Monday, December 31, 2018

December 2018 Skincare Routines Update

Hi There!

I am so happy that you found my blog, and I hope you stick around.

This is an old Skincare Routine Update post.

You should read my latest Skincare Routine Update instead.

Even better, sign up for my weekly newsletter so you don't miss any of my new content!

XO

Miriam


Hey Beauty Lovers!

It's time for my last post of 2018! Happy New Years! I can't believe how fast time is moving, it feels like we just celebrated the beginning of 2018 a few months ago, yet here we are on New Years Eve. I got a jump start on my New Years resolution this year, this is my third blog post for the day!

This will be my last skincare routines update for the year, and I really enjoyed looking back at my very first skincare routine. I have learned so much about my skin this year, and I can honestly say that I don't need anymore foundation! This has been a huge milestone for me. I have suffered with acne for most of my life, and I feel so blessed to have normal skin again.

I owe most of my gratitude to Korean skincare. Ever since I started incorporating K-Beauty skincare products into my routine, my skin has improved drastically. My skin glows, it is perfectly balanced, my dark spots are fading, I have no dry spots, and I rarely get pimples. I plan on continuing my time consuming skincare routines in the new year, and I hope my skin thanks me in the future.

AM Skincare Routine:


1. Double Cleanse
  • Pacifica Coconut Dissolve Cleansing Oil Rehab- As always, I start my skincare routines with an oil cleanser or balm. This one from Pacifica Beauty has been my go-to for a year. It is lightweight and perfect for the morning. I warm up two pumps of this oil cleanser in my hands, and then I rub it on my dry skin. After a minute or two, I wash off the oil and move on to my second cleansing step.
  • Oseque Silky Bright Enzyme Powder Facial Wash*- I add a small amount of this powder cleanser into my palm, and rub the product between my wet hands. Once I get it frothy enough for my liking, I massage the cleanser into my wet skin. I focus my efforts on any rough spots (ie. side of the nose, chin, forehead, etc.) and I rinse my face well after a minute or two. Once I am done with my double cleanse, I gently pat my face with a clean towel.

2. Toner and First Treatment
  • COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner- I spray this toner into my palm two times, and I pat the product into my skin. This toner is meant to be applied with a cotton round, but I find it too wasteful. You can use it either way and get similar results.
  • Manyo Factory Galactomyces Niacine Special Treatment Essence*- A few seconds after I apply toner, I add about 6 drops of this special treatment to my hands. I pat the product into my skin, and I let it sink in for about one minute. This product has smoothed out my skin so much!

3. Essence and Serum

4. Eye Cream and Moisturizer
  • Etude House Moistfull Collagen Eye Cream- I apply a small dab of this eye cream around each eye. I don't pat it in, but I'm very gentle. This eye cream has helped my fine lines so much! A lot of times, fine lines are due to dehydration. If that's the case for you, this eye cream can really help. 
  • Trul Bye Bye Pink Cream*- I apply a small amount of this extremely lightweight (yet very calming) moisturizer to my face. It absorbs quickly, but I still wait a minute before applying any treatment on top.
  • Exuviance Age Reverse Toning Neck Cream*- Since I need an anti-aging cream on my neck at all times, I like to use a small amount of this neck cream in the AM. My PM moisturizer is anti-aging, so I use that on my neck in the PM. If you are not concerned with aging at this time in your life, feel free to skip this step.

5. Treatment, Face Oil, and Sunscreen
  • Elizavecca Milky Piggy Vitamin C 21% Ampule Mask*- This is an extremely sticky product that is really difficult to apply. I only use a small amount, and I apply it quickly to my skin. I let the mask absorb for about 20 minutes before moving on to the next step.
  • Radha Beauty Argan Oil- My skin has a fantastic glow thanks to facial oils. This Argan oil from Radha Beauty is fantastic! I apply three drops to my palms and rub my hands together to warm the oil. I then pat the product onto my face and neck. I wait a few minutes for the oil to absorb before applying sunscreen.
  • Australian Gold Tinted Botanical Sunscreen- I am a huge fan of mineral sunscreen, I just really hate that the white product leaves you looking like a ghost. This mineral sunscreen is tinted, has a silky finish, and has an SPF of 50. It is literally my dream sunscreen at an affordable price. I apply a decent amount of sunscreen to my face, neck, eyes, and ears every AM, even if I'm staying indoors. This right here is the true anti-aging product you need in your life.

PM Skincare Routine:


1. Double Cleanse
  • Banilla Co. Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm Original- I like to use a thicker first cleanser in the PM to ensure that I remove all the sunscreen, makeup, pollution, and anything else that my face accumulates all day. I add a small amount of this balm to my palm, and I warm the product between my hands before applying it to my dry skin. After all the dirt has been removed, I rinse my face thoroughly. 
  • Oseque Silky Bright Enzyme Powder Facial Wash*- I also use this product as my second cleanser in the PM (see my AM routine for directions). 

2. Toner and First Treatment

3. Essence and Serum

4. Eye Cream and Moisturizer
  • Etude House Moistfull Collagen Eye Cream- This eye cream is perfect for day and night (see my AM routine for directions).
  • Exuviance Age Reverse HydraFirm*- I like to use a thick moisturizer in the PM. This one feels amazing. It cools my skin, improves hydration, and improves my skin's elasticity. I apply one pump to my face and neck. It takes a little while for this product to absorb, so be patient before applying oil.

5. Face Oil and Sleeping Pack
  • Radha Beauty Rosehip Oil- This oil is a little thicker than the Argan oil from my AM routine. I like to apply two drops of Rosehip oil to my palm and warm it between my hands. I then pat the oil into my skin, making sure to include my neck. I let the oil absorb for a few minutes before applying my sleeping mask.
  • COSRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask- Some people use a sleep mask a few times a week, others use it every night. As an official skincare addict, I use a sleep mask every night. I just love the way my skin glows in the morning. I swear my skin glows 24/7 these days. Korean skincare is amazing! I apply a small amount of this sleep mask to my face and neck as my last step. Then all you need to do is go to sleep and wake up to amazing skin!

I hope you enjoyed this skincare routine! Check out my past skincare routines by clicking the Skincare Routines Series tab at the top of this page or click here!

If you want me to go over a specific skincare/beauty topic, please leave a comment below or privately email me.

My favorite K-Beauty websites are BeautyTap (use my code mimwieds15 for 15% off!) and MaskSheets (they have fantastic sheet mask sales and rewards program).

Enter your email to receive my weekly newsletter:

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.

My next sheet mask giveaway will be open 2/1/19 on my Instagram page.


XO
 *I received these products for free to review, all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...