Hi There!
I am so happy that you found my blog, and I hope you stick around.
This is an old Skincare Routine Update post.
You should read my latest Skincare Routine Update instead.
Even better, sign up for my weekly newsletter so you don't miss any of my new content!
XO
Miriam
Hey Beauty Lovers!
I'm finally writing my last blog post for the night. I wrote out a crazy posting schedule, and I'm really trying to stick with it! With that being said, I'm finally posting my May 2019 Skincare Routines Update. This is the last blog post before I send my weekly newsletter, so make sure to subscribe!
Before I go through my routines, I do want to apologize for my low-resolution photos. I always use my phone to take my pics, and it's not great. I really do want to upgrade to an actual camera, but I just don't have the funds for one at the moment.
May AM Skincare Routine:
1. Cleanse
- Pacifica Coconut Micellar Water Cleansing Tonic- In April, I started using only micellar water in the AM, and it really helped improve my skin texture. Since it worked so well, I decided to continue using the Coconut Micellar Water from Pacifica at the beginning of my AM routine. I really love this micellar water. It is so gentle and really cleanses my skin of my PM skincare products. I use this micellar water with a cotton pad, and the bottle lasts me a few months. If you are sensitive to coconut-based products, I would recommend skipping this micellar water.
- Son & Park Beauty Water- After using micellar water, I like to gently exfoliate my skin with Beauty Water. This bottle of Beauty Water lasted me a whole year, so it is a great value. I use a little bit of the product on a cotton pad and swipe it across my face. It helps keep my skin clear and really preps my skin for the rest of my skincare routine. I think that any skin type would enjoy this product, but if you have sensitive skin, definitely do a patch test before applying Beauty Water all over your face.
- COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Toner- Even though Beauty Water can act as a gentle exfoliant, I like to use an exfoliating toner before starting my hydrating toners. The COSRX clarifying toner is one of my favorites. It is gentle, meaning it doesn't irritate my skin, but it is so effective at cleaning out my pores. I was even able to get rid of a milia spot that wouldn't go away on its own for over a year! This toner is marketed for all skin types, but again, please patch test this product before using it on sensitive skin.
- COSRX Centella Water Alcohol-Free Toner- Ever since learning about the 7-Skin Method, I was on the hunt for the perfect hydrating toner. I finally found my Holy Grail (HG) product. The Centella Water toner from COSRX fits all the criteria for being a great layering toner. It has minimal ingredients, no alcohol, no fragrance, and is made of the famous skin-soothing plant, Centella Asiatica. This toner is so amazing that it can be used on every skin type, including sensitive skin. I apply this toner in three layers with my hands.
- Secret Key Starting Treatment Essence- Ever since trying the famous SK-II First Treatment Essence, I knew I needed to find a dupe. There was just no way that I would spend that much money on a single product every few months. The SK-II essence will drastically change your skin, but as a Japanese product, it is quite expensive. I knew there must be a Korean product that would give me the same effects at a fraction of the price. Thankfully, I fount the Secret Key Starting Treatment Essence. While they do not contain the same fermented ingredients, the effects are the same. I highly recommend trying the Starting Treatment Essence if you are looking for a great SK-II dupe. I apply this essence in four layers with my hands.
- Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop Serum- I use Vitamin C in my skincare routine twice a day. Although it is only necessary to use Vitamin C once a day (due to the half-life of the compounds used in serums), I like to use it twice a day for a few reasons. I use it the AM under my sunscreen to help fight off free radical damage as it occurs. I also use it in the PM to act as a sponge for free radicals that I accumulated during the day. Skin cancer runs in my family, so I am overly cautious when it comes to UV damage. You definitely don't need to apply it twice a day. At the minimum, you should apply it once a day in the PM. The Klairs Vitamin C serum is extremely low dose and gentle. I like to use lower levels of Vitamin C to keep my skin from getting irritated. If you have a lot of hyperpigmentation, I would suggest finding a higher dose of Vitamin C.
