Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Bobbi Brown | Vitamin Enriched Face Base Review

Hey Beauty Lovers!

I first noticed the brand in-store at Sephora about 10 years ago, but I didn't end up trying any of their products until recently.

Bobbi Brown has always been one of those out-of-reach brands for me. Their products were simple but expensive, and I was never able to justify the high price tag when there were so many other brands with flashier packaging that fit within my budget.

Now that I am in my 30s, the cutesy palettes that once called out to me no longer vibe with my aesthetic. I don't need a rainbow palette anymore, I need a more sophisticated look.

The lure of mature makeup brands like Bobbi Brown is now overwhelming. I see the simple packaging with its elegant logo and I want to spend every last penny getting it for my vanity.

Is this what growing up feels like?

I finally got my hands on two Bobbi Brown products; a foundation and primer.

The review for the foundation will be going live in a few days, but today I will be talking about the most amazing primer my dry skin has ever tried.

Let's get to the review...

Disclaimer: This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Read my full disclaimer here.

Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base

The Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base ($64) is super unique because it is both makeup and skincare. The brand calls it a moisturizing primer, but I would actually call it a priming moisturizer because of how deeply hydrated my skin feels every time I use this under my foundation. 

Product Claims:

  • Nourish, plump, and prep the skin for makeup
  • Improves the look of foundation
  • Leaves the skin feeling hydrated all day long
  • Helps grip makeup for a flawless application
  • Great for all skin types including oily skin
As someone with skin that can't tolerate the drying effects of a full-coverage foundation, this primer has changed my life!

Key Ingredients:

  • Shea Butter
  • Vitamins B, C, and E
  • Hyaluronic Acid
  • Squalane

Full Ingredients List:

Water\Aqua\Eau , Cyclopentasiloxane , Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Butylene Glycol , Ppg-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate , Cetyl Alcohol , Peg-40 Stearate , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Squalane , Glyceryl Stearate , Sorbitan Stearate , Epilobium Angustifolium Extract , Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure , Beta-Carotene , Sodium Hyaluronate , Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil , Tocopheryl Acetate , Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate , Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Flower Oil , Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer , Carbomer , Peg-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate , C12-15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate , Tetrasodium Edta , Sodium Hydroxide , Panthenol , Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate , Limonene , Citronellol , Geraniol , Linalool , Chlorphenesin , Phenoxyethanol

I absolutely love Bobbi Brown's packaging!

The Vitamin Enriched Face Base comes in a beautiful glass jar with a plastic lid. The lid is embossed with the Bobbi Brown logo, which I love, and there is an inner plastic insert that keeps the jar hygienic. The only thing missing is a mini spatula to help get the product out of the jar. 

For $64 you get 1.7oz of product, but a little goes a very long way and your jar should last you many months with daily use.

The primer itself has a cream/butter consistency. It glides on the skin effortlessly, and it sinks in pretty quickly. There is a slight scent Grapefruit and Geranium, but it only lasts a few minutes once applied to the skin. The brand claims that this primer can be used on oily skin, but it feels pretty heavy to me so I would advise using caution.

To use the Face Base as a primer, simply apply a small amount of product onto the skin as the first step of your makeup routine. This primer can be used on top of moisturizer if you have very dry skin, or it can be used in place of moisturizer if you have oily skin. Wait a few minutes for the primer to sink into the skin before applying foundation.

Due to its heavy consistency and added fragrance, I highly recommend a patch test for anyone with oily or sensitive skin types.

I have been using the Face Base with every type of foundation that I have in my stash. So far, I find that it works best with full-coverage foundations, it really helps keep my skin hydrated when wearing glam makeup for over 8 hours. Even thought the primer is thick, I haven't experienced any breakouts, but I don't know how it will perform with oily skin.

Tips:

  • If your skin is extremely dry, you can wear this alone without any foundation. It will give your skin a nice glow!
  • To make your own tinted moisturizer, mix some foundation and primer together. The coverage is buildable, but don't add too many layers or your face will start to look greasy.
  • Don't stick your nails or fingers into the jar, use a spatula or small spoon instead.
  • Don't use this primer under BB creams, tinted moisturizers, or other hydrating foundation formulas, your skin will end up looking like a hot mess.

If you have dry and/or mature skin and you love to wear full-coverage foundation all day long, this primer will level up your makeup game. Your foundation will look less cakey, your skin will get less dehydrated, and your makeup will stay put for hours.

If you have very oily skin and/or are sensitive to added fragrance, you may want to skip this primer. The Face Base is also pretty expensive, so please don't feel like you have to get this if you are on a tight budget. I haven't found a good dupe yet, but when I do, I will update this post with the link.

You can purchase the Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base at the following online stores:

Final Thoughts

I am so in love with the Vitamin Enriched Face Base from Bobbi Brown. It helps keep my skin hydrated under layers of a full-coverage foundation, something that no other primer seems to be able to do. I highly recommend it to anyone that wears a lot of heavy full-coverage foundations or simply has very dry skin.

If you try out this primer, I would love to read about your experience in the comments section down below. Save this page so you don't forget to come back!

Read this Next: Top 4 Full-Coverage Foundations for Redness, Acne, and Fine Lines

Follow on Instagram Follow on Feedly

Before You Go

Let's be friends! 

Join my beauty family by signing up for my weekly newsletter:

And, don't forget to follow me on Instagram, you can check out my latest Instagram post here:

XO


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...