Hey Beauty Lovers!
True Botanicals is a relatively new luxury brand that offers effective anti-aging skincare products.
I first noticed the brand when I saw Olivia Wilde as their brand ambassador. I absolutely love Olivia, so I knew that I had to try out one of their products.
Once I got to the website, I decided to look into their mission and back story.
The True Botanicals' mission is all about sustainability and natural-biocompatibility. All their products are formulated with botanical ingredients, many of which have organic origins. They also leave out all the unnecessary fillers from their ingredients list.
All the products are pretty expensive, so I only chose one product to review.
They have a nice range of skincare products, you can actually put together an entire routine from their website, but I was in need of an anti-aging serum, so I chose the Chebula Active Serum to test out.
Spoiler Alert: If you are looking for a single product that will help soften the look of fine lines and wrinkles, this review is for you!
Disclaimer: This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Read my full disclaimer here.
True Botanicals Chebula Active Serum
The True Botanicals Chebula Active Serum ($90) seems to also go by the Chebula Active Immunity Serum. My bottle includes the word Immunity, but the bottle on the True Botanicals website does not. To keep things simple, I will be referring to this serum as the Chebula Active Serum for this review.
So what is Chebula anyway?
Chebula is an ayurvedic fruit that is one of the most bioactive and powerful antioxidants in nature. It has been shown to target five signs of aging: minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, visibly even skin tone, smooth roughness, and give the look of firmer and brighter skin.
The Chebula Active Serum is a hydrating anti-aging serum that helps fight visible signs of aging while supporting your skin barrier. Skin is left hydrated, glowy, and more youthful-looking when used daily.
Product Claims:
- Softens and smooths the skin
- Diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Hydrating and antiaging
- Hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic and pregnancy-safe
Key Ingredients:
- terminalia chebula (chebula) fruit extract
- camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract organic
- aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice organic
- citrus aurantium (neroli) flower distillate organic
- echinacea purpurea (echinacea) flower/leaf/stem extract organic
- sodium hyaluronate
- sambucus nigra (elder) fruit extract
- zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract
Full Ingredients:
Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract*, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice*, Citrus Aurantium (Neroli) Flower Distillate*, Glycerin*, Aqua/Water/Eau, Sodium Hyaluronate, Terminalia Chebula (Chebula) Fruit Extract, Echinacea Purpurea (Echinacea) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract*, Sambucus Nigra (Elder) Fruit Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Phenethyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Alcohol*, Sodium Phytate. *Organic
After cleansing and toning, apply 0.5-1 dropper of serum to your skin up to two times a day. Follow up with your favorite moisturizer and eye cream. When using this serum in the AM, make sure to apply SPF before heading out the door!
I have been developing some pretty serious fine lines across my forehead over the last few years. It is the first sign of aging on my face, and I was getting a little freaked out. I was already using retinol-based products, and getting botox seemed like the only thing that would help. After using this serum once a day for two months, I noticed that the fine lines on my forehead have completely softened!
I'm not saying that this is a miracle serum that will turn back the clock overnight.
All I know is that my fine lines have gotten a lot less noticeable since adding this serum into my nightly routine.
Additionally, my skin has been looking a lot healthier over these last two months. I normally have to use a ton of vitamin C products, but I actually stopped using my standard glow-boosting skincare so that I can see if this serum brightened my skin on its own.
After testing this serum out, I think it would be great for anyone looking to brighten the skin, improve texture, diminish fine lines and wrinkles, even out skin tone, and/or fade dark spots. It can also be used by all skin types, including sensitive skin!
The price may be steep, but there are some products that are just worth the money.
You can purchase the Chebula Active Serum at the following online stores:
- True Botanicals ($90)
- The Detox Market ($90)
- Nordstrom ($90)
- Goop ($90)
Final Thoughts
The True Botanicals Chebula Active Serum is expensive but it provides visible anti-aging benefits. I highly recommend this serum if you have fine lines or wrinkles that you would like to soften. It will also help improve the overall appearance and texture of the skin, so it is definitely worth the money.
If you try out this serum, I would love to read about your experience in the comments section down below. Save this page so you don't forget to come back!
Read This Next: Better Than Botox? Anti-Aging Skincare Routine featuring Dr. Zenovia Skincare
Follow on Instagram Follow on Feedly
Before You Go
Let's be friends!
Join my beauty family by signing up for my weekly newsletter. You will get a weekly update with all my new blog posts.
And, don't forget to follow me on Instagram, you can check out my latest Instagram post here:
XO




No comments:
Post a Comment