Sunday, August 25, 2019

Essence Metal Shock Eyeshadow Review


Hey Beauty Lovers!

I'm finally writing another makeup review! I know that I post a lot of skincare content, but makeup used to be the main focus of my blog. It seems like forever ago when I started my blog, but it has only been about 5 years! 

Now that I'm posting more consistently, I am moving back to including makeup reviews. I hope all my skincare junkies stick around!

Today I will be reviewing the Essence Metal Shock Eyeshadows. I originally purchased these from Ulta, but I can't seem to find them there anymore. I linked to CVS, but you can always check out an actual Ulta store. 

I have been searching for drugstore alternatives to the Stila Glitter & Glow shadows for quite a while. I love the Stila shadows, but they are pretty expensive ($24 each). Drugstore makeup has improved so much in the last 5 years, so I decided to head to Ulta and pick up some alternatives. 

I picked up 3 shades of the Essence shadows for $5 each. I chose 06 Total Eclipse (purple), 04 Supernova (green), ad 02 Stars & Stories (pink). In addition to the Essence shadows, I picked up one from Wet n Wild, and it was similarly priced ($5.50). I chose the Wet n Wild one because Tati raved about its quality. 


The Essence eyeshadows go on very smoothly, but they can get patchy. To avoid this, I like to pat the product on instead of swiping. The swatch photo above is of one swipe of color. As you can see, the color is a little uneven. These shadows do build up very well, just make sure to let the shadow dry completely between layers.

All three shadows are very pigmented, and they are long-lasting. I don't experience any glitter fall-out, and the color does not fade throughout the day. I do recommend using an eyeshadow primer to help the colors look more vibrant.

These shadows layer very nicely over powder shadow, but I prefer to use them directly on top of a primer. I addition to using these all over my lids, I also like to use them as a winged liner and liner on my lower lash line. The glitter makes every look more fun and exciting! Check out my Instagram photo at the end of the post for an eye look using Supernova all over my lids.

Compared to Stila, the Essence shadows are not as vibrant, but they are very beautiful. For $5, I would much rather get the Essence shadows. Compared to the Wet n Wild shadows, I actually preferer the quality of the Essence shadows. The Wet n Wild shadow flaked way too much for me.

I hope you enjoyed this review! If you want to read all my makeup reviews, check out the Makeup Reviews And Tutorials tab at the top of this page.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please leave them in the comments section down below. I would also love to hear from you if you have tried any of the shadows mentioned in this post.

Don't miss any of my posts, enter your email here to receive my weekly newsletter. You can also find this form by clicking the Subscribe option from the drop-down list at the top of this page. By signing up, you will opt-in to receive a maximum of one email a week with links to my latest blog posts.

You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.

Check out my latest Instagram post here:


XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...