Hey Beauty Lovers!
Whenever I used to see the word whitening on Korean skincare, it always made me a little uneasy. Are they being literal? Does the product actually lighten your skin tone? Or does whitening simply mean brightening? I read so many articles claiming that Koreans are obsessed with lightening their skin tone, but from all legitimate sources I've studied, it seems that Korean skincare has shifted to brightening skin rather than lightening skin.
From the experts at every popular K-Beauty blog, whitening on Korean skincare products actually means brightening. There are no skin bleaching ingredients listed in any of the products I've used, but there are a ton of brightening ingredients. This leads me to trust the K-Beauty blogs over the random bloggers that know nothing about skincare.
Now that we got that out of the way, I want to introduce the Elensilia IntraCELL Escargot + Galactomyces Sheet Mask. With the word whitening displayed prominently on the packaging, I'm sure this mask has turned off many consumers in the US. Unfortunately, this means that those people are missing out on a fantastic product.
Product Claims:
- Formulated with fermented Galactomyces and Glycosoaminoglycans to repair the skin and improve skin enzyme function
- Formulated with Niacinamide and Licorice extract to even skin tone for a brighter complexion
- The sheet is made of Tencel which helps it absorb moisture while retaining breathable
- Safe for all skin types, including sensitive skin
Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Niacinamide, PEG-32, Trehalose, Glycosaminoglycans, Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Polygonum Multiflorum Root Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Extract, Phellinus Linteus Extract, Angelica Gigas Root Extract, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Paeonia Lactiflora Root Extract, Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Betaine, Sanguisorba Officinalis Root Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Inonotus Obliquus (Mushroom) Extract, Pyrus Pyrifolia (Pear) Fruit Extract, Xylitylglucoside, Anhydroxylitol, xylitol, Lysine, Histidine, Aspartic Acid, Threonine, Serine, Glutamic Acid, Proline, Glycine, Alanine, Valine, Methionine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Tyrosine, Phenylalanine, Cysteine, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Acorus Gramineus Root/Stem Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract, Adenosine, Panthenol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glyceryl Caprylate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Allantoin, Sodium Polyacrylate, Arginine, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Peel Oil Distilled, Disodium EDTA
My Experience:
Now that I finished a box of 10 sheet masks, I finally feel comfortable sharing my experience with the product. I have tried so many masks from a variety of brands, and I have to say that the Elensilia sheet masks are my favorites. They are $3.50 each, so they are very affordable, and you can find them for sale very often.
Let me start with the material of the sheet. The Tencel mask is extremely comfortable, and it sticks to my face very well. It is slightly on the small side, but it still covers my face. I am surprised by how breathable the material is because it looks really thick and heavy.
The mask comes soaked in essence. There is also plenty of the essence left over in the packet, so I recommend applying it to other parts of your body, such as your arms. The sheet also feels very cooling and soothing on the skin, which is great for reducing morning puffiness. Every time I use this sheet mask, I am left with glowing skin. It is literally one of my favorite brightening sheet masks.
Overall, this is a fantastic sheet mask. It is not going to bleach your skin, but it will brighten your complexion. Although this mask is marketed to be safe for all skin types, I do not think this product would work for sensitive skin. If you do have sensitive skin and want to try this mask, use caution, and remove the mask if you experience any burning.
I hope you enjoyed this review! If you have any questions, I would love to answer them, so please leave a comment in the comment section below. I would also love to hear from you if you tried this mask, or if you have any sheet mask suggestions.
Let me start with the material of the sheet. The Tencel mask is extremely comfortable, and it sticks to my face very well. It is slightly on the small side, but it still covers my face. I am surprised by how breathable the material is because it looks really thick and heavy.
The mask comes soaked in essence. There is also plenty of the essence left over in the packet, so I recommend applying it to other parts of your body, such as your arms. The sheet also feels very cooling and soothing on the skin, which is great for reducing morning puffiness. Every time I use this sheet mask, I am left with glowing skin. It is literally one of my favorite brightening sheet masks.
Overall, this is a fantastic sheet mask. It is not going to bleach your skin, but it will brighten your complexion. Although this mask is marketed to be safe for all skin types, I do not think this product would work for sensitive skin. If you do have sensitive skin and want to try this mask, use caution, and remove the mask if you experience any burning.
I hope you enjoyed this review! If you have any questions, I would love to answer them, so please leave a comment in the comment section below. I would also love to hear from you if you tried this mask, or if you have any sheet mask suggestions.
Don't miss any of my posts, enter your email here to receive my weekly newsletter. You can also find this form by clicking the Subscribe option from the drop-down list at the top of this page. By signing up, you will opt-in to receive a maximum of one email a week with links to my latest blog posts.
You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.
Check out my latest Instagram post here:


No comments:
Post a Comment