Sunday, April 12, 2020

February 2020 Skincare Routines

>>February Skincare Expectations<<

After starting a new at-home workout routine, my skin decided to break out like crazy!

This happens to me every time I work out, and it doesn't matter if I shower immediately following a workout, or if I remove all my makeup before sweating.

It's pretty frustrating, but I am sure that I'm not the only one with this experience.

Since my skin was a little out of control, I decided to use the Cosrx AC Collection set (on sale for $45 right now) that I was sent by StyleKorean.

Of course, I always need to use anti-aging products, so I used the Retinol Youth Renewal products that were sent to me by Murad.

Let's get right to my AM and PM routines...

>>February 2020 AM Skincare Routine<<

  1. Cleanser: In the AM, I only use one cleanser. I prefer a hydrating cleanser, but I sometimes use exfoliating cleansers. Since the rest of my skincare routine ended up being focused on exfoliation, I chose the Huangjisoo Pure Daily Foaming Cleanser in Moisturizing*. It smells amazing, and it really does keep my skin from getting too dried out. 
  2. Exfoliation: After cleansing, I apply my exfoliating toners. These toners are not very strong, so I apply them with the palms of my hands. I first apply one layer of the Thank You Farmer True Water Light Toner* and then I apply one layer of the Cosrx AC Collection Calming Liquid Mild*. This combination really helps keep my skin texture under control.
  3. Vitamin C: I love to use Vitamin C in the AM. In February, my go-to Vitamin C product was the Wyldflower Labs Apricot-C Toner*. First of all, this toner smells a-mazing! Second, my skin was glowing so much from this toner that I skipped using sheet masks regularly all of February and March. Of course, I still used some sheet masks, but I wasn't using a sheet mask daily. I applied this toner with my hands, but you can use it on a cotton pad if needed.
  4. Hydrating Toner: If you are new to my blog, you may not know that I love to layer my hydrating toner. I apply 3-7 layers of toner AM and PM, depending on the hydration level of my skin at that moment. In February, I used the Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Toner exclusively. I say that because I have been using two hydrating toners since February. I apply a small amount of toner with my hands for each layer. 
  5. Serum: In February, I layered two different serums. I first applied the Cosrx AC Collection Blemish Spot Serm* to help with my acne. I then applied the Erno Laszlo Hydra-Therapy Boost Serum* for hydration. 
  6. Moisturizer: I typically use a lightweight moisturizer in the AM, and I have been loving the Cosrx AC Collection Lightweight Soothing Moisturizer*. This is a very lightweight moisturizer, but the hydration lasts all day! 
  7. Sunscreen: I don't think I've tried a new sunscreen in a few years. I have been obsessed with the Australian Gold Botanical Tinted Sunscreen, and I just keep repurchasing this HG. Let me know if you have a HG sunscreen, I need to try something new this summer.

>>February 2020 PM Skincare Routine<<


  1. Double Cleanse: I always start my PM skincare routine with a double cleanse. I use the Manyo Factory Pure Cleansing Oil* followed by the Cosrx AC Collection Calming Foam Cleanser*. The oil cleanser helps break up sunscreen and makeup, and the foaming cleanser helps remove the cleansing oil. To use a cleansing oil, apply a few pumps to your hands, warm up the oil, and then massage the oil into your dry skin. To remove the oil, wet your hands and massage your skin until the oil turns milky. Then you can simply rinse away the oil with water, and continue with your second cleanser.
  2. Exfoliate: In the PM, I only use one exfoliating toner. That way I don't over-exfoliate when I use a mask. In February, I used the Cosrx AC Collection Calming Liquid Mild* for my exfoliating toner. Again, since it is a mild exfoliating toner, I applied this with my hands. It really did help with my texture when I used it twice a day.
  3. Hydrating Toner: In the PM, I used two hydrating toners. I used one layer of the Astis Elderberry Collagen Deep Hydrating Toner* and 3-7 layers of the Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Toner. I absolutely love this combination of hydrating toners. The Elderberry toner smells like Elderberry tea, which I love! 
  4. Eye Treatment: To keep the skin around my eyes looking youthful, I like to use an anti-aging eye treatment. In February I used the Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Eye Serum*. I love that you can apply this eye serum on the eyelid as well as under the eyes. 
  5. Sheet Mask: This is when I usually use a sheet mask. My favorite sheet mask from February was the JayJun Purple Fragrance Mask (discontinued). I will be posting my February sheet mask empties next, so check my Beauty Empties Series tab at the top of this page.
  6. Serum: I layered two serums in the PM. I first applied the Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Serum* followed by the A'ala Hawaii Vita-B Stem Cell Serum*. This was such an amazing anti-aging combination!
  7. Moisturizer: Instead of using a moisturizer and sleeping mask, I used two moisturizers in February. I first applied the Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Night Cream* and then I applied the Dewytree Hyaluron Melting-Chou Cream. The Murad Night Cream is not a great moisturizer in my opinion. It is marketed as a night cream, but it is way too lightweight for the PM. I highly recommend layering a thicker cream on top. 

>>Final Thoughts<<

I am pretty happy with the condition of my skin after using this routine for a month. I did change my routine for March and April, but I didn't have to alter it too much.

If you have acne, I highly recommend the Cosrx AC Collection. The products are so gentle, but they really help exfoliate the skin properly and clear breakouts.

I stopped using the Murad serum and night cream after February. They just seemed so unnecessary. I still have them in my skincare cabinet, and I may use them again when the eye serum runs out.

>>Before You Go<<

I hope you enjoyed reading about my February 2020 Skincare Routines! If you are looking for more content like this, check out the Skincare Routines Series tab at the top of this page.

If you have any questions or concerns, please leave them in the comments section. I would also love to hear from you if you have tried any of these products!

Don't miss any of my posts, enter your email here to receive my weekly newsletter. You can also find this form by clicking the Subscribe option from the drop-down list at the top of this page. By signing up, you will opt-in to receive a maximum of one email a week with links to my latest blog posts.

You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.

Check out my latest Instagram post here:



XO
*PR/Gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...