Friday, March 6, 2020

Weekly Makeup Picks: Shop My Stash February 2020

Shop My Stash

Welcome to my new monthly Shop My Stash post!

In an effort to use up makeup from my current collection, I have been shopping my stash instead of Sephora.

Every Sunday, I select makeup that I will use for the rest of the week. I try to include products that will create a variety of different looks, and so far I haven't had to dip back into my stash midweek.

Just a note: I have decided to go Foundation-Free for 2020. I started this challenge on January 1, 2020 and I was able to hold out until March, 3 2020. I will discuss my reasons for leaving the challenge in my next Shop My Stash post. Since I was foundation-free for February, you will not see any foundations or face powders in this post.

This post is NOT SPONSORED and most of the links used are only trackable links, not affiliate links.

February 2020 Weekly Makeup Picks

Week 1: I was having a pretty low-key week, so I chose a palette that would give me neutral eye looks. I didn't use the powder blushes that were included in the palette, and I used the Marc Jacobs Beauty bronzer as an eye shadow. I didn't use an eyeshadow primer this week, and I honestly don't recommend that. My shadow creased like crazy without primer!



Products Used:

Week 2: Again, I wasn't doing much this week besides drop off and pick up my daughter from school. I did notice that I am running low on my Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, but I have a backup already (in a discontinued shade). I used the face powders from the Tarte Swamp Queen palette on my eyes instead of my face.



Products Used:

Week 3: I really miss the Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette, so I decided to use it for a week. I'm not going to lie, the mattes are really difficult to blend, but I actually like this palette. To make the shadows work, I apply a dark matte color all over my lid, not really worrying if it will blend all the way. Then I press a matching shimmer shade all over the lid with my finger. I blend out the crease with the nude shade, and I use the purple satin shade for my outer-v and lashline. This is an effortless way to achieve a smoky eye, and I am always getting compliments. I will pick this palette again this month and I will take some selfies to show you what I mean.



Products Used:

  • Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette- Urban Decay discontinued this palette, probably because most of the "beauty gurus" hated the patchy matte shades. I really like this palette, and I think that it's a shame that it is no longer available. I added a non-affiliate link to the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Palette page in case you want to check out what they have in stock.
  • Cover Girl Lashblast Volume Mascara- I actually think that this mascara is getting clumpy. It may need to be thrown out. Fortunately, there is a new L'Oreal mascara that I have my eyes on!
  • Tarte Eyeliner- Again, this eyeliner came in the holiday set that I purchased a few years ago. I linked the same Tarte Eyeliner page instead.
  • It Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil in Universal Taupe*- What can I say? This pencil is simple yet perfect for my needs. Ok, I will switch it up next week!
  • Nars Satin Lip Pencil Mini in Hyde Park- I got this lip pencil a few years ago in my Sephora Birthday Perk. They used to have some great products for birthdays, but those days are long gone. I really love the Nars Satin Lip Pencil formula and I will probably have to purchase the full-size when I run out of the mini.
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Anti-Aging- Okay, I'm really running low on the Eyeshadow Primer Potion. I have another Primer Potion in my collection, but it has a gold color. The color I own has been discontinued, but it is so pretty. I will probably have to start using it soon.


Week 4: I used to use this Tarte palette every single day in like 2018 or 2017. It was the perfect every day/workday palette, and it was on major sale at the time that I purchased it from Sephora. I love most Tarte palettes, so it wasn't a very risky purchase. I am still loving this palette, but it's a little too sheer for me these days. I tried to deepen up the look, but as you can see in my selfie below, it's not very pigmented. I do still love the palette, but I don't reach for it very often anymore. I will try to give it some love this yeat!



Products Used:


Finally, a selfie...


Final Thoughts

I will be including selfies each week in my March 2020 Shop My Stash post. I think it would be a lot more helpful and interesting.

I am always looking for feedback about my blog content. Do you enjoy seeing the flatlays and selfies? Do you like that I wrote a little bit about each product? Are these posts interesting?

Let me know what you think about my Shop My Stash Posts. If you want to check out my January 2020 Weekly Makeup Picks, check out my Makeup Series tab at the top of this page.

Before You Go

I hope you enjoyed this special post! If you have any questions or concerns, please leave them in the comments section. I would also love to hear from you if you have tried any of these products!

Don't miss any of my posts, enter your email here to receive my weekly newsletter. You can also find this form by clicking the Subscribe option from the drop-down list at the top of this page. By signing up, you will opt-in to receive a maximum of one email a week with links to my latest blog posts.

You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.

Check out my latest Instagram post here:



XO
*PR/Gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...