Photo Credit: Sephora
Hey Beauty Lovers!
I have been wanting to do a post on all the new skincare at Sephora for a while now, and I decided to just finally do it!
If you are interested in hearing my thoughts on some of the new skincare products available at Sephora, keep reading.
Today I will be selecting some of the most interesting new skincare products available on Sephora's website, and letting you know if I think they are worth the price tag. I will not be including skincare sets, but if you want me to include them in a future post, let me know!
Disclaimer: I use affiliate links in my blog posts. By using one of my affiliate links, I receive a few dollars. This helps support the blog since I do not accept money for product reviews. I never use affiliate links for products that I don't actually recommend. If you feel uncomfortable using affiliate links, please don't feel obligated to click on anything in this blog.
New Skincare At Sephora:
Photo Credit: Sephora
GLOW RECIPE Banana Soufflé Moisture Cream ($49)- Glow Recipe is one of those brands that I haven't tried yet. I love the idea of their products and they have beautiful packaging, but I know that you can find cheaper K-Beauty brands on Amazon. Just because you see Glow Recipe all over Instagram, doesn't mean you need their products for great skin. If you have the money to spend and you want a luxe feeling moisturizer, then this may be for you. I'm sure it smells amazing and feels great on the skin!
Photo Credit: Sephora
MILK MAKEUP Vegan Milk Moisturizer ($38)- Milk Makeup makes amazing makeup products. I love their sheer coverage moisturizers and their cream products. I haven't tried any skincare from the brand, but now I'm intrigued. This moisturizer has a fantastic ingredients list and I am actually going to be putting this product on my wish list. This looks like an extremely hydrating moisturizer so I suggest avoiding it if you have oily skin.
Photo Credit: Sephora
FARMACY Cheer Up Brightening Vitamin C Eye Cream with Acerola Cherry ($45)- I love Farmacy products, but this eye cream is a "no" for me. I don't see any reason for applying a harsh ingredient like Vitamin C around your eyes. My eyes are watering just from reading the name.
Photo Credit: Sephora
TASTE BEAUTY Succulent Lip Balm ($8)- Where do I even begin with this? It's a cute concept, but I don't think I could justify spending $8 on a succulent looking lip balm. Maybe this would be a great gift idea? I'm not sure.
Photo Credit: Sephora
PEACE OUT Microneedling Anti-Wrinkle Retinol Patches ($28)- I have some mixed feelings about these patches. On one hand, they seem like a more hygienic form of derma rolling. On the other hand, I'm not sure how effective these can actually be. I think the retinol is doing most of the heavy lifting for these patches, so $28 is a little steep. I say that these are a "no" for me.
Photo Credit: Sephora
SUPERGOOP! Bright-Eyed 100% Mineral Eye Cream SPF 40 ($36)- No, no, no, no. An eye cream with SPF for $36 is a complete waste of money. Buy a regular eye cream that you can use day and night. I do not like SPF in moisturizers or makeup. Everyone should be reapplying sunscreen every few hours, so please just use a regular sunscreen!
Photo Credit: Sephora
HERBIVORE Prism 12% AHA + 3% BHA Exfoliating Glow Serum ($54)- This sounds like a lovely serum, but I wouldn't purchase any full-sized skincare products from Herbivore. The brand means well by leaving out preservatives in their products, but preservatives are needed to keep everything bacteria and mold free. This bottle will go bad before you get halfway through it! Correct me if they changed their formulation, but I would stay away from the brand. If you want a product that will help keep your skin clear, I would try the
COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner. I don't know the concentration of the AHA and BHA in the toner, but it works really well.
Photo Credit: Sephora
FIRST AID BEAUTY FAB Pharma Oat & Hemp Multi-Fix Salve ($34)- This salve actually sounds amazing for the colder months! I love that you can use this all over the body, and First Aid Beauty makes amazing skincare. This one is definitely a win.
Photo Credit: Sephora
LANEIGE Hypoallergenic Cica Sleeping Mask ($34)- I'm not a huge fan of Laneige sleeping masks. They are not as hydrating as other sleeping masks on the market, and they are pretty pricey for K-Beauty. However, I do want to give their Cica Sleeping Mask a try. I love anything with Centella Asiatica, so I really want to know how this formulation will perform on my skin. If it is hydrating, it will be worth the price to have Centella Asiatica in the mask.
Photo Credit: Sephora
MURAD Retinol Youth Renewal Night Cream ($82)- Retinol is my favorite anti-aging ingredient. Murad makes extremely effective skincare products, so I am sure this cream will help with any lines on your face. The price tag is very high so it may be a long while before I can afford this cream, but it is for sure going on my wish list.
Photo Credit: Sephora
LORD JONES Lord Jones x Tamara Mellon High CBD Formula Stiletto Cream ($70)- Please don't buy this heel cream. Even if you are a billionaire, this is one product that you do not need. I will never understand why this product even exists.
Photo Credit: Sephora
FIRST AID BEAUTY FAB Pharma Arnica Relief & Rescue Mask ($32)- Another win for First Aid Beauty! This mask sounds so soothing and nourishing. I need this in my life right now!
Photo Credit: Sephora
OLEHENRIKSEN C-Rush™ Brightening Double Crème ($46)- Ok, here's the scoop... I used to use the Ole Henriksen Truth Serum religiously for YEARS. Then I got bored of spending so much money for a Vitamin C serum and found some better alternatives. You can get the
Derma E Vitamin C Renewing Face Moisturizer instead of this one, and you can get the
Derma E Vitamin C Concentrated Serum instead of the Truth Serum. Save your money.
