Wednesday, November 27, 2019

The Hawaiian Box Kauai Edition Unboxing


Hey Beauty Lovers!

Today I'm going to be unboxing something very special! The Hawaiian Box is a new quarterly subscription box that brings specially curated products from the beautiful islands of Hawaii right to your home!

Each box will contain at least 5 items that were made in Hawaii, Hawaii inspired, and/or designed in Hawaii. This box helps support local Hawaiian businesses, and the products are loved by Hawaii locals!

The full-sized box costs $94.50 every 3 months, but you only pay $82 per box when you pay for a full year at sign up. There are also mini options that contain 1-2 of the products from the full-sized box for $40.

In addition to receiving beautiful products, purchasing a box will also support non-profit organizations that help save Hawaii ecosystems. To find out more about the donations made by The Hawaiian Box, please send the company an email (info@thehawaiianbox.com).

Disclaimer: I was kindly sent this box to review, all opinions are my own.

Now let's get to the unboxing!

Warning: If you live in a state experiencing winter-like weather right now, this box is going to look amazing!


As soon as the box arrived, I knew I was going to love it! The thought and care that went into designing the actual box let me know that the creator is serious about quality. I couldn't believe that the outside of the box looked so amazing after being shipped from Hawaii to NY!


Again, the packaging for this box is on point! I love that the box had these beautiful black and white stripes on the inside, and the Mahalo sticker was a  fantastic addition. 


Opening the tissue paper, all the contents of the box were packed with care. Everything looked perfectly placed in the box, and it was exciting to see the info card on the top. I really appreciate when a subscription box comes with information on the products.


This is one of the most aesthetically pleasing boxes I have unboxed in a really long time. The tropical-themed colors really pop, and it made me very excited to pull everything out!


Um... what? This box is perfect! I am so happy that I was able to get this box to review. Everything in the box would work for any college aged-woman or older (I fall in the older category!).


It was really hard to photograph the info card because of the font, but I will rewrite everything for you!

Front of the card:

"Bathe yourself with a plumeria scented soap (with no artificial dyes), then dry off with a 100% aegean cotton Turkish towel designed of waves and beach days! Take time to relax and dream of a Hanalei Sunrise with a 7oz soy candle made especially for you! Plan your vacation in the notebook included, a reprinted cover from an artist who enjoys Kauai-living. When you visit us on Kauai, don't forget to bring along your zipper bag handmade with love.

"All Products are designed or made in Kauai. The Hawaiian Box: Kauai Edition holds a $125 value! Every box purchased will donate towards saving Kauai ecosystems.

"Mahalo for choosing The Hawaiian Box: Kauai Edition!"


Back of the card:

"The Hawaiian Box: Kauai Edition

"Our very first box holds a special place in our hearts as the creator of the Hawaiian Box was born and raised on the beautiful island of Kauai. She handpicked these products so you can embrace her Garden Island home.

"Our Products

"Scents of Aloha: Plumeria Soap- $7.50 value

"This plumeria scented soap contains no artificial dyes! It is packed with Macadamia and Kukui oils which contain vitamin A, E & C and antioxidants to help nourish your skin after a day at the beach. Shea and cocoa butter are also added as a natural sunscreen and excellent source for moisturizing.

"Eha Culture Kaahele Wrap- $45.00 value

"Eha Culture collaborated with Tamba to design this beautiful towel remembering waves and sunny beach days. Made of 100% aegean cotton, this Turkish towel has a versatile use. It can be used as a towel, blanket, sarong/pareo, shawl, scarf, and more!

"Ele Kauai- Hanalei Sunrise Essential Candle- $32.00 value

"These 7oz Essential Candles are made of GMO-free soy wax, high quality essential oils and hemp wicks and are hand-poured into glass containers, then packaged in a kraft tube container. They are made on the North Shore of Kauai and the scents are inspired by various locations around the island! Relax and dream of a Hanalei Sunrise, made of Jasmine and Tangerine.

"Pineapple painting notebook by Brooke Rosas- $19.00 value

"Brooke is a Kauai artist inspired by the beauty that surrounds her. Admire the detail of her pineapple painting reprinted on a notebook for you! More of her work can be found on etsy.com/shop/sonsnrosas.

"Mailelani's Fabric Zipper Bag Organizer- $22 value

"Mailelani's began their humble beginnings in 1985 and have long since provided countless handmade gifts and crafts to local islanders and visitors worldwide. Rest assured they include a special touch of love and aloha in every piece they create!

