Hey Beauty Lovers!
I'm actually posting this unboxing on time!
This is my second Nourish Beauty Box* (check out the September Box here), and I really love this month's curation. Before I get to the unboxing, I'm going to have an introduction to the box. If you read my full September unboxing post, you can skip this section.
The Nourish Beauty Box is an all-natural, vegan, cruelty-free beauty subscription box. They include a variety of 4-5 full-sized makeup, skincare, body care, and haircare products each month for $30 with free shipping in the US. All the items included in the box are available for purchase on their website, and you can even purchase current and past boxes without a subscription for $45.
There is actually a holiday promo right now on their website! You can get 50% any purchase, except subscriptions, with the code NOURISHME50 (not an affiliate code). If you see any products that you like in this post, you can get it for 50% off right now.
Disclaimer: I use affiliate links in my blog posts. By using one of my affiliate links, I receive a few dollars. This helps support the blog since I do not accept money for product reviews. I never use affiliate links for products that I don't actually recommend. If you feel uncomfortable using affiliate links, please don't feel obligated to click on anything in this blog. You will also see that quite a few products have been sent to me for free. As a beauty blogger, I receive many products each month. I test out each product before giving an honest review. I am not required to include them in any posts, so if you see them show up, I actually like the products.
October 2019 Unboxing:
The first product in the box is the Wyldflower Labs Lemon & Carrot Facial Cleansing Gel. This product is actually a cleansing oil, but they call it a cleansing gel on the package. This cleansing oil is formulated with Carrot Oil, Soy Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Lemon Seed, Clementine Peel, and Lemon Peel. As a cleansing oil, this cleanser is supposed to be applied to dry skin and then washed off with water. Makeup, sunscreen, and dirt are supposed to be completely removed after the oil is emulsified with water.
I use a cleansing oil as a first cleansing step every PM to remove my sunscreen. Currently, I am using a very large bottle of cleansing oil, so I haven't had the opportunity to test this product yet. I might save this cleanser for travel since it is such a small bottle. As much as I love Wyldflower products, I wish that their products were larger. I understand that the ingredients are amazing and expensive, but if I am using a cleansing oil every night, this bottle will last me about a month. $25 a month is a little too expensive. Maybe this cleansing oil will turn out to be the best cleanser in the world, but for a product that I am rinsing off, it just doesn't seem worth the steep price. I will say that I am happy to receive the cleansing oil in a subscription box!
The second product in this month's box is the Nourish Naturals Safflower Shimmer in the shade Passion. This beautiful shimmer lip gloss is super hydrating! The gloss is formulated with Safflower, Sunflower, and Jojoba oils to keep lips smooth. In addition to the mentioned oils, the gloss also contains cocoa and shea butter, Vitamin E, and candelilla wax to keep lips in their best condition.
The Safflower Shimmer lip gloss has a sheer wash of color that can be worn on its own or on top of other lip products. The formula works well with lipsticks, liquid lipsticks, and lip liners. I absolutely LOVE the amount of shimmer in this gloss! The lip gloss is priced at $16 which is great for its size. I am definitely a fan of this product.
The third product included in this month's box is the Dr. Botanicals Pomegranate Superfood Regenerating Sleeping Mask. You may already know, but I think a sleeping mask is essential for any PM routine. Overnight, your skin goes through a phase where it stops producing oil. Without proper care, the skin can get very dry and start to age quicker. A sleeping maks will help keep the skin hydrated throughout the night, especially in the colder months.
While I would definitely consider this product a mini size, it is pretty thick and you only need a small amount to coat the entire face. The mask is formulated with great skincare ingredients, including Shea Butter, Pomegranate Extract, and Geranium Oil. I absolutely love the light scent, and I find that it works really well as an overnight treatment. I honestly think that the tube will last me a few months, so $16 is not a bad price.
The fourth and final product included in this box is the Seraphine Botanicals Sakura + Sage Vegan Eyeshadow And Blush Palette. Ever since trying out the Seraphine Botanicals eyeliner in the September box, I have been really interested in trying more products from the brand. I was really excited to see this palette in the October box, and I have already been using it!
This palette is a beautiful everyday palette. It includes two blushes and six shadows. The pan sizes are pretty large, and the colors are stunning! The formula for all the shades is talc-free and includes some fantastic ingredients such as Evening Primrose Oil, Sage Oil, Lavender Extract, Sakura (Cherry Blossom) Extract, and Rosemary Extract. The shadows and blushes are so pigmented and creamy. They are easy to blend and are really high quality!
My favorite shades are the glitter and shimmer shades. They perform as well as palettes found in Sephora, so I am not surprised by the $42 price tag. Getting this palette in the box was a huge bonus. If you get the box for $45 without a subscription, this palette is almost the entire cost of the box! That means you are getting all the other products for an extra $3.
Check out the colors finger swatched below!
The overall value of the October 2019 box is $98.99! This makes the box totally worth $45. Even if you get all the items in the box at 50% with the code, it is still cheaper to purchase the box!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you want to read more content like this, check out the Subscription Box Series tab at the top of this page.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please leave them in the comments section down below. I would also love to hear about your experiences with any of the products mentioned!
You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.
Check out my latest Instagram post here:
XO
*PR/Gifted







No comments:
Post a Comment