Photo Credit: Sephora
MURAD Retinol Youth Renewal Eye Serum ($85)- Another product on my wishlist that I can't afford. I have been getting fine lines around my eyes over the last year, so I really need a retinol eye cream. I will try to find a dupe for this, but it won't be easy. If you want a high concentration of retinol, you will have to spend some money.
Photo Credit: Sephora
DR. BRANDT SKINCARE Dark Spots No More® Triple Acid Spot Minimizing Concentrate ($68)- If you have dark spots, I would recommend trying a niacinamide serum out before getting this tiny bottle of product for $68. One of the main ingredients for this serum is niacinamide, so save your money. A great option is the
InstaNatural Niacinamide Serum.
Photo Credit: Sephora
TARTE knockout daily exfoliating cleanser ($24)- I think this cleanser is priced pretty reasonably for what it is. I love using chemical exfoliators, so I would use this product. I have other exfoliating cleansers though, so it won't be going on my wish list.
Photo Credit: Sephora
LANCÔME Rénergie Lift Multi-Action Ultra Dark Spot Correcting Cream SPF 30 ($109)- Besides not being able to afford this moisturizer, I really don't like moisturizers with SPF. They make my skin feel gross, and I always wear a sunscreen with SPF 50 that I reapply throughout the day. Save your money and buy a different Lancome cream.
Photo Credit: Sephora
LANCÔME Rènergie Lift Multi-Action Ultra Double-Wrapping Cream Face Mask ($15)- Pass. For $15 I could get a really fancy Korean mask. I might be a little bit of a skincare snob, but I only use Korean sheet masks. I did get a Lancome mask once, but I never opened it. Let me know if you tried this one.
Photo Credit: Sephora
DR. BARBARA STURM Clarifying Acne Spot Treatment ($55)- A spot treatment that costs $55 is a rip off in my opinion. Stop putting harsh treatments on your skin and check out the
COSRX brand. They have so many products for acne-prone skin that will actually fix the underlying issues.
Photo Credit: Sephora
CLINIQUE Moisture Surge™ Hydrating Lotion ($35)- I am not a huge Clinique fan. Their three-step system destroyed my skin barrier, the Dramatically Different Lotion+ was terrible for my skin, and their foundations dry me out. However, this lotion looks like it was inspired by K-Beauty hydrating toners/essences. I would be willing to try this out, but I won't hold my breath.
Photo Credit: Sephora
ALGENIST GENIUS Collagen Calming Relief ($58)- I hate that I love Algenist products. They are so expensive, but they are so good! I used to buy so many of their skincare lines and I loved their tinted moisturizer. It got a little too expensive for me, so I had to give up my addiction. This cream is formulated with Calendula, so I need to try it.
Photo Credit: Sephora
THE INKEY LIST Tranexamic Acid Hyperpigmentation Treatment ($14.99)- I have been seeing this brand all over Instagram, so I'm a little curious about this product. The price is pretty reasonable, but I'm not sure if the Instagram reviews are legit. Everyone writes glowing reviews for products they receive for free, so how can you take anything seriously anymore? I'm not sure if Tranexamic Acid is good for skin, so I will probably pass on this treatment.
Photo Credit: Sephora
KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 Rosa Arctica Lightweight Cream ($60)- I honestly don't get the fascination with Kiehl's skincare. Their products are pretty average and their markup is insane for the ingredients lists. I would skip this.
Photo Credit: Sephora
PETER THOMAS ROTH Water Drench® Hyaluronic Cloud Hydrating Toner Mist ($28)- I actually really love the Water Drench line from Peter Thomas Roth. The products are so hydrating, and the ingredients are of high quality. This toner looks fantastic, so it will be going on my wish list. It does say that it's a hydrating toner, but I don't recommend using it for layering since witch hazel is included in the ingredients list.
Photo Credit: Sephora
THE INKEY LIST Polyhydroxy Acid (PHA) Gentle Exfoliating Toner ($10.99)- If I was going to try anything from The Inkey List, it would be this toner. However, I already have a favorite PHA toner from
Some By Mi. If you want a toner with PHA only, this toner may be a good option.
Photo Credit: Sephora
GUERLAIN Abeille Royale Night Cream ($182)- I'm sure there is a great reason why this product is so expensive, but I'm going to pass. If I want a honey-based night cream I would choose the
COSRX Honey Ceramide Full Moisture Cream.
Photo Credit: Sephora
GUERLAIN Abeille Royale Day Cream ($154)- Again, why is this product so expensive! If you want an amazing moisturizer with Royal Jelly, check out the COSRX Full Fit Propolis Light Cream (yes, I love COSRX).
And that brings us to the end of the skincare section!
I hope you enjoyed this post! I will be rotating between Sephora, Ulta, and K-Beauty each week, so make sure to check out my Skincare Chat Series tab at the top of this page.
Don't miss any of my posts, enter your email
here to receive my weekly newsletter. You can also find this form by clicking the Subscribe option from the drop-down list at the top of this page. By signing up, you will opt-in to receive a maximum of one email a week with links to my latest blog posts.
You can also follow me on
Instagram and
Twitter for daily content.
Check out my latest Instagram post here:
XO
No comments:
Post a Comment