"Mahalo for choosing the Hawaiian Box: Kauai Edition!"

You can find The Hawaiian Box on Instagram and Facebook!

I absolutely love that this box comes with a story! The founder was born and raised on Kauai Island, and she chose the island for her very first box! This makes the box extra special, and I am loving that there are reasons why each of the products in the box were chosen.

Ok! Let's see the products!


This towel/blanket is everything! The color is not too vibrant, but it is such a pleasing color. The color orange is tropical, but it is also the color of happiness. We are having such dreary weather in NY, so I love keeping this blanket as a throw for my couch. It brightens up the room and brings some sunshine into our lives!


The towel/blanket is lightweight, and the perfect size for trips to the beach. I am actually really looking forward to using this as a beach blanket during the Summer months. The towel itself is made in Turkey. Based on the quality, I can see why this is listed at $45! I get so many compliments!


The packaging for this candle is so cute! I love the seashell and metal tab details, it gives the cardboard tube a really unique vibe. I am obsessed with candles, so I was really looking forward to this one. Jasmine and Tangerine sound so soothing and tropical!


The candle has a very luxury feel and the label is beautiful. I couldn't get the candle back in the tube for some weird reason, so I removed the seashell from the tube. I just had to keep it! Just looking at the candle, you can see that it is made of quality ingredients. The $32 price tag is vert=y realistic and not inflated in my opinion.


I am happy that this is a soy candle! I'm always so worried about burning non-soy wax around my kids, so this candle was perfect! I could definitely smell the tangerine right away, and I could pick up the jasmine note once I burned the candle. The jasmine is definitely subtle, but it gives the candle a very unique scent! This candle is definitely a product that I would pick up for myself if I ever vacationed on Kauai.


When I read that this bag was handmade, I could not believe it! This bag is very high quality and professionally put together! I think this was only one design option for the box because there is a different color on The Hawaiian Box website. I am so happy with the color I received.


I love that this was included in the box. The info card says that the company is well known on Kauai and is known for its gifts. As a makeup lover, I could not be happier with a nice oversized bag. $22 may sound like a lot for a bag, but it is beautifully made. I would definitely pick this up in a gift shop while on vacation. It is the perfect way to take the island home with you!


The inside is coated, so it is perfect for storing makeup brushes! I have been using it to store my most used makeup brushes, which includes a very large powder brush. The bag is large enough to house my large brushes without bending the bristles! If you don't use a lot of makeup, you can use this bag for so many other things! It is very versatile, and I am sure you will find something to keep in it!


Ok, I have a husband that is obsessed with bar soaps. Don't get me wrong, I love bar soap too, but my husband is OBSESSED. He has tried many different brands, and he thinks this is the BEST soap he has ever tried. I'm not even exaggerating!


The soap smells amazing! The scent is so subtle but strong at the same time (does that even make sense?). It is very moisturizing, and I love the way it makes me think of a tropical island. What an amazing treat for the winter!


As you can see, the ingredients are clean and organic. I love this soap, and I am pretty sure that you will too! I honestly can't believe that it only costs $7.50! I actually plan on purchasing some other scents from the brand!


The universe knew that I needed a new notebook. I like to journal, but I need a cute notebook to carry around! I have been searching for my next notebook, and this one shows up in The Hawaiian Box. I love the pineapple on the cover! It is so beautiful, and I love that it was created by a Hawaiian artist. She is seriously talented!


The pineapple picture is also on the back of the notebook, which is amazing! I honestly hate when notebooks are plain on the back. The notebook is spiral bound, and it has lines. The paper they used is high quality, and pen marks don't bleed through the pages.


Just a peek of the inside! I have been journaling in this notebook over the past week, and it's holding up very well. Overall, I think this is a great notebook. Looking at the cover makes me smile, and a little hungry!


What do you think about The Hawaiian Box? Would you subscribe to a luxury box like this one? I really like that it's a quarterly box so that you have time to enjoy the products you receive in each box.



I hope you enjoyed this post! If you want to read more content like this, check out the Subscription Box Series tab at the top of this page.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please leave them in the comments section down below. I would also love to hear about your experiences with any of the products mentioned!

Don't miss any of my posts, enter your email here to receive my weekly newsletter. You can also find this form by clicking the Subscribe option from the drop-down list at the top of this page. By signing up, you will opt-in to receive a maximum of one email a week with links to my latest blog posts.

You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.

Check out my latest Instagram post here:


XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...