Saturday, August 6, 2022

RMS Beauty "Re" Evolve Natural Finish Foundation Review + Coupon Code

 Hey Beauty Lovers!

Today I'm going to be reviewing the new RMS Beauty "Re" Evolve Natural Finish Foundation and the Skin2Skin Beauty Sponge.

These are the first products that I am trying from the brand, and I am really excited to share my thoughts.

Spoiler Alert!

This foundation is AMAZING!

Seriously, I cannot believe how much I love this duo...

What you will find in this post:

  • RMS Beauty Intro
  • Review of the "Re" Evolve Natural Finish Foundation + Swatches
  • Review of the Skin2Skin Beauty Sponge
  • See the texture of the foundation on my Instagram page
  • Foundation try-on + Finished makeup look
  • How you can get a free Skin2Skin Beauty Sponge with a foundation purchase

Let's get to the review...

Other posts you may enjoy:

Disclaimer: This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Read my full disclaimer here.

RMS Beauty

RMS Beauty is a clean beauty brand founded by master makeup artist Rose-Marie Smith. They take pride in formulating innovative beauty products that are actually good for your skin!

They sell all of their products on their website and a nice selection of makeup at Sephora (online only). 

Although the brand has been around since 2009, I only discovered them this year... Probably via Instagram.

As a beauty blogger with a heavy focus on skincare, I am always excited to find "healthy" makeup brands. My skin can take a real beating when trying out foundations, so I hope this one lives up to my expectations.

The "Re" Evolve Natural Finish Foundation and the Skin2Skin Beauty Sponge were kindly sent to me in PR with no obligation to post on my blog. I never accept money for positive reviews, and I do not provide positive reviews to stay on PR lists (I have already been kicked off a few).

Let's start with the foundation...

"Re" Evolve Natural Finish Foundation

The "Re" Evolve Natural Finish Foundation ($48) is a liquid foundation that is silicon-free and formulated with skincare ingredients. It provides a natural finish and medium coverage.

If you are looking for a full-coverage foundation, this one is not for you. I will be writing a review for my favorite full-coverage foundation later this month, so stay tuned...

However, if you are interested in a "your skin but better" type of foundation that will give you medium coverage, the "Re" Evolve Natural Finish Foundation is going to rock your world. 

Key Skincare Ingredients:

  • Tightenyl
  • Squalane
  • Jojoba Oil
  • Botanica Extracts 
  • Adaptogenic Herbs

Full Ingredients List:

Water/Aqua/Eau, Isoamyl Laurate, C9-12 Alkane, Propanediol, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Silica, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Unsaponifiables, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Isostearate, Sodium Chloride, Squalane (vegetable), Sodium Dehydroacetate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Glycerin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, *Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sodium Phytate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Lysine, Tocopherol (non-GMO), Magnesium Chloride, Disodium Acetyl Glucosamine Phosphate, Sodium Glucuronate, Beta-Sitosterol, *Calendula Officinalis (Marigold) Flower Extract, Squalene (vegetable), *Hypericum Perforatum (St. John’s Wart) Flower Extract, *Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Leaf Extract, *Hemidesmus Indicus (Country Sarsaparilla) Root Powder, *Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, *Withania Somnifera (Ashwagandha) Root Extract, *Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, *Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Magnesium Sulfate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). *organic

The packaging is absolutely stunning. It comes in a refillable white tube that twists up to open. You can actually buy refills separately for $40, so you can actually save some money by getting the refills.

I love the airless pump design, it helps keep the product fresh for longer. I was never interested in their cream foundation because it came in a jar.

An airless pump is always my preference for foundations...

The pump that twists up is actually the color of the foundation in the tube. You can see the color from the top even when the pump is twisted down. This makes finding the right color in your makeup drawer/bag much easier. 

The texture is actually very lightweight. It feels like it will blend out effortlessly!

For the above photo, I applied one pump to my hand. Quite a bit comes out in a single pump, but I ended up needing 2-3 pumps for my whole face. 

We will get to how I applied it to my face later on in this post.

The foundation actually looks full coverage at first. 

However, it will get blended out to a medium coverage in the next photo...

As you can see, the coverage is definitely a medium.

My hand was extremely dry in the above photo, and the foundation was kind of accentuating the dry spots.

We will see if it does that to my face soon.

Let's first talk about the beauty sponge...

Skin2Skin Beauty Sponge

The Skin2Skin Beauty Sponge ($20) has a very interesting shape! I am used to beauty sponges that look like the Beauty Blender, so I am excited to see how this one blends out the foundation.

