Tuesday, July 23, 2019

April 2019 Skincare Routines

Hi There!

I am so happy that you found my blog, and I hope you stick around.

This is an old Skincare Routine Update post.

You should read my latest Skincare Routine Update instead.

Even better, sign up for my weekly newsletter so you don't miss any of my new content!

XO

Miriam


Hey Beauty Lovers!

Yes, I know it is July, but I am posting my April Skincare Routines Update today! I have been so busy at work lately, that I was not able to stay on top of my posting schedule! 

I'm now 8 months pregnant, so I am trying to finish up all my lab work by the end of the month. After that, I will focus on writing my thesis so that I can defend my PhD in December. I can't believe I have been in graduate school for 7 years already. It is definitely time to get out!

As always, I will be posting my skincare routine in order of application for both the AM and PM. I like to use many products on my face, but that is what works for me. If you have a simple routine that works for you, please don't feel the need to add a bunch of products! I'm just a skincare addict!

AM Skincare Routine:



1. Cleanse
  • Pacifica Beauty Coconut Water Micellar Cleansing Tonic- In April, I found that my skin really responded to cleansing with micellar water in the AM. I would apply the micellar water to a cotton round and swipe it across my face. Currently, I follow up with a cleanser, but I moved on to another water cleanser in April. My skin ended up becoming more hydrated, and I still use micellar water as a first step today.
  • Son & Park Beauty Water- After using the micellar water, I wanted to make sure that my skin was clean, so I followed up with Beauty Water. Beauty Water can be used as a cleansing water and toner, so it is very versatile. I use this product with a cotton round, and I swipe the product across my face. I guess this counts as a double cleanse, but not really. 
2. Exfoliating Toner
  • Cosrx AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner- I like to prep routine with an exfoliating toner. The AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner comes in a spray bottle, but the company recommends using this toner with a cotton round. This toner completely changed my skin. It cleaned out my pores in a matter of weeks and helped my skin feel refreshed after cleansing. I ran out of this toner in June, but I haven't repurchased it yet. I have so many exfoliating toners waiting to be tested, so it might be a while before I end up repurchasing.
3. Hydrating Toner/Essence
  • Cosrx Centella Water Alcohol-Free Toner- This is seriously a favorite of mine. I became obsessed with the 7-skin method this year. If you've never heard of layering hydrating toners/essences, stay tuned for my detailed blog post next month. To start the 7-layer method, I use 3 layers of the Centella Water Toner. It is so hydrating! I am almost running out of this toner, so I have to decide if I will be repurchasing it next month.
  • Secret Key Starting Treatment Essence- My HG skincare product at the moment. I cannot rave about this essence enough. I wrote a full review of the essence on my blog (check out the Skincare Reviews Series tab at the top of the page), and I only had great things to say! I am now on my second bottle (the one in the photo is still my first bottle), but I am never going to be without this essence! I will continue purchasing this product until it's discontinued.
4. Serums
  • Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop Serum- I heard so many fantastic things about the Klairs brand, so I decided to try their vitamin c serum. I loved the idea of a gentle serum, and I really like that it is colorless. When a brand adds coloring to their vitamin c products, it masks the oxidation of the vitamin c. This is really annoying because you may end up using expired and ineffective vitamin c products. The Klairs vitamin c serum was completely colorless, and I didn't notice any changes in color by the time it was empty. I have now replaced the Klairs vitamin c serum, but I will be repurchasing it in the future.
  • Bellflower Coconut Hydrating Serum*- This serum was sent to me by the brand, and I cannot be more thankful. I was at a point where my skin needed an extra boost of hydration, and this serum came just in time! I absolutely love the watery texture of the serum, and my skin became super hydrated and plump. It is formulated with so many fantastic ingredients, and it is super affordable too! The bottle lasted me a few months when used twice daily. I plan on purchasing this serum from the company in the future, but at the moment I have a few hydrating serums waiting to be tested.
5. Sheet Mask
  • I typically use sheet masks twice a day. I like to sandwich them between my watery, hydrating serums and my thicker essences and serums. I don't always have time to use a sheet mask in the morning, but when I do, you know I will be relaxing with one on my face. Sheet masks are my favorite part of my skincare routine!

