>> What Is An Emulsion <<
If you are wondering what an emulsion is, you are not alone!
I've never heard of an emulsion until I started to dive into the world of K-Beauty, and it left me confused for a very long time.
Basically, an emulsion is a light version of moisturizer. For oily skin types, a hydrating emulsion may be all the moisture the skin needs. For normal skin types, an emulsion may replace an AM moisturizer during the hot summer months. For dry skin types, an emulsion may be a great addition to a winter skincare routine.
>> JayJun Cosmetics <<
JayJun Cosemetics is one of my favorite K-Beauty brands. I was first introduced to JayJun through their amazing sheet masks. If you are curious about JayJun sheet masks, check out the Skincare Reviews Series at the top of this page.
JayJun is a popular Korean brand that can be found at most online K-Beauty retailers. I recommend checking out Yesstyle, Masksheets, Style Korean, and Amazon for the best deals.
In addition to great sheet masks, JayJun offers a variety of water-based emulsions for all skin types. However, the way you use the emulsion will depend on your skin type.
>> Soothing Facial Moisture Emulsion <<
The JayJun Soothing Facial Moisture Emulsion is a white, ultra-hydrating, and lightweight moisturizer. It is formulated with soothing ingredients that will help keep your skin soft and smooth.
Key Ingredients:
- Squalane (emollient and skin conditioner)
- Meadowfoam Seed Oil (emollient, skin conditioner, occlusive)
- Shea Butter
- Propolis Extract (skin conditioner)
- Platycodon Grandiflorum Root Extract (antioxidant)
- Nelumbo Nucifera Seed Extract (skin conditioner, emollient, antioxidant, antimicrobial, astringent)
- Lonicera Japonica(Honeysuckle) Flower Extract
- Forsythia Suspensa Fruit Extract (antioxidant)
- Centella Asiatica Extract (skin conditioning, soothing, and promotes wound healing)
- Arctium Lappa Seed Extract (skin conditioning)
- Anemarrhena Asphodeloides Root Extract (skin conditioning)
- Ceramide 3 (skin conditioning, anti-aging)
- Contains fungal acne triggers
- Contains fragrance
- Contains Silicones
- May be too heavy for acne-prone skin
Purified Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Squalane, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Shea Butter, Benzyl Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Propolis Extract, Platycodon Grandiflorum Root Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Seed Extract, Lonicera Japonica(Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Forsythia Suspensa Fruit Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Arctium Lappa Seed Extract, Anemarrhena Asphodeloides Root Extract, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Diethoxyethyl Succinate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phospholipids, Ceramide 3, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Butoxydiglycol, Propanediol, Raspberry Ketone, Sorbitan Isostearate, Polysorbate 60, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance
The emulsion itself is lightly fragranced, and it feels very hydrating. I like that it sinks into the skin immediately, and it doesn't leave a heavy film over the top. It's hard to describe, but it does have a kind of watery texture.
I hate the bottle packaging. The product gets all over the lid and it makes the bottle look messy. I wish that this product came in a bottle with an airtight pump, but I'm not sure if that would alter the texture in some way.
>> Directions <<
For Oily Skin Types:
I recommend using this emulsion instead of a moisturizer. As long as you do not break out from shea butter, this emulsion can be used twice a day. If you have combination skin, this emulsion may work only in the Spring and Summer months.
For Normal Skin Types:
I recommend using this emulsion instead of a daytime moisturizer. It may be too lightweight for the PM, especially if you have mature or aging skin. During the day, this emulsion works really well under sunscreen and makeup.
For Dry Skin Types:
This may sound extreme, but I recommend trying this emulsion under a regular moisturizer during the winter months. This can be done twice a day for very dry skin and only in the PM for dry skin. This is the way I like to use the emulsion when the weather super cold, especially when we have freezing winds in NY.
>> Final Thoughts <<
I actually enjoyed the Soothing Facial Moisture Emulsion a lot more than I thought I would.
The emulsion works really well under a regular moisturizer for extra hydration, but it can be used in place of a moisturizer for oily and normal skin types.
A little goes a very long way for this product, so if you are only using it seasonally, it may expire before you can finish the bottle. I recommend getting this product when it goes on sale if you don't plan to use it regularly.
I don't know if I would purchase this emulsion again or if I would try a different version from JayJun. I have been eyeing the Blooming Rose Water Emulsion and the Real Water Brightening Black Emulsion for a while. I may pick one of those up if they go on sale soon.
>> Before You Go <<
I hope you enjoyed this review! If you want to read more of skincare reviews, check out the Skincare Reviews Series tab at the top of this page.
If you have any questions or concerns, please leave them in the comments section. I would also love to hear from you if you have tried this emulsion!
Don't miss any of my posts, enter your email here to receive my weekly newsletter. You can also find this form by clicking the Subscribe option from the drop-down list at the top of this page. By signing up, you will opt-in to receive a maximum of one email a week with links to my latest blog posts.
You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.
Check out my latest Instagram post here:
XO




No comments:
Post a Comment