Monday, March 2, 2020

January 2020 Beauty Empties

Why You Should Care About Empties

Almost everything on Instagram and YouTube is an ad these days. Companies are sending "influencers" products in the hopes that they will share all the newest releases with their followers. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against PR. In fact, most of the products I use have been sent to me for free.

The issue is that most "influencers" will give products glowing reviews so that they receive more PR from the brand. I understand the pressure, and I feel for the "influencers" that are using social media and blogging as a means of income.

Fortunately, I have a full-time job that doesn't include blogging or posting to Instagram (I am a scientist if you were wondering). This means that I am not relying on brands to send me free products or sponsoring posts. However, I do post a lot of first-impressions for products sent to me by their brands.

This is where empties posts are useful. I am sent a lot of skincare and makeup, but what do I actually like to use? The products that I use to completion, are the products that I love. There have been products in the past that I stopped using after a few weeks because I found something better, but the products that I use up are the ones that I can honestly recommend.

Writing these empties posts keeps me accountable to myself and my readers. That's all that really matters at the end of the day.

If you have a favorite skincare blogger, keep a lookout for empties posts. See what products they are recommending every month, and then see if it shows up in an empties. If it never ends up as an empty, I would question the recommendation.

January 2020 Beauty Empties

My Beauty Empties post does not include sheet masks. If you want to see my Sheet Mask Empties posts, check out the Empties Series tab at the top of this page.


January 2020 Empties:
  • Elensilia-CPP Green Propolis Ampoule- If you have been following me for a while, you already know how much I love the Elensilia-CPP ampoules. I rotate between the regular propolis, green propolis, and placenta ampoules, and I have gone through so many bottles already! I don't use these every day, but they are amazing as a booster a few times a week. I'm actually wearing a glycolic acid mask right now, so I will be using this ampoule tonight. I have many backups of these ampoules, and I will always purchase 3-4 of them when they go on sale.
  • Be Plain Cicaful Ampoule*- I cannot even begin to tell you how soothing this ampoule is. If you have any skin issues, this ampoule is for you. Even if you have perfect skin, you need this ampoule. It is formulated with Centella Asiatica and it has a very simple ingredient list. It is perfect for sensitive skin, even rosacea! They now sell this ampoule in a larger bottle, and it is officially on my wish list! I will be getting my hands on this ampoule again, it is amazing.
  • Fleur & Bee Eyes Eyes Baby Anti-Aging Eye Cream*- I have been loving all of the products Fleur & Bee sent over in their PR package. I already emptied the Vitamin C serum (check my empties posts under the Empties Series tab at the top of this page), and now I'm out of their eye cream. The glycolic acid mask I'm wearing right now is also from Fleur & Bee by the way! This eye cream is fantastic for the daytime. It contains caffeine so it really helps keep the skin under my eyes looking tight and bright. I am definitely planning on getting this again, it is really affordable for an eye cream!
  • iUNIK Calendula Complete Cleansing Oil*- Ok. This is my new HG cleansing oil! I already recommended this to my real-life bff, and she loves it too! This is the lightest cleansing oil I have ever used, and it helps remove everything from my skin. I am so obsessed with this cleansing oil that I will probably never purchase any other brand again.
  • Nivea Moisture Lip Balm- I have the worst lips in the world. They are thin and super chapped all the time. That means I am constantly using lip balms. Unfortunately, I usually lose my lip balms before I can finish them. This one happened to stay in my drawer until the bitter end! I love how soft my lips feel with this balm, and I already have a ton of backups! I highly recommend this one if you get very chapped lips!
Final Thoughts

I try very hard to go through skincare products before I open something new, but I am sent so many products to review every month. If a product ends up in my empties post, you know that I loved it!

Next up is my January 2020 Sheet Mask Empties, so don't forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter! I send out a newsletter with all of my posts for the week every Monday. You can check out my past newsletters by clicking the Weekly Newsletter tab at the top of this page.


Before You Go

I hope you enjoyed this post! If you have any questions or concerns, please leave them in the comments section. I would also love to hear from you if you have tried any of these products!

Don't miss any of my posts, enter your email here to receive my weekly newsletter. You can also find this form by clicking the Subscribe option from the drop-down list at the top of this page. By signing up, you will opt-in to receive a maximum of one email a week with links to my latest blog posts.

You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.

Check out my latest Instagram post here:



XO
*These products were kindly gifted, all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...