Hey Beauty Lovers!
May is almost over, and I realized that I never posted my Base Box unboxing for this month.
Every month, BoxyCharm sends me their Base Box to unbox on my Blog and Instagram page. The box includes 5 full-sized beauty products for only $27.99 every month. My Base Boxes have all been worth over $120, so it's a fantastic deal!
The box includes a nice mix of well-known and indie brands, and I am usually thrilled with the products I receive.
Just a warning... Sometimes, the boxes are very skincare heavy. If you don't like to receive skincare products in subscription boxes, this one isn't for you.
This month, you can choose from one of the following free gifts when signing up:
- Ciate London Trend Edit Palette in Cranberry ($24)
- Aesthetica Cream Contour Kit ($40)
- Farmacy Honey Grail Facial Oil ($48)
Unless you really enjoy cream contour, I highly recommend choosing the Farmacy Honey Grail Facial Oil.
In addition to the free gift, you will also get a $10 coupon to spend at the monthly shop. All you have to do is use this link and select which box you want to join.
Ok, let's get to the May 2022 Base Box unboxing already...
Disclaimer: This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Read my full disclaimer here.
May 2022 Base Box
This month, the BoxyCharm theme is Super Bloom. The products included are perfect for the Spring and Summer months.
Here is a look at the card:
The first product is the Skin Inc Super Glow Filter ($50). This serum was designed to be used to prep skin for makeup. It is formulated with Hyaluronic Acid, Niacinamide, and Gold Hibiscus Extract. It is supposed to make your skin look like it is wearing a filter in real life.
Besides for looking beautiful in the bottle, this will help give your skin a glow, reduce redness, and reduce the appearance of large pores. This serum can be used alone, under foundation, or even mixed with foundation. I personally like to mix it with a foundation for the summer months.
Seriously, how beautiful is this serum?
The photo above shows two pumps of product. It may not look like a lot, but a little goes a very long way. It only takes two pumps to cover my whole face! When I mix it with foundation, I only need to use one pump.
The next product is the Farmacy Honeymoon Glow Body 12% AHA/BHA Resurfacing Serum ($40). Let me start by saying that I LOVE the Farmacy honey line! I love how the products smell, I love how they feel on my skin, and I love how good my skin looks when I am using anything from the honey line. I had no idea that there was a body product in this line, so I am very excited to see this in my box.
This product comes with a seal, so please check yours before using it.
Just like all the other products in the Honey line, this one smells soooo good! If you don't like honey-scented skincare, this is definitely not for you.
I haven't been using this body serum very long, but I am already loving how smooth it makes my skin feel. I love to use it on my chest and upper back. It helps my skin glow and is amazing for keeping body acne under control.
The next product is the Ciate London Dewy Blush in Coconut ($22). This is supposed to be a gel blush that provides a beautiful flush of color. Unfortunately, I did not enjoy this one. It felt like vaseline on my skin and the color was way too dark for me. I did love the scent though, I wish they made this into a cream formula instead of a gel.
The tube is very small, but this is a very pigmented blush. One drop of product will give you a ton of color.
As you can see, the blush is super pigmented.
This is how it looks blended out:
As you can see, this color is not for my complexion. It does smell like coconuts though, yum!
The next product is the V Kosmetik Creamy Liquid Velvet Lipstick in Bubbly ($22). I always love to see lippies in my BoxyCharm! This one is absolutely stunning. I love the shade, it's perfect for Spring. Liquid lipsticks are a hit or miss for me, depending on whether they dry my lips out or not. Thankfully, this is a very comfortable liquid lipstick. It doesn't dry down all the way, so my lips don't start cracking.
How beautiful is this shade? I love it!
I actually really love the shade name. I never had a lippie named Bubbly. It makes me think of a fun party!
The applicator makes it very easy to apply. I have super thin lips, so I usually have a difficult time applying any kind of lipstick.
Look at that beautiful swatch!
Since this liquid lipstick doesn't dry down all the way, it isn't transfer proof and it won't last on the lips all day. Keep that in mind before leaving the house, you will need to bring it along for touch-ups!
The final product is the Basic Beauty Eyeshadow Primer ($18). I am pretty picky when it comes to eyeshadow primers, but I love testing new ones out whenever I can. This one looks quite promising. It claims to provide crease protection for up to 12 hours, but I will have to see that for myself. I do like that it provides a base color to help pigments pop a little more on the lids.
How tiny is that tube? I hope a little goes a long way with this one!
That base color is really perfect for me. I hope that it works for other skin colors too!
Final Thoughts
Overall, I'm pretty impressed with this month's BoxyCharm Base Box.
It costs $27.99 and this box has a $152 value! That's a fantastic deal!
Like I said at the beginning of this post, this box can get pretty skincare heavy sometimes. If you are looking for a makeup heavy subscription box, BoxyCharm is not for you. That being said, this is one of my favorite beauty boxes because they include so many popular brands each month.
You can sign up for BoxyCharm here.
Read This Next: Firm Sagging Skin Quickly with These Two Must-Have Products from Fresh
Follow on Instagram Follow on Feedly
Before You Go
Let's be friends!
Join my beauty family by signing up for my weekly newsletter.
And, don't forget to follow me on Instagram, you can check out my latest Instagram post here:
XO



















No comments:
Post a Comment