow, it is my favorite shade in the whole palette!

Let's look at some swatches of my favorite shades...

ABH Nouveau Swatches

My favorite shades (top to bottom):

Hope, Lily, Peacock, Belle, Isle, and Wings.

I'm not a huge fan of Wisteria, but I included a swatch of it in the above photo. It is a very pretty color, I just don't enjoy pastel eyeshadows.

The photos really don't do the swatches justice so I swatched these for Instagram Reels, you can see that post here.

All the swatches were done with one swipe of my finger without any primer underneath.

I love how creamy the metallic/glitter shades feel, and they apply effortlessly on my hand and lids!

Now let's take a look at how the shadows look on my lids...

ABH Nouveau Inspiration

The above photo shows how I typically wear my makeup. I really love a neutral eye that accentuates my eye shape. 

I only used three shades on my eyes for this look:

  • Fleur in the crease
  • Belle all over the lids
  • Muse in the outer v
For everyday wear, I would just swap out the lid shade for one of the other shimmers and viola! A super quick and easy makeup look that gets me a ton of compliments...

For this second look, I decided to play around with my interpretation of a grunge eye...

I only used two shades for this look:

  • Muse in the outer v that I blended out into my crease and my lower lash line
  • Isle all over the lid

I also added eyeliner to the outer corners of my lash line and blended it out well.

What do you think of this look? Let me know in the comments!

The shades I used blended out very well and they were very easy to work with. I always use an eye primer, so I used one when testing out this palette too. The shadows didn't crease at all, but that may be due to the primer and not the shadow formula.

Let me know if you try this palette without a primer. I am curious if the shadow formula holds up all day on its own...

Final Thoughts

I am overally very impressed with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Nouveau Eyeshadow Palette. The shadows blended well, the shimmer/metallic shades are stunning, and the color stayed on my lids all day long.

If you are looking for a new palette with very pretty shimmer shades, I highly recommend the Nouveau palette!

Where you can purchase this palette:

I hope you enjoyed this review!

This review belongs to the Brooklyn Beauty Queen Blog. If you are reading this post on another site, please let me know by clicking here.

Read this next: RMS Beauty "Re" Evolve Natural Finish Foundation Review


Follow on Instagram Follow on Feedly


Before You Go 

Let's be friends! 

Join my beauty family by signing up for my weekly newsletter:

And, don't forget to follow me on Instagram, you can check out my latest Instagram post here:

XO

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...