Hey everyone! It's time to finally review the masks that come in the Peter Thomas Roth Mask-A-Holic kit ($75 at Ulta). I actually purchased this kit a while back at Sephora, but they now sell a different version of the mask set linked here. I waited a very long time to review these products because I wanted to make sure to really test each mask fully before giving my opinion. As you can see from the picture above, I really gave each mask in this kit a fair chance.
This kit came with 5 Peter Thomas Roth Masks:
Cucumber Gel Mask (1.7oz)
24K Gold Mask (1.7oz)
Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Mask (1.7oz)
Irish Moor Mud Mask (1.7oz)
Pumpkin Enzyme Mask (1.7oz)
Let me start by saying that I absolutely loved every mask in this collection. I have dry-combo skin that is prone to redness and breakouts. I didn't experience any irritation or acne while using these products. I did not use these products as directed. They advise users to apply each mask a certain number of times a week, but I used each mask whenever I felt that my skin needed some TLC. The instructions also state to keep the mask on for about 10, I consistently left these masks on for 1-3 hours.
Now let's get to reviewing these products!
Cucumber Gel Mask:
The full size version of this mask costs $52 and it can be purchased at Ulta or Sephora. It is the most soothing, detoxifying, and hydrating mask I have ever used. I definitely recommend leaving this mask on for longer than 10 min. I mainly used this mask after experiencing any form of skin irritation (i.e. sunburn, waxing, facial, etc.). The mask instantly cools down the skin and leaves it feeling silky smooth. During the summer I recommend leaving this mask in the refrigerator and using it cold. There is seriously nothing better than slathering this cold mask on your face on a hot day. As you can tell from the picture, I really used a lot of this mask. A little goes a long way with this one.
24K Gold Mask:
This is the most expensive mask of the set ($80 for the full size at Ulta or Sephora). It is meant to give you a feeling of luxury by putting gold all over your face. At first I was vert skeptical, and I thought this product was very gimmicky. Boy was I wring. I've used about 3/4 of the jar by now and every time I use it my skin looks amazing. It gives your skin a nice lift and glow. I definitely use this mask in the AM because it helps my makeup apply effortlessly and I look so much more radient throughout the day. I haven't seen any long lasting effects though which makes me hesitant to drop $80 on the full size jar. I recommend leaving this mask on for more than an hour.You will not be disappointed!
Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Mask:
If you can't tell from this picture, I really love this mask. I'm probably going to be purchasing the full size version of this mask ($52 at Ulta or Sephora) when this jar finally runs out. This mask really does it all! It has the right balance of hydration, anti-aging, and toning effects. If you are just going to buy one mask, I would recommend getting this one. I leave this mask on for at least 2 hours at a time and my skin looks completely new when I wash it off! It's almost like magic. If I have any redness, this mask evens my skin out. If I have any texture, it is magically gone. I cannot find any con when it comes to this mask. Unlike the Cucumber Gel Mask, I really don't like applying this mask cold.
Irish Moor Mud Mask:
If you have congested pores and acne prone skin, I highly suggest trying out this mask. The full size version of this mask costs $58 at Ulta and Sephora. I personally like this mask even more than the GlamGlow Supermud mask. This mask is so hydrating and really gets into your pores. You don't have to worry about washing this mask off after 10 min, because it doesn't dry. You can literally leave it on for hours without feeling any tightness! I do recommend washing this mask off with a washcloth in the shower. It is very messy to get off and will leave the water black. You can't tell from this picture (the inside of the jar is stained black), but I used up this entire mask. You do need to layer it on a little thicker than the other masks, so it won't last as long.
Pumpkin Enzyme Mask:
If I had to pick a second favorite mask, it would be this guy right here. This mask is literally a chemical and mechanical resurfacer. The full size version of this mask is $58 at Ulta and Sephora. I really like to use this mask at least once a week to completely even out my skin. If you have sensitive skin, please DO NOT use this mask. It will burn so bad that you will want to die. I can handle chemical peels and it still burns me for the first two minutes. After the burning sensation subsides, I usually forget that I have it on for a few hours. The results are amazing! It will literally remove the dead layer of your skin. In my experience, continued use helps control acne breakouts. Definitely one of the good ones.
Overall, this is a great kit by Peter Thomas Roth. If you are looking to try out his masks, or if you are looking for the perfect gift, I recommended buying this set. It is a great value and the sizes are very generous so you really get a chance to try each mask out.
Below is a picture I posted to Instagram this morning featuring the 24K Gold Mask I had on. If you want to see more skincare/makeup products, follow my Instagram.
-Miriam







No comments:
Post a Comment