Welcome back to my Beauty Empties Series!
As I mentioned in my disclaimer above, I get sent a lot of products to test out every month. I test out every single product before giving it a fair review, and if I really love a product, it will end up in an empties post.
After taking my empties photo for Instagram, I throw out all the empty containers. It may seem odd to mention this, but the truth is that most skincare influencers save all their empty bottles. This is how they are able to post massive skincare shelfies, but I find it deceptive.
Anyway, back to my empties. The products that I will talk about in this post do not include my sheet mask empties for the month. Sheet masks will be reviewed in a separate blog post.
This intro is getting a little too rambly, let's get to the empties...
~ August 2021 Beauty Empties ~
- Dr. Zenovia Aloe Vera Blemish Soothing Moisturizer* ($38)- I am absolutely obsessed with Dr. Zenovia skincare products. Everything that I've tried has been gentle, effective, and soothing, which are qualities needed in skincare designed for treating acne. Forget about harsh Proactive sets, if you are suffering from acne, especially hormonal acne, you need to try Dr. Zenovia products. They sell an acne set that includes a mini of this amazing moisturizer, and I highly recommend picking it up! I already have a few backups of this moisturizer, it's that amazing. I think I may write a blog post with my recommendations from this brand. Let me know if that's something you want to see in the comments below.
- Farmacy Daily Greens Oil-Free Gel Moisturizer* ($38)- During the summer, my skin can feel a little oily and breakouts are a little more common. I like to use a gel moisturizer on the hottest days of the summer, and this one from Farmacy is amazing for that. I wouldn't use this moisturizer on skin with active acne (use the Dr. Zenovia one for that), it contains some mild acids that will help exfoliate your skin and it may cause a reaction on broken skin. If you have oily skin and want to prevent breakouts, this is the moisturizer for you!
- Pixi Glow Tonic Mini* ($18 for the full-sized toner)- I have always been curious about the Pixi toners. I have seen them on all the skincare Instagram pages, but I was never convinced enough to pull the lever and buy one for myself. After using up a bottle of the mini Glow Tonic (a 5% Glycolic Acid toner), I have to say that it is an effective AHA toner. However, I'm not very impressed with the price. Instead, I would recommend the Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Night Pads ($13/60 pads). They are a great dupe for the Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel Pads ($88/ 30 pads) and they are more effective than the Pixi Glow Tonic. Save yourself some time and go for the Nip+Fab pads instead.
- 111Skin NAC Y2 Pollution Defense Booster* ($135)- Ok, hear me out. I know that this is a crazy expensive serum/ampoule, but this is an amazing product! If you live in a heavily polluted city, I highly recommend getting one of these to protect your skin. This ampoule also works well to combat blue light pollution, so anyone sitting at their computer all day should consider this one too. The bottle looks tiny, but it lasted me a few months due to the thickness and spreadability of the ampoule. I will say that it did make my skin a little tacky, so I highly recommend following up with a moisturizer. I will be on the lookout for a good dupe for the 111Skin Ampoule, but until then, I will recommend this one.
~ Final Thoughts ~
I am pretty sad to see the 111Skin Ampoule go. It was absolutely fantastic, and I will most likely buy a new one for my skincare lineup.
Like I mentioned above, I already have a few backups of the Dr. Zenovia moisturizer, it's that amazing. I also have a backup of the Farmacy moisturizer that I will be putting to good use soon.
The only product that I wouldn't ever repurchase is the Pixi Glow Tonic. It was just ok, it definitely can't compete with other glycolic acid products on the market.
I hope you liked this post! Keep an eye on my Instagram stories and Twitter page for blog post drops.
~ Before You Go ~
If you have any questions or concerns, please leave them in the comments section. I would also love to hear from you if you have tried any of these products!
Don't miss any of my posts, enter your email here to receive my weekly newsletter. You can also find this form by clicking the Subscribe option from the drop-down list at the top of this page. By signing up, you will opt-in to receive a maximum of one email a week with links to my latest blog posts.
You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.
Check out my latest Instagram post here:
XO


No comments:
Post a Comment