Hi There!
I am so happy that you found my blog, and I hope you stick around.
This is an old Skincare Routine Update post.
You should read my latest Skincare Routine Update instead.
Even better, sign up for my weekly newsletter so you don't miss any of my new content!
XO
Miriam
Hey Beauty Lovers!
It's finally time for another skincare routines update! I haven't posted my skincare routines in quite a while, but I will be uploading all the months I missed over the next few weeks.
As the weather gets colder and colder, I try to pack in as much hydration as possible in the AM and PM. My favorite addition for November has been the A'ala Bioactives Mana Moon*. Unfortunately, I used it all up in one month! When I end my no-buy, I will be stocking up on this amazing serum.
Just a note: I use a ton of products on my skin every day. You do not need to use as many products as I do to keep your skin looking beautiful. Please find a routine that works for you!
Disclaimer: I use affiliate links in my blog posts. By using one of my affiliate links, I receive a few dollars. This helps support the blog since I do not accept money for product reviews. I never use affiliate links for products that I don't actually recommend. If you feel uncomfortable using affiliate links, please don't feel obligated to click on anything in this blog. You will also see that quite a few products have been sent to me for free. As a beauty blogger, I receive many products each month. I test out each product before giving an honest review. I am not required to include them in any posts, so if you see them show up, I actually like the products.
Let's get right into the routines!
November 2019 AM Skincare Routine:
- Oil Cleanser: I have been loving the iUNIK Calendula Complete Cleansing Oil*. I have been using this cleansing oil for a few months now, and it is perfect for daily use! It is super lightweight, it washes off completely, and it leaves my skin feeling soft. I use two pumps of oil cleanser, warm it between my palms, and massage it into my dry skin. I then rinse off the oil very well and leave my skin wet for the next step.
- Water-Based Cleanser: To completely remove any traces of your oil cleanser, you must follow up with a water-based cleanser. I have been using the Be Plain Greenful pH-Balanced Cleansing Foam*. It is slightly exfoliating and smells just like green tea! It smells so good in the morning!
- Exfoliating Toner: For me, an exfoliating toner is a must. I love the way it feels on my skin, but I always apply a hydrating mist or hydrating toner immediately after. For the AM, I have been using the Thank You Farmer True Water Light Toner*. It has a mild scent and feels very refreshing. I pat a small amount of this toner into my dry skin with my hands after double-cleansing.
- Hydrating Mist: This is a step that I recently added since I had a mist to review. I really enjoy using a hydrating mist after my exfoliating toner, and I think I may make this a permanent step in my skincare routine once my no-buy ends. I have been using the A'ala Manoa Mist Moisturizing Elixir*. After toning, I apply three sprays of this mist with my hands. I don't like to spray anything directly onto my face, so I use my hands instead.
- Hydrating Toner: I have been using hydrating toners all year, and I absolutely love the way my skin looks and feels right now. I am currently using the Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Toner. I apply one layer of this toner to my face after the hydrating mist. Spoiler alert: this month I started using 5-7 layers of this toner and I am loving the results.
- Vitamin C Serum: I use a Vitamin C serum every single day. You can use it twice a day, and at one point I was using Vitamin C twice a day, but I am currently only applying Vitamin C serums in the AM. I apply a drop of serum to my skin after toning. I have been using the Hello Organic Vitamin C Serum*, but I just ran out! Unfortunately, this was the last Vitamin C serum in my stash and I am on a no-buy. Since I can't find the Hello Organics serum on Amazon, I will probably go back to the Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop once my no-buy ends (AKA I find a job).
- Niacinamide Serum: Niacinamide is one of those ingredients that helps almost all skin issues. I love to use niacinamide twice a day to keep my skin in optimal health. If you have never used niacinamide before, just know that some people can be sensitive to the ingredient. I have been using the InstaNatural Niacinamide Serum*. I love that this serum includes a lot of other fantastic ingredients such as Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin C. This is my second bottle of this serum and I am loving it! I apply a few drops of serum to my skin after my Vitamin C serum.
- Intensive Serum: This is just my thickest and most nourishing serum. I like to apply my skincare products from thinnest to thickest, so naturally, my thickest serum is applied last. I am pretty upset that I fell in love with the A'ala Bioactives Mana Moon Restorative Serum Balm*! It is the best product that I have ever tried, but it is $75!!!! The jar only lasted a month for me, but I wasn't very careful with how much I was applying at one time. I was literally slathering this stuff on my face twice a day! I honestly didn't check how much the product retailed for, so I didn't think twice about wasting a ton of product. Now I'm going to be saving every dollar so that I can purchase this serum myself!
- Eye Cream: I know that eye creams are pretty controversial, but I 100% believe that it helps my under eye area stay smooth. I use an eye cream twice a day, but I only use the Fleur & Bee Eyes Eyes Baby Anti-Aging Eye Cream* in the AM. I love that this eye cream isn't too thick, but it's thick enough to keep my skin hydrated all day. It works really well under makeup, even concealer. I really love this cream!