6. Essence
  • Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence- After a sheet mask, I like to apply some snail products to seal in all the moisture. Snail mucin does feel a little weird at first, but you get used to the texture very quickly. The Snail Mucin Essence from Cosrx is a fantastic product for any snail mucin beginner. It is super hydrating, doesn't feel sticky, and the bottle lasts a really long time. 
7. Ampoule
  • Elensilia-CPP Green Propolis Ampoule- An ampoule is a highly concentrated serum. They are meant to use when your skin needs an extra boost, but I like to use them daily. I still use ampoules daily, and I always include an Elensilia ampoule once a day. I like to apply this to my skin right after the snail mucin essence because it spreads a lot easier that way. The ampoule in the photo is already empty, but I have a backup already. I am currently using a different Elensilia ampoule in my PM routine. Just an FYI, I like to buy my Elensilia ampoules from Masksheets. They are often on sale, and they have a fantastic rewards program.
8. Eye Cream
  • Etude House Moistfull Collagen Eye Cream- I purchased this eye cream when I was experiencing a lot of dryness around my eyes. I don't think that the collagen is super helpful, but it is a fantastic moisturizing eye cream. I am currently using an anti-aging eye cream in the PM, but I like to layer this one from Etude House on top. If I don't use hydrating eye creams, my eye area starts peeling. It is super uncomfortable and itchy. I highly recommend this eye cream to use alone or layer on top of another eye cream if you have dehydrated skin around your eyes.
9. Moisturizer
  • Elensilia-CPP French Propolis 80 RESISTEM Cream- Another fantastic product from Elensilia. This moisturizer is a repurchase. I try to pick one up every time I see it on sale for $10. It provides my skin with a fantastic layer of propolis that I think helps guard my pores against pollution. It also keeps my skin feeling plump and fresh. The only downside to this moisturizer is how sticky it feels. If I'm wearing makeup, the stickiness helps my foundation stick to my skin, but on foundation-free days, it can get a little annoying. Obviously, the benefits outweigh the cons because I keep repurchasing this cream!
10. Facial Oil
  • Radha Beauty Argan Oil- In colder months, I love to seal in my skincare with a facial oil. During the day, I like to use Argan oil because it is super lightweight and sinks into the skin effortlessly. I find that the oil helps keep my skin moisturized even in very harsh weather. I am not using this oil at the moment, but it will return to my skincare routine once the weather changes again. 
11. Sunscreen
  • Australian Gold Botanical Mineral Tinted Sunscreen- This is officially my HG sunscreen. I have gone through so many bottles of this tinted sunscreen that I lost count! This sunscreen is a mineral sunscreen, but it has a beautiful tint and satin finish. It really helps my skin look more even, and it doesn't make me look shiny throughout the day. The only downside is that there is only one shade. If you are dark-skinned, this sunscreen will probably be way too light for you. I really wish they had more shades available so that everyone can enjoy the product.

PM Skincare Routine:



1. Double Cleanse
  • Banila Co. Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm Original- During the colder months, I love to use balm cleansers as my first cleansing step. The Banila Co. is my favorite so far. It leaves my skin feeling clean and hydrated, and it takes off every last bit of makeup. When using a cleansing balm, it is important to follow up with a second cleanse to remove the oily film. Banila Co. has quite a few versions of their Clean It Zero, but I really like the Original one. 
  • Paris Hilton Skincare ProDNA Dual-Action Deep Cleansing Gel* + Foreo Luna Mini- As my second cleanse, I was using the Paris Hilton Skincare gel cleanser. It was a really fantastic cleanser, but it is way too expensive for me to purchase on the regular. I really am thankful that they sent me one to review (review coming soon). When I'm not using chemical peels, I like to use a silicone face brush to exfoliate my skin. The Foreo Luna Mini is an amazing cleansing brush that will stay charged for months! I highly recommend getting the mini version and saving some money.
2. Exfoliating Toner
3. Hydrating Toner/Essence
4. Serums
5. Eye Patches + Sheet Mask
  • JayJun Roselle Tea Eye Gel Patch- As I mentioned in my AM routine, I love to use sheet masks twice a day. In the PM, I usually use eye patches under my sheet mask. Eye patches have been a new obsession of mine. I love to wake up with fresh-looking eyes, and my fine lines have not been getting any deeper. The JayJune Roselle Eye Patches are so soothing. If you do have puffy eyes, try putting the eye patches in the fridge before using them!
6. Essence
7. Emulsion
  • JayJun Soothing Facial Moisture Emulsion- During colder months, I find that I need an extra moisturizer to keep my skin from flaking. The JayJun Moisture Emulsion is absolutely fantastic! It is super lightweight and it can be used a moisturizer or moisturizer booster. It made my skin silky smooth and hydrated! I am not using an emulsion right now, but I will use one again in the winter.
8. Eye Cream
9. Moisturizer
  • Pacifica Beauty Coconut Probiotic Water Rehab Cream- I am obsessed with this cream! I have already used two bottles, and I will be repurchasing this moisturizer again. It is very lightweight, and it is a great dupe for the Tatcha Water Cream. I will be writing a full review for this product soon, so stay tuned!
10. Sleeping Mask
  • Cosrx Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask- Sleeping masks are a must for me. I cannot go a night without its moisturizing goodness. Using a sleeping mask is like getting a hydrating facial treatment overnight. You wake up with perfectly smooth skin, and makeup applies so much easier! The Cosrx Rice Sleeping Mask is a gateway sleeping mask. So many people have tried it and got hooked on sleeping masks/packs. If you are new to K-Beauty or sleeping masks, I highly recommend trying this one out first!
11. Facial Oil
  • Radha Beauty Rosehip Oil- As I mentioned in my AM skincare routine, I love to seal in my skincare with a facial oil. At night, I like to use a heavier oil so that it doesn't sink in too quickly. Rosehip oil is amazing for the PM. It helps keep your skin moisturized, helps lighten pigmentation, and provides anti-aging benefits. I don't use this oil at the moment, but I can't wait to bring it back into my routine!
You are amazing if you made it to the end! My routines and sheet mask empties posts are my longest blog posts. I just have so many products to go through, and I have so much to say about each one!

I hope this skincare routines update was helpful! If you have any questions or suggestions for future posts, please leave a comment below.

Don't miss any of my posts, enter your email here to receive my weekly newsletter. You can also find this form by clicking the Subscribe option from the drop-down list at the top of this page. By signing up, you will opt-in to receive a maximum of one email a week with links to my latest blog posts.

You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.

Check out my latest Instagram post here:


XO


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...