Please excuse how dirty the sponge looks right now...

I filmed a Reel before taking the photos, so it got a little covered with foundation!

If you stay until the end of this post, I will let you know how you can get a free sponge with any "Re" Evolve Foundation purchase on the RMS Beauty website (the promotion may end by the time you read this post). 

The sponge gets very soft when wet, but it actually stays the same size (unlike a typical Beauty Blender). 

I love that the bottom is flat, it actually made it very easy to blend out my foundation, and the results were streak-free!

I also really like the pointed end, it helps blend out the foundation in those harder-to-reach areas (i.e. around my eyes and nose). 

This sponge is actually really unique. I haven't tried one in this shape before, and it blends my foundation out better than the other sponges in my collection.

I will have to try it out with other foundations and see how it performs...

Foundation Try-On

Before I get to the try-on, check out my RMS Beauty Instagram Reel. You can really see the texture of the foundation and how well the sponge blends it on my hand.

Ok, now let's put some foundation on my face...

I started out with a clean face in the photo above. I decided not to apply any primer to see how the foundation applied to naked skin.

The photo was taken in natural lighting without any beauty filters. I tried to catch the pimples on the left side of my face and I am sure that you can see how red my skin looks today.

Even though the foundation has medium coverage, I want to see if it will cover the redness and breakouts...

It's kind of hard to see, but the above photo shows one pump of foundation on only half my face. I got the shade 11 which is an amazing match for me.

If you can't tell, I applied foundation only on the right side. You can kind of see that by looking at my lips and eyes.

It actually covers up the redness very well for a medium foundation. I used the Skin2Skin Beauty Sponge which may have helped with the coverage.

I am already impressed...

I now have foundation on my whole face in the photo above. 

I ended up using another full pump for the other side of my face. I think the coverage would be a little lighter if I only used 1 pump for my whole face.

The foundation was actually able to cover up the pimples on the left side of my face!

I did see some redness from the blemishes coming through, so I decided to try adding another later of foundation...

The above photo shows 2 layers of foundation in natural lighting (the sun keeps moving so it looks a little different in every photo). 

Three pumps is a little too much for my skin, but adding the second layer definitely helped build up the coverage.

Next time, I would only use 1-2 pumps instead of 3.

The foundation does feel very nice on the skin. I have a ton of makeup on my face, but it feels like I am wearing a skin tint.

I am very impressed!

I applied the rest of my makeup in the photo above. 

Even with a full face of makeup, my skin can actually breathe!

I love how natural the foundation looks. It didn't move around when I applied powders on top, and it didn't settle into any of my fine lines.

I am especially impressed with how easy it was to blend out with the Skin2Skin sponge. It is definitely my new favorite foundation sponge!

The foundation lasted for about 4 hours without a primer. This is pretty much how long all foundations last on my skin without proper prep.

It's official...

I am in love with this foundation from RMS Beauty!

Final Thoughts

Let's recap this review...

The "Re" Evolve Natural Finish Foundation provides medium coverage with a natural finish. It feels very lightweight and looks like a second skin. I love that it helped cover up redness and some small blemishes. A little goes a long way with this foundation, so only apply 1 pump at a time and blend fully. 

I absolutely love this foundation and I can see myself reaching for it often. Thankfully, I can save a little money by ordering refills and reusing the white tube.

The Skin2Skin Beauty Sponge really surprised me. I have only used Beauty Blender type of sponges that double in size when wet. This sponge does not really grow, but it does get pretty soft.

I honestly enjoyed this sponge more than any of the other sponges in my collection! It blended out the foundation effortlessly, gave me a fuller coverage, and made my foundation look so even. I cannot recommend this sponge enough.

Right now, you can actually get a free Skin2Skin Beauty Sponge with the purchase of any "Re" Evolve Foundation! Simply add the sponge and foundation to your cart and add the code RE-EVOLVE at checkout. I am not sure how long this promotion will last, so get your sponge ASAP.

This review belongs to the Brooklyn Beauty Queen Blog. If you are reading this on another site, please let me know by clicking here.

Read this next: BoxyCharm August 2022 Base Box Review


Follow on Instagram Follow on Feedly


Before You Go 

Let's be friends! 

Join my beauty family by signing up for my weekly newsletter:

And, don't forget to follow me on Instagram, you can check out my latest Instagram post here:

XO

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...