Tuesday, March 17, 2020

January 2020 Sheet Mask Empties

January 2020 Sheet Mask Empties

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

In case you were wondering, I like to purchase my sheet masks from Masksheets. They have amazing deals every month, and I am always picking up masks for $1 each! If you use my link to sign up for their fantastic rewards system, I will get some points to use on the site. I would really appreciate it if you can sign up, it will help me get some more sheet masks to review!


Mini Reviews

All of the links I use in this post are the best deals at the time of posting. Some are affiliate links, some are not, but all of my links are tracked to help me understand what appeals to my readers. Having an affiliate link does not affect my review, every review is honest and based on my personal experience.

Are you ready for some mini sheet mask reviews?

Let's get started...


JM Solution Glow Luminous Aurora Mask- JM Solution is one of my best finds in 2019. I was seeing their sheet masks all over Instagram, so I purchased a few of them to try out. I loved them so much that I bought a box of the Glow Luminous Aurora masks when they went on sale. The essence is so creamy and the sheet is so soft. I really do think that this mask helps brighten my skin and I love to use it before applying makeup. I love dripping sheet masks, so this was perfect in my opinion!

Soon Skincare Biocellulose Anti-Aging Face Mask*- I was sent two of these by the brand, and I only used one so far. This mask is out of this world amazing. Unfortunately, this mask is pretty expensive. I wouldn't recommend it for daily sheet masking, but only because of the steep price. I think this mask is a great treat for stressed-out skin. It is really a luxury item in my opinion. One sheet mask costs $22 and a box of five goes for $88. I am very grateful that I was sent two of these to test out, but I don't know if I would be able to afford to purchase them on my own. If you do have the cash, or you are looking for a special day treatment (i.e. for your wedding or another important event), I do recommend getting one of these masks. They really are amazing. I'm actually saving the second mask for as long as possible.

My21 Renew Infinity Mask*- This mask is a lot more affordable than the last one at $4/mask. I was sent the brightening (this mask) and moisturizing mask last year, and I finally took the plunge and used them! I used this one in January, and I used the moisturizing one last week (that one is coming soon). The Renew Infinity Mask was pretty good. It helped give my skin a beautiful glow and my skin felt very soft. I really did enjoy this mask, but I think you will need to use it more than once to see any real long-term results. I would probably purchase these if they go on sale.


JayJun Purple Fragrance Mask- This mask is one of my favorites from JayJun. The Purple Fragrance Mask is heavily scented, but it is so calming. The mask calms my skin and the lavender scent really helps me relax in the evening. The mask is a little too large for my face, but I enjoy it too much to really care. At least it's not too small like some other masks I've used. The texture of the essence and the sheet really reminds me of the JM Solution mask I mentioned earlier.

Mustus Daily Harvest Squeeze Tone Up Mask Pack- I was really excited when I got these free with a purchase from Masksheets. They sent me the Tone Up version as well as the Power Up version (shown in my December 2019 Sheet Mask Empties post) and they honestly remind me of the Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables masks. I wonder which one came out first, the Mustus or the Papa Recipe masks. Okay, I just googled the release dates, and it seems that the Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables line is the original. Anyway, back to the Mustus review. I really did enjoy the Daily Harvest Tone Up Mask. I don't think they are as intense as the Bombee Fruitables masks, but they are still pretty nourishing. I'm actually thinking of purchasing all six of the Daily Harvest masks to do a full review. Until then, I do recommend the Tone Up Mask!


Klavuu Green Pearlsation Teatree Care Mask- I could not get my camera to stop tone correcting when I took this photo. It was pretty annoying, and I'm not very skilled with PhotoShop. Besides for the terrible photo, I really did enjoy the Klavuu masks. The Teatree Care Mask is great for acne-prone skin. It is very cooling, soothing, and clarifying. That being said, I would recommend purchasing these when they go on sale. They are just not amazing enough to purchase at the full price.

Klavuu Daily Vitamin Care Mask- The same goes for the Daily Vitamin Care Mask. This mask does help brighten the skin, but not any better than other brightening masks at the same price point. I would recommend waiting for a sale before purchasing these. Honestly, I was expecting a little more from the Klavuu brand. They have some expensive skincare products for sale, so I thought the sheet masks would be extra special. I'm slightly upset that I spend over $5 for each of these.


Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Red Squeeze Intensive Mask- The Bombee Fruitables masks are absolutely amazing. I would spend full price for a box of these, but they are almost always $1 on Masksheets. They are insanely heavy and nourishing, so I wouldn't actually recommend these for daily masking unless you have very dehydrated skin. The Red Squeeze mask makes my skin so soft and smooth. However, this is not my absolute favorite of the Bombee Fruitables line. I will be writing a full review of the Bombee Fruitables line, including the reveal of my favorite, so make sure you are subscribed to my weekly newsletter (you can sign up at the end of this post).

Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Purple Squeeze Lifting Mask- The Purple Squeeze mask is also fantastic. I like the scent of this one a lot, but I don't notice a lifting effect. I honestly don't use this mask consistently enough to see any long term results like firming or lifting. I do still recommend this mask, and I always use a variety of anti-aging sheet masks in my weekly lineup. The Purple Squeeze mask isn't my favorite either, so make sure you don't miss my Bombee Fruitables review!


Etude House Air Therapy Green Tea Mask- If you haven't tried the Etude House Air Therapy Masks, you don't know what you are missing. These masks are so simple, affordable, and effective. I don't even know why I waited so long to try this line. I have seen so many great reviews, but I wasn't sold on the idea of a simple sheet mask for daily use. If you are looking to use sheet masks regularly, you don't need to buy expensive masks. These sheet masks are about $1 and they will seriously hydrate and smooth out your skin. I like that there are so many different versions to address most skincare needs. That being said, do not expect these masks to perform like higher-priced masks. The Green Tea one is great for acne-prone skin. I like to use this one as often as possible when my skin is feeling congested. I am never disappointed when I use this mask! I think I have one mask left, and they are definitely going on my repurchase list.

