Hello Beauty Lovers!
I'm slowly getting through my missed blog posts from January, but I have so many more reviews to write. I hope that I can catch up over February!
Quite a few months ago, Peach Slices sent me three products from their Snail Rescue line to test out and review. Peach Slices is a brand under the K-Beauty brand Peach & Lily. Peach Slices can be found on the Peach & Lily website, Ulta, and Target. Their products are a little cheaper than Peach & Lily products, and they are targeting a younger demographic.
Most Peach Slices products are designed to address acne-prone skin, a typical teenage skincare concern.
Since I already knew that I loved snail mucin and Peach & Lily products, I decided to give Peach Slices a try.
Snail Rescue Blemish Busting Toner
I absolutely loved the Blemish Busting Toner!
If you have acne-prone skin, this toner is a game-changer. It provides intense hydration and helps heal current breakouts. I love that it doesn't have a snail mucin texture, because that can turn a lot of people off.
Key Ingredients:
- Snail Mucin- anti-bacterial, hydrating, exfoliating, brightening, and anti-aging
- Cica- skin healing, soothing, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial
- Hyaluron Acid- deeply hydrating and moisturizing
This toner is great for all skin types, including sensitive skin. It is also safe for all types of acne, including fungal acne.
There is zero alcohol in this toner and even though it is formulated with snail mucin, it is still considered cruelty-free.
I highly recommend using this toner in layers and applying it with your hands.
You will see the skin clearing benefits of this toner within the first few days of consistent use.
Full Ingredients List:
Snail Secretion Filtrate, Propanediol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hyaluronic Acid, Centella Asiatica Extract, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Citrate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citric Acid, Tocopherol
Snail Rescue All-In-One Oil-Free Moisturizer
One of the hardest things to find is a lightweight moisturizer that will actually hydrate the skin without causing breakouts for acne-prone skin.
The All-In-One Oil-Free Moisturizer is the superstar in this acne-clearing lineup!
Key Ingredients:
- Snail Mucin- anti-bacterial, hydrating, exfoliating, brightening, and anti-aging
- Cica- skin healing, soothing, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial
- Birch Juice- even skin tone and texture
- Strawberry Extract- exfoliating, brightening, anti-oxidants, and hydrating
This moisturizer is really the best acne friendly one on the market. It hydrates so well but it feels very lightweight. It isn't too rich so acne-prone skin won't break out.
I highly recommend this moistuirzer if you struggle with acne and are looking for a product that will hydrate and nourish the skin.
I love the squeeze tube, any miosturizer that comes in a tub will not work for acne-prone skin. Bacteria from your fingers will get into the tub and then you will be smearing the bacteria all over your face. Not a great idea.
I also love that this moisturizer is silicone-free. I find that silicones go into pores and stretch them out over time. I don't have any hard evidence of this, only my first hand experience.
Again, this product is cruelty-free even though snail mucin is used.
Full Ingredients List:
Snail Secretion Filtrate, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Betaine, Water, Centella Asiatica Extract, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hyaluronic Acid, Betula Alba Juice, Fragaria Chiloensis (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Sodium Carbomer, Propanediol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, Butylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol
Snail Rescue Intensive Wash Off Mask
Unlike other acne clearing masks on the market, the Intensive Wash Off Mask is not a clay mask.
Clay masks are great for drying up acne and reducing oil, however, they can be very drying and harsh for acne-prone skin. Imagine having a disrupted skin barrier and then damaging it further by sucking all the oil out of the skin. Not a good idea for anyone with inflammed blemishes.
This mask is super unique because it actually helps clear and soothe the skin without stripping the skin of oil.
Key Ingredients:
- Snail Mucin- anti-bacterial, hydrating, exfoliating, brightening, and anti-aging
- Cica- skin healing, soothing, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial
- Birch Juice- even skin tone and texture
- Strawberry Extract- exfoliating, brightening, anti-oxidants, and hydrating
- Licorice- brightening and calming
This jelly-type mask is extremely soothing. I absolutely love using this mask on active breakouts!
I like to apply a thick layer of this mask all over my face and let it sit for 10-20 minutes. When I wash the mask off, my face is less red, my acne looks less angry, and my skin looks brighter. All these benefits come without using a drying clay mask.
I highly recommend this mask to anyone with acne-prone skin. You can use this mask 3-4 times a week to help keep your skin clear and bright.
I especially recommend this mask to anyone with acne-prone skin that is also dehydrated. Clay masks will only make the acne worse for dehydrated skin, so this is the perfect solution.
Full Ingredients List:
Snail Secretion Filtrate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, 1,2-Hexanediol, Centella Asiatica Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hyaluronic Acid, Water, Fragaria Chiloensis (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Sodium Polyacrylate Starch, Betula Alba Juice, Propanediol, Butylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, henoxyethanol
Final Thoughts
I hope you enjoyed these reviews!
Anyone struggling with acne knows how hard it is to find products that actually work. The Snail Rescue line from Peach Slices is so amazing that I am recommending all three of the products mentioned in this post!
If you have any questions about putting together a skincare routine for acne-prone skin, feel free to reach out to me via email. You can find my contact information on my About Me page, check out the About Me tab at the top of this page.
You can find my other skincare review posts by clicking on the Skincare Reviews Series tab at the top of this page.
Follow on Instagram Follow on Feedly
Before You Go
Don't miss any of my posts, enter your email here to receive my weekly newsletter. You can also find this form by clicking the Subscribe option from the drop-down list at the top of this page. By signing up, you will opt-in to receive a maximum of one email a week with links to my latest blog posts.You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.
Check out my latest Instagram post here:
XO
No comments:
Post a Comment