- Bellflower Coconut Hydrating Serum*- Hydrating serums are a must of you have dry skin or a disrupted skin barrier. Remember that a disrupted skin barrier can lead to many symptoms, one of which is persistent acne. If you aren't sensitive to coconut-based products, I highly recommend checking out the Coconut Hydrating Serum from Bellflower. It is so lightweight but it really packs a punch in the hydration department. I like to use this serum right before applying a sheet mask, and it makes my skin so smooth and radiant. I highly recommend this serum to every skin type, except those that are sensitive to coconut.
6. Ampoule
- The Skin House Snail Mucin 5000 Ampoule*- After soaking my skin with a sheet mask, I like to seal in all that moisture goodness with a snail mucin product. In the AM, I like to use the Snail Mucin Ampoule from The Skin House. It smells absolutely amazing and applies like a dream. A lot of snail mucin products are quite sticky, but this ampoule is smooth and instantly absorbs. It does seem to have fragrance, so please do a patch test if you have sensitive skin. Otherwise, this ampoule is fantastic for all skin types.
- Etude House Moistfull Collagen Eye Cream- I have been using this eye cream for months and I still have some left. I get very dry around my eyes, so I need to use a hydrating eye cream. The Moistfull Collagen eye cream from Etude House is perfect for hydration. It will help your eyes look fresh and awake. It will also help a little with fine lines. Lately, I have been layering an actual anti-aging eye cream under the Moistfull Collagen eye cream for an extra boost. However, if you are in your 20s or have dry/dehydrated skin, I highly recommend giving this eye cream a try.
- Elizavecca Moisture Skin Liar Whitening Cream*- I have so many mixed feelings about this moisturizer. When I first started using the Skin Liar Whitening Cream, I was obsessed. It is a lightweight, yet very effective moisturizer. However, this cream is literally supposed to turn your face white. It leaves a white cast for an instant whitening effect and it has brightening ingredients for a long term effect. The reason I stopped using this cream is simply that I hated having to cover the white cast during the summer months. It's fine for my skin coloring to use during the winter, but I don't like to look like a complete ghost in the summer (not that there is anything wrong with being super pale). If you have very light skin, or you want a lighter complexion, I highly recommend trying this cream.
- Radha Beauty Argan Oil- I cannot stress the importance of sealing in moisture when you have dry or dehydrated skin. During the colder months, I always use a facial oil at the end of my skincare routine. In the AM, I like to use Argan Oil to keep my skin glowing and hydrated. Argan Oil is lightweight and sinks into the skin like a dream. You can pay a lot for Argan Oil at Sephora, but I have been using the Radha Beauty version for many years with the same results. This oil is safe for all skin types including oily skin.
- Australian Gold Botanical Tinted Facial Sunscreen- If you have ever read one of my skincare routines posts before, you will know that the Australian Gold tinted mineral sunscreen is my HG sunscreen. I have already lost count on how many bottles of this sunscreen I've gone through, as my husband and daughter now use it too. This mineral sunscreen will give you a satin finish and help smooth out any discoloration. The tint is not strong enough to cover any blemishes or very dark spots, but it will help with slight redness. I recommend this sunscreen to all skin types except dry skin. The zinc oxide is not very dry-skin friendly.
May PM Skincare Routine:
1. Double Cleanse
- Banila Co. Clean It Zero Original- If you have never used a cleansing balm, this is the one you should try first. It is buttery feeling, hydrating, and completely removes all traces of makeup. I absolutely love to use a balm cleanser during the cold months. This cleansing balm keeps my skin in perfect health, and I never experience any dry spots all winter long. I honestly like the Original version the most, but you should check out the other varieties if you have specific skin concerns.
- Mizon Snail Repairing Foaming Cleanser and Sunmay Leaf Sonic Facial Cleanser*- After a cleansing balm, I like to use a foaming cleanser. The Mizon Snail cleanser is so hydrating and soothing. A few times a week, I like to use the cleanser with a physical exfoliating brush. The Sunmay sonic brush is a fantastic dupe for the Foreo Luna. It will keep your skin smooth and clear. I don't recommend using a brush too often, as that can disrupt your skin barrier. I typically use a brush 2-3 times a week when I'm not using any other strong exfoliants.
