Sunday, January 30, 2022

Skinfix Barrier+ Skincare Review

Hello Beauty Lovers!

I cannot believe how fast January flew by. It seems like yesterday that we were bringing in the new year, and now we are already entering February. 

Speaking of February, I am going to be posting my Valentine's Day Makeup Picks in two weeks, let me know via Instagram DM if I should do a red or pink look.

Many moons ago, Skinfix sent over three products from their Barrier+ line for me to test out. I have already reviewed these products on my Instagram page, but I wanted to put together my thoughts for you guys on the blog.

Skinfix is a Clean at Sephora brand that is pretty new. The Barrier+ line products are formulated to help repair and strengthen the skin barrier. 

As someone who has damaged my skin barrier in the past (thank you Proactive), the Barrier+ line sounds like a dream come true!

If you are looking for products that will help heal and strengthen the skin barrier, this post is for you.


Disclaimer: This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Read my full disclaimer here.

Barrier+ Foaming Oil Hydrating Cleanser

The Foaming Oil Hydrating Cleanser is a very interesting cleanser. It doesn't act like an oil cleanser, but it's not a regular cleanser either. The texture is more of an oily cream and it is amazing at hydrating the skin while cleansing it completely.

I really enjoyed using this cleanser as my morning cleanser. I prefer a double cleanse for the evening, and I didn't need a rich cleanser for my second cleanse. I kept it in the shower to use after my morning workouts, and I found that my makeup applied so smoothly when I had this in my skincare routine.

This cleanser is great for normal and dry skin types. It would be a little too rich for combination skin and definitely too much for oily skin. The dryer the skin, the better this cleanser will work for you.

Key Ingredients:

  • Hydrating Triple-Lipid Complex- hydrating, barrier strengthening
  • Visibly Plumping Seaweed Hyaluronate Blend- deep hydration, creates glass skin
  • Hydrating Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice- rich in vitamins and minerals, acts to seal in moisture

Full Ingredients List:

Water/Eau/Aqua, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Glycol Distearate, Betaine, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Propanediol, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Benzoic Acid, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Jojoba Seed Oil/Macadamia Seed Oil Esters, Squalane, Phytosteryl Macadamiate, Phytosterols, Tocopherol.

After looking at the full ingredients list, you can see why this cleanser is too rich for oily skin types. However, this product is packed with ingredients that will help deeply hydrate dry skin. It is definitely a must-have for anyone that feels like there is no amount of moisturizer in the world that would hydrate their skin.

Barrier+ Triple Lipid-Peptide Lotion Moisturizer

The Triple Lipid-Peptide Lotion Moisturizer is actually great for all skin types. It is a little too lightweight to be used as a stand-alone moisturizer for dry skin, but it can be used under a thicker moisturizer to help strengthen the skin barrier.

Oily and combination skin types can get away with using this very lightweight lotion as a moisturizer without it feeling too heavy. 

This lotion is actually packed with some amazing peptides that I love to incorporate into my skincare routine. They are great for anti-aging and skin barrier repairing, so I just can't get enough of these fantastic ingredients!

I like to use this moisturizer on its own during the summer and under a thicker moisturizer during the winter. Since I tend to be on the dryer side during the winter, I need an extra boost of hydration. I will say that this lotion does not work well under moisturizer in the AM and tends to pill my makeup. To avoid this issue, I like to use the lotion in the PM during the winter months.

Key Ingredients:

  • Hydrating Triple-Lipid Complex- hydrating, barrier strengthening
  • Visibly Firming Nutri-Peptide Blend- helps repair the skin barrier and reduce redness/signs of sensitivity
  • Visibly Plumping Seaweed Sodium Hyaluronate- deep hydration, creates glass skin

Full Ingredients List:

Water, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Propanediol, Caprylyl Caprylate/Caprate, Jojoba Oil/Macadamia Seed Oil Esters, Behenyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Lecithin, Stearyl Alcohol, Nylon-11, Dicaprylyl Ether, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Squalene, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols, Phytosteryl Canola Glycerides, Chondrus Crispus Extract, Phytosteryl Macadamiate, Phytosterols, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol, Dilinoleic Acid/Propanediol Copolymer, Pentylene Glycol, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid.

I am honestly surprised that they included shea butter in a lotion designed for all skin types. If you have acne-prone skin, use caution before using this product. If you know that you tend to breakout form products with shea butter, avoid this completely.

Barrier+ Triple Lipid-Boost 360° Brightening Eye Cream

The Triple Lipid-Boost 360° Brightening Eye Cream is my favorite product that I tried from the Barrier+ line.

If you don't already know, not all eye creams can be used on the eyelids. Most eye creams are placed on the area under the eye, but I find that I tend to get very dry eyelids from all the makeup I wear throughout the week.

This ultra-hydrating eye cream solves my problem of dry eyelids perfectly! It can be applied all around the eyes and it helps hydrate the delicate eye area skin.

In addition to intense hydration, this eye cream also helps reduce puffiness, dark circles, fine lines, and wrinkles. What more can anyone want from their eye cream?

The only issue I have with this eye cream is that it may be too rich for anyone that is prone to milia. Those are the white bumps that can form around the eyes in response to the underexfoliation of keratin. Using very rich eye creams can trigger this response, and milia are very hard to get rid of once present on the skin.

If you are prone to milia from rich eye creams, do not use this product.

Key Ingredients:

  • Hydrating Triple-Lipid Complex- hydrating, barrier strengthening
  • Visibly Plumping Seaweed Hyaluronate Blend- deep hydration, creates glass skin
  • Visibly Brightening Saccharomyces Ferment- a prebiotic that helps reduce dark circles

Full Ingredients List:

Water, Glycerin, C10-18 Triglycerides, Caprylyl Caprylate/Caprate, Propanediol, Jojoba Oil/Macadamia Seed Oil Esters, Cetearyl Olivate, Stearyl Alcohol, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sorbitan Olivate, Behenyl Alcohol, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Extract, Phytosteryl Macadamiate, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein, Gluconolactone, Phytosterols, Chondrus Crispus Extract, Squalane, Phytosteryl Canola Glycerides, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dilinoleic Acid/Propanediol Copolymer, Myristyl Myristate, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate.

I absolutely love this eye cream. I can use it all around my eyes, including my very dry eyelids. When I have this eye cream in my routine, I like to use it in the AM. It really helps my eye makeup look fresher and smoother all day long.

Final Thoughts

The products that I tried from the Barrier+ line are fantastic!

The only thing that I would change about the products is the packaging. For a Sephora brand at their price point, the packaging is a little too cheap-looking. It doesn't feel cheap, it just has a cheap look. That being said, the products perform so well that they are worth every penny!

If you have any questions about the products I mentioned in this post, or any questions about healing the skin barrier, please leave a comment down below.

Check out the Skincare Reviews Series tab at the top of this page for more of my skincare reviews.

Follow on Instagram Follow on Feedly

Before You Go

Don't miss any of my posts, enter your email here to receive my weekly newsletter. You can also find this form by clicking the Subscribe option from the drop-down list at the top of this page. By signing up, you will opt-in to receive a maximum of one email a week with links to my latest blog posts.

You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.

Check out my latest Instagram post here:


XO


1 comment:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...