Etude House Air Therapy Ceramide Mask- The Ceramide mask is another great sheet mask from the Air Therapy line. This mask will help repair your skin barrier and it feels so nourishing. I love to use this mask whenever my skin is feeling dehydrated or irritated. These masks are so good! Again, I only have one of these left, so they are going on my repurchase list!


Leaders Mediu Amino Propolis Mask- Speaking of the Amino Propolis Mask, I'm actually wearing one right now! I am such a huge fan of propolis in skincare, and I think it does wonders for my skin. I experienced a stress-related breakout today, so I used the Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask and now I am replenishing my skin with the Amino Propolis mask. This mask gives me the same results as the Papa Recipe Bombee Black Honey Mask so I buy whichever ones are on sale. I do like the Papa Recipe masks a little more because they smell so good, but you may prefer these if you are sensitive to fragrance.

Leaders Mediu Amino Lifting Mask- I happen to love all of the Leaders sheet masks that I've tried, including this Lifting Mask. I use lifting masks regularly, so I can't say that this specific mask is keeping my skin looking young and firm. However, I do how hydrated and luminous my skin looks and feels whenever I use this mask. As with any anti-aging sheet mask, you would have to use this mask very frequently to see any lifting effects. This one is still a great option with a ton of fantastic anti-aging ingredients.


Elensilia Intra-CELL Escargot + Placenta Firming Mask- Here I go with another anti-aging mask. I keep saying that you can't see any anti-aging benefits without regular use, but I just can't stay away from these types of masks! I have purchased so many boxes of the Elenselia Firming masks, and I keep repurchasing them when they go on sale. I also recommend the other Elensilia masks, so get a few to try out!

The Saem Pure Natural Snail Mask- I picked up all the masks from this line to review, so I won't go into too much detail here. I did really like this sheet mask, but it was nothing special. If you can find it for $1, I would recommend stocking up because these are great for daily use! If you want to know my favorite from the line, you will have to wait for my full review (sign up for my weekly newsletter so you don't miss it)!


Dewytree Yun Bonan Mask- I don't know how many times I can give this mask a glowing review, but the Bonan Masks are amazing! I love the Yun Bonan masks so much that I used two in January. These are made with ginseng and they are great for improving the vitality of the skin. I love the scent, I love the way the essence feels, I love the fit, and I love how my skin feels after I use these. Overall, these are fantastic.

Dewytree Myung Bonan Mask-  Another fantastic Bonan Mask. The Myung Bonan Mask is for brightening, and we all know how much I love brightening masks. This mask will give you a beautiful glow, but it isn't as brightening as some of my other favorite brightening masks. I will be doing a full review of the Bonan Mask line soon! Sign up for my weekly newsletter so you don't miss it!

Dewytree It's Pure Lavender Mask- A little warning before I talk about this mask: Lavender is a very common skincare irritant. There are so many people that can't use lavender in their skincare products, so please use caution if you plan to try this mask! That being said, I love this mask. It is so calming for my skin, and I love to use it in the PM for its aromatherapy benefits. The It's Pure line keeps my skin very happy and I love to use them when I'm experimenting with new skincare products.

Dewytree It's Pure Aloe Mask- If you are looking for a fantastic soothing mask, the It's Pure Aloe Mask is for you! I am obsessed with this mask and I love to use it whenever my skin needs a quick reset. I will be writing a full review of the It's Pure line soon, and I will include my favorite from the set!


Esfolio Aloe Essence Mask Sheet- As much as I love the It's Pure Aloe Mask, I hate this Aloe mask from Esfolio. I am so disappointed in Masksheets for leaving the Esfolio Essence Mask ingredients list off their website. I purchased as many masks from the Essence line that I could find, but I didn't know that they are all formulated with a ton Denatured Alcohol! I am not scared of using products with Denatured Alcohol on my face, but it must be past the 10 ingredient mark in the ingredients list. The Essence Sheet Masks list Denatured Alcohol within the first 5 ingredients! That is wayyyyy too much alcohol for me. Why would I ever want to leave a cotton sheet soaked in alcohol on my face for 10-15 minutes????? I'm so disappointed and I will never purchase these masks again. That being said, I did use them all...

Esfolio Volcanic Ash Essence Mask Sheet- See my very long rant above...


Mother Made Rich Snail Mask*- Yes! These sheet masks are amazing! The Rich Snail masks are everything I want in a moisturizing sheet mask. They contain a ton of snail essence and the serum is thick and milky. I was sent a box of 10 masks by the brand, and I am so upset that I am almost out of them! I noticed that they redesigned the packaging, but the ingredients are still the same. I will be purchasing these when I run out of my free box. They are that good!

Final Thoughts

If I had to choose a favorite sheet mask for January, I would definitely pick the Soon Skincare Biocellulose Anti-Aging Face Mask*. It is one of THE BEST masks I have ever tried so far. You would have already known my favorite sheet mask if you follow me on Instagram (wink, wink).

I hope you enjoyed this sheet mask empties post! If you want to read more empties posts, check out the Empties Series tab at the top of this page.

You can also check out the rest of my January 2020 empties here.



Before You Go

If you have any questions or concerns, please leave them in the comments section. I would also love to hear from you if you have tried any of these products!

Don't miss any of my posts, enter your email here to receive my weekly newsletter. You can also find this form by clicking the Subscribe option from the drop-down list at the top of this page. By signing up, you will opt-in to receive a maximum of one email a week with links to my latest blog posts.

You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.

Check out my latest Instagram post here:



XO
*PR/Gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...