- Moisturizer: Of course, I use a moisturizer every day. In November I was using the A'ala Bioactives Priming Creme*, and I have to be honest. While I did enjoy the moisturizer, it just wasn't thick enough for the fall/winter weather we have been having in NY. I stopped using the moisturizer this month, and I will try this product out again in the summer.
- Neck Cream: Now that I'm in my 30's, I have been using a separate moisturizer on my neck more religiously. I have the neck lines that you get from looking down at your phone screen too much, but my neck looks pretty good at the moment. I like to keep it hydrated with a thick moisturizer. The Fleur & Bee Creme de la Cream Moisturizing Face Cream* was too thick for my face (aka I broke out), so I started using it on my neck. It makes a fantastic neck cream! It is formulated with a lot of anti-aging and hydrating ingredients. Now you know what beauty bloggers do with products we don't like, we repurpose them!
- Facial Oil: To seal in all the fantastic ingredients I apply to my skin, I always add a layer of oil. I am currently using a few drops of the Radha Beaty Rosehip Oil twice a day. Rosehip oil is a fantastic option for most skin types, but I would suggest using the Radha Beauty Argan Oil if you have oily skin.
- Sunscreen: This is a PSA to wear sunscreen 365 days a year! Yes, you have to wear sunscreen every day in a leap year too! My holy grail sunscreen is the Australian Gold Tinted Botanical Sunscreen SPF50. I have been using this sunscreen for years! I love the satin finish and light tint.
November 2019 PM Skincare Routine:
- Oil Cleanser: See AM Routine
- Water-Based Cleanser: I absolutely love enzyme powder washes. You get the cleanser in a dehydrated form and you just have to add water. These cleansers gently exfoliate the skin and leave your skin smooth! I have been using the Mother Made Active Charcoal Enzyme Powder Wash* only a few times a week for the last few months, but I started using it nightly in November. I know that over-exfoliation is a thing, but my skin really needed to be mildly exfoliated every night.
- Exfoliating Toner: Another exfoliator that I used every PM is the Heimish Refresh Water. This toner only exfoliates with a very mild chemical exfoliant, so it isn't harsh at all. I love this toner in the PM because I can use it with a cotton round on days that I use makeup as an extra cleansing step. If you are going to use this toner to help remove makeup, please do not use it to remove eye makeup. This should be used on the face only. On regular days I apply this toner with my hands after double-cleansing.
- Hydrating Mist: See AM Routine
- Hydrating Toner: See AM Routine
- Sheet Mask: I don't use a sheet mask every night, but when I do, I wear it on top of toner only. If you are looking for a great daily sheet mask, I highly recommend checking out the Innisfree Real Squeeze line.
- Treatment Serum: Since I do exfoliate a lot, I only use an exfoliating serum ~3 times a week. I am currently using the Be Plain BHA Peeling Ampoule*. An ampoule is basically a more concentrated serum, but this one is pretty thin, so I use it as a regular serum. I love how clear this ampoule keeps my skin.
- Anti-Aging Serum: Yes, my skin is officially aging. It's not that I'm scared of aging, I just want to keep my skin in its best condition, no matter its age. I love using snail products in the PM because they are nourishing and anti-aging at the same time. I have been loving the iUNIK Black Snail Restore Serum* for many months now. I am not currently using it because I have a ton of serums to test, but I will be coming back to this serum soon!
- Intensive Serum: See AM Routine
- Eye Cream: This jar is lasting me forever! I actually think that I went past the expiration date at this point, but I still love the way this eye cream feels! The Etude House Moistfull Collagen Eye Cream is so hydrating that it completely plumps out the fine lines around my eyes. I will probably repurchase this cream when I run out (and my no-buy is over).
- Moisturizer: This is a new addition to my routine and I have been loving it! It smells exactly like coconuts, so if you break out from coconut-based products, I would skip this cream. For the rest of you, the Andivia Beauty Hydrate Healing Moisture Creme* is out of this world! I have never loved a moisturizer as much as this one! It is perfect for the colder months and/or dry skin types.
- Neck Cream: See AM Routine
- Sleeping Pack: This might be the most expensive product in my routine at the moment. This sleeping mask costs a little over $100 and I really do like it. The Erno Laszlo Hydra-Therapy Memory Gel Sleeping Mask* reminds me of the Huxley brand, probably because it smells like prickly pear. If you want a great dupe for this mask, try out the Huxley Secret of Sahara Sleep Mask*.
- Facial Oil: See AM Routine
That brings us to the end of this post!
I hope you enjoyed this skincare routines update! If you want to read all my routine updates, check out the Skincare Routines Series tab at the top of this page.
If you have any questions or suggestions. please leave them in the comments section down below. I would also love to hear about your experience with any of the products mentioned in this post!
You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.
Check out my latest Instagram post here:
XO
*PR/Gifted




No comments:
Post a Comment