- Coxir Green Tea BHA Clear Toner*- Just like I use an exfoliating toner in the AM, I like to use an exfoliating toner in the PM too. After cleansing, I apply one layer of this cleanser to my face with a cotton pad. My favorite feature of the Green Tea BHA Clear Toner is the light tea scent. I am very into scented skincare, I know that some people are sensitive to fragrance, so when my skincare smells amazing, I am more likely to reach for that product. This toner also leaves a slight oil film, but not in a bad way. The oil feeling is probably what counteracts the drying effects of the BHA. If you have sensitive skin, I recommend that you patch test before using this product on your face.
- COSRX Centella Water Alcohol-Free Toner- see AM routine.
- Secret Key Starting Treatment Essence- see AM routine.
- Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop Serum- see AM routine.
- Bellflower Coconut Hydrating Serum*- see AM routine.
- SNP Bird's Nest Eye Patches*- Unlike in the AM, I like to use eye patches under my sheet mask during my PM routine. The SNP Bird's Nest eyepatches are one of my favorites. They are cooling, they keep my fine lines under control, and they prevent bags from forming under my eyes. Lately, I started using my eye patches with my AM sheet mask, and I find that they are much more effective in the morning.
- COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence- As I mentioned in my AM routine, I love to follow up a sheet mask with some snail mucin. Unlike the snail mucin ampoule that I use in the AM, the COSRX snail mucin essence actually feels pretty slimy. It took me a while to get used to the texture, but this essence is a HG for so many people for a great reason. Adding this one product into your routine will help you with virtually every skin issue you may be experiencing. I really mean it. This essence is life-changing, and I recommend it for any skin type and condition.
- Elensilia-CPP Green Propolis Ampoule- While my skin is still wet with snail mucin essence, I like to apply an Elensilia ampoule all over my face. I have used quite a few of the Elensilia ampoules, and they are all amazing. Each contains anti-aging ingredients mixed with a super hydrating backbone. I highly recommend checking out all the varieties including the Green Propolis version.
- Etude House Moistfull Collagen Eye Cream- see AM routine.
- Pacifica Coconut Probiotic Water Rehab Cream- This is one of my favorite lightweight moisturizers. I'm usually a fan of every Pacifica product I try, and this one is no exception. If you aren't sensitive to coconut-based products, this cream is amazing. It sinks into the skin so quickly, works well under makeup and other skincare products, and doesn't clog your pores. Any skin type can enjoy this cream, just be careful if coconut products give you acne breakouts.
- SNP Bird's Nest Water Sleeping Pack*- A sleeping pack is a must for my skincare routine. I have been using sleeping packs for about two years now, and I am never going to be without one again. It is honestly the best way to maintain hydration and give your skin a beautiful glow. The SNP Bird's Nest Water Sleeping Pack comes in a box with 20 mini packets. Each packet lasts me 4-5 days, so I am still using this box. If you ever tried the Tatcha Water Cream, this sleeping cream has that same water feeling when applied. Almost like a water balloon is bursting on your skin. I am completely obsessed with the SNP sleeping pack, and it is safe for every skin type.
- Radha Beauty Rosehip Oil- As a final step in my PM skincare routine, I like to seal in all the hydration I just applied with Rosehip Oil. This oil is slightly thicker than Argan Oil, so I find it perfect for the evenings. Again, I highly recommend Radha Beauty oils. They are of great quality and work just as well as more expensive oils.
As always, please leave me any questions in the comments section down below. I would also love to hear from you if you tried any of these products, or if you have any product suggestions.
Don't miss any of my posts, enter your email here to receive my weekly newsletter. You can also find this form by clicking the Subscribe option from the drop-down list at the top of this page. By signing up, you will opt-in to receive a maximum of one email a week with links to my latest blog posts.
You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.
Check out my latest Instagram post here:
XO
*PR/gifted




No comments:
Post a Comment