Monday, March 13, 2017

My Favorite Tarte Products



Hey Everyone! This post will be going over some of my favorite Tarte Products! I've been very impressed with Tarte lately, and I'm really excited for their Spring launches this month (pic of that at the end of the post). I actually use one of my Tarte palettes for my everyday/work eye looks, and I love that they include good for your skin ingredients in all their products. Ok, lets get to it!




The Tarte Rainforest After Dark was actually my first experience with Tarte. I was intrigued by the beautiful packaging (the front has a picture of a snake!), and that it was an all in one palette. I was able to try their eyeshadow, blush, bronzer, and highlighter formulas with this product. It is also great for traveling since you only need to bring along this palette. The colors are very versatile and very pigmented. The matte brown is a little hard to blend, but the other shades are very creamy and blend well.The blush in the center is very beautiful and neutral the bronzer goes great with my light/medium skin tone, and the highlighter is pretty but subtle. I was most impressed with this blush formula because it literally lasted all day! I knew from then I would be buying more shades. Stay tuned for a full review and tutorial.




Next up is my everyday/work palette. The Tarte neutralEYES: volume IV comes with 10 large sized shadows, a brush, and brown eyeliner. I picked this palette up when it was on sale at Sephora, and I've been very happy with it. There are many different subtle looks that you can create using this palette, and it comes with matte and shimmer shades so you don't need to supplement it with additional shadows. The brush is great for picking up the glitter shades, and the eyeliner is a deep, rich brown color. The mirror is a nice size for getting ready in the AM. Overall, I'm very impressed with this palette. If you want to see a tutorial using this palette, leave a comment below.




Next up is the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Glisten. I love love love Tarte blushes. They are very pigmented, blend well, and the color is very long lasting. I prefer these blushes over any other brand honestly. My favorite shade, Glisten, is pictured above. It is a beautiful peach color with gold shimmer. The shimmer is not just on the top layer of the blush, there is shimmer throughout the product. These blushes are a nice size and it takes a long time to hit pan.




Next up are 3/5 Tarte creamy eyeliners that I got in a holiday set on sale. These eyeliners are super pigmented, and they dry down to last all day. The creamy texture is easy to work with, and blending/smudging is effortless. Show in the pic above are the brown (with gold shimmer), purple (deep purple), and grey (dark grey).




Next is the black (blackest black) eyeliner from the holiday set, the travel sized Tarte BB Tinted 12-Hour Primer in Light, and a berry liquid lipstick mini. The primer is medium to full coverage, goes on smoothly, and helps makeup last all day. I love that it has an SPF of 30 included. They don't have the travel size left in stock, but the full sized primer is reasonably priced. The only thing I don't like about this primer is that it dries out my skin with daily use. The liquid lipstick I got in a 500 point perk from Sephora. It is very creamy, pigmented, and long lasting. I never experience dry lips when using this liquid lipstick.




Finally we have the green eyeliner from the set (olive green), a sample of the Tartiest gel eyeliner, a berry lipliner, and the Tarte Creaseless eyeshadow primer. The lipliner came in the same set as the liquid lipstick, and it is in a matching shade. I don't use it very often, but it has a creamy, long lasting formula that is easy to work with, The gel eyeliner also came in the set, and it has a beautiful brown/gold pigment that dries down to last all day. I use the eyeshadow primer every day. It is hydrating, smoothing, and keeps my eyeshadows from creasing. The tube is almost empty, and I will definitely be repurchasing. 


I'm really excited for the Tarte Spring launch this year. They will be selling a unicorn horn makeup brush set as well as a jewel toned eyeshadow palette that I will be purchasing. Here is a sneakpeak taken from Refinery29:





Who else is excited about these products?


I hope this review was helpful! If you have any questions, leave them in the comments below.

-Miriam




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...