Saturday, April 9, 2022

February 2022 BoxyCharm Base Box Review

Hey Beauty Lovers!

Today I will be unboxing the February 2022 BoxyCharm Base Box. The BoxyCharm Base Box costs $27.99 a month and comes with 5 full-sized products.

I am sent the BoxyCharm Base Box in PR every month, but I genuinely love this box!

Unlike other beauty subscription boxes, BoxyCharm sends well-known brands in every box. I like to see products from Ulta and Sephora in a subscription box, so this is the one that I recommend. 

Just a note about the BoxyCharm boxes, there are quite a few variations each month. You won't necessarily get all the same products that you see your favorite influencer unbox, but you will get some amazing products. Keep that in mind before joining BoxyCharm!

Ok, let's take a look at what I got in my box...

Disclaimer: This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Read my full disclaimer here.

February 2022 BoxyCharm Base Box

  • Alleyoop Multi-Tasker 4-in-1 Makeup Brush ($28)- I have to admit, I am not a fan of this brush. It looks very odd and I don't like how they feel at all. I'm sure that the brush works very well, but I just can't bring myself to try it out. My mother already mentioned that she wants it for herself, so I will probably pass it along to her. I do think that it's unique, it's just not something I want to use.
  • Clara's New York Stimulating Retinol Facial Serum ($19.87)- What is going on with BoxyCharm this month? This is actually a repeat item for me. I have never had a repeat in the year+ that I have been getting the Base Box. I know that this is the PR box, but I don't think we are supposed to be getting repeats at any BoxyCharm level. This will serum will be going to my sister-in-law. She will love it!
  • Saturday Skin Yuzu Vitamin C Bright Eye Cream ($32)- I'm happy to see a Saturday Skin product in this box, but I'm a little disappointed that it's an eye cream. Regardless, I am excited to try this out when I run out of my current daytime eye cream.
  • Bali Balm Pineapple Lip Scrub ($17)- Another product that I'm not very excited to see. I don't really use lip scrubs, and pineapple is not my favorite scent. I know that my mom will really like this, so I will give this to her too.
  • OPV Beauty Translucent Setting Powder ($20.91)- Finally, a makeup product. I don't usually mind a skincare heavy box, but there needs to be at least one makeup product in my opinion. I guess the makeup brush counts as a makeup item, but I like to see actual makeup. I only wish that it was a palette or lip product. I will keep this setting powder and hopefully it works well!

Final Thoughts

This box was definitely a miss for me. I don't think I have ever hated a box from BoxyCharm before, but this one was pretty bad in my opinion.

The total value for this box was $117.78. While that is a great deal for a subscription box that only costs $27.99 a month, I wasn't actually happy with the actual products this month.

Even though I got a box that I didn't like this month, I still think that BoxyCharm is still the best subscription box on the market. I personally recommend the Base Box, but you can check out the larger boxes if you can spend a little more each month.

I hope you enjoyed this BoxyCharm Base Box unboxing! 

If you are looking for my other unboxing posts, check out the Subscription Box Series tab at the top of this page. I also have unboxings for a few other subscription boxes listed there as well. 

If you want me to unbox a specific beauty subscription box, please let me know in the comments below.

Follow on Instagram Follow on Feedly

Before You Go

Don't miss any of my posts, enter your email here to receive my weekly newsletter. You can also find this form by clicking the Subscribe option from the drop-down list at the top of this page. By signing up, you will opt-in to receive a maximum of one email a week with links to my latest blog posts.

You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.

Check out my latest Instagram post here:

XO


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...