Hello Beauty Lovers!
This post is not sponsored or affiliated with any company. The serum mentioned was purchased with my own money.
By now you must have heard that daily Vitamin C is really important for glowing skin. As a powerful antioxidant, Vitamin C helps repair and prevent damage caused by sun exposure. It also helps boost collagen production, fades discoloration, and improves hydration. A Vitamin C serum has become a staple in every beauty blogger's skincare routine.
As much as we all love Vitamin C serums, not all Vitamin C is created equally. Ascorbic Acid (aka L-ascorbic acid) is the most powerful and well-studied form of Vitamin C. Even if you find a product with Ascorbic Acid, the concentration of Vitamin C is also important. The higher the concentration, the more drastic the results. However, there is a catch. High levels of Vitamin C can be very irritating, and can actually cause some minor damage to the skin.
If you are looking to fade a lot of hyperpigmentation, or you want to see results as quickly as possible, you should be looking for a product with high levels of Vitamin C. However, if you are just starting to use Vitamin C, or you are looking for a serum to help prevent signs of aging, it is best to start with a mild formulation.
Since I have been trying to take care of my skin barrier over the last year, and I have already been using a Vitamin C serum for many years already, I was looking for a gentle but effective Vitamin C serum to add to my skincare routine. During my search, I read many great reviews for Klairs (aka Dear Klairs) skincare products, most of which mentioned their gentle formulas. I found that they released a gentle Vitamin C serum, called the Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop Serum, so I decided to try it out.
Key Ingredients:
- 5% L-ascorbic acid (Vitamin C)
- Centella Asiatica Extract (soothing)
Ingredients:
Water, Propylen Glycol, Ascorbic Acid(5%), Hydroxyethylcellulose, Centella Asiatica Extract, Citrus Junos Fruit Extract, Illicium Verum(Anise) Fruit Extract, Citrus Paradisi(Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Polysorbate 60, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract, Chaenomeles Sinensis Fruit Extract, Orange Oil Brazil, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Camellia Sinensis Callus Culture Extract, Larix Europaea Wood Extract, Chrysanthellum Indicum Extract, Rheum Palmatum Root Extract, Asarum Sieboldi Root Extract, Quercus Mongolia Leaf Extract, Persicaria Hydropiper Extract, Corydalis Turtschaninovii Root Extract, Coptis Chinensis Root Extract, Magnolia Obovata Bark Extract, Lysine HCL, Proline, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Acetyl Methionine, Theanine, Lecithin, Acetyl Glutamine,SH-Olgopeptide-1, SH-Olgopeptide-2, SH-Polypeptide-1, SH-Polypeptide-9, SH-Polypeptide-11, Bacillus/Soybean/Folic Acid Ferment Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol
Notes:
- Since this serum only contains 5% Vitamin C, it will take a lot longer to see results, but that also means that it will be much less irritating for the skin.
- The serum is designed to be very stable, but it is recommended to be kept in a cool, dark place to avoid direct sunlight.
Recommended Usage: (from the Klairs website)
After cleansing, apply about half a drop to the entire face and gently massage it into the skin. For those with sensitive skin, use after toner and apply 3-4 drops. For those with extra sensitive skin, mix a few drops into serum or lotion and apply to the face.
How I Use This Serum:
I don't have sensitive skin, but I apply a few drops to my face after I apply toner. I use this serum twice a day, and I don't experience any irritation.
My Experience With This Serum:
The serum itself is on the thicker side, and it leaves behind a slightly oily residue. It does sink into the skin quickly though. I like the dropper bottle, especially since it's not made of glass. It is perfect for traveling, the bottle won't leak at all. It does take at least a month to notice results, so stay patient.
I have been using this serum for a few months now, and I am in love! I am 3/4 of the way through the serum, and I will most likely repurchase it when I run out completely. My skin is bright, my pores are slightly smaller, and I haven't experienced any new dark spots on my face.
I recommend this serum to anyone with sensitive skin or a damaged skin barrier. I can't recommend it to anyone with oily skin since the product itself is quite thick.
Overall, this is a fantastic serum!
I hope this review was useful. If you use this serum, please let me know how it worked for you in the comments below. Feel free to leave me any questions or suggestions in the comments too!
Don't miss any of my posts, enter your email here to receive my weekly newsletter. You can also find this form by clicking the Subscribe option from the drop-down list at the top of this page. By signing up, you will opt-in to receive a maximum of one email a week with links to my latest blog posts.
You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.
Check out my latest Instagram post here:
You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.
Check out my latest Instagram post here:


No comments:
Post a Comment