Sunday, February 19, 2017

Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette Review + Tutorial


Hey  everyone! Today I'm going to share with you my thoughts on the Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette (purchased for $54 at Sephora). This palette is great for natural daytime smokey eye looks as well as smokey eyes hot enough for the night club! The packing is absolutely beautiful. The cover box has a nice grey smokey design with silver lettering. 


The back of the box gives you a preview of the shadows included as well as the Naked Smoky brush. Already looking at these swatches, I knew I would love this palette.


Opening up the box, the palette is absolutely beautiful. It is a plastic case with magnetic closure, but they keep the smokey design and silver lettering from the box. The case isn't too bulky, it's the same size as the other Naked palettes.




Opening the palette, these shades are to die for. There are enough shimmery and matte colors, that you don't need to supplement this palette with any other shadows. This is perfect on the go. It is still a naked palette, so you won't see any bright or accent colors. These shadows mostly consist of browns, grays, and blues. I really like that the shade names are included on the palette, and not as an insert. The brush is perfect for making a smokey look. One end features a crease brush and the other has a smudger. 




Here are the colors swatched on my pale hand. These colors can be used wet or dry, but I only swatched them dry. The shades are typical Urban Decay quality, very creamy and pigmented. The mattes can get a little patchy, but they are easy to blend out. I really do love and use every shade included in this palette.




Here is a simple daytime smokey eye look I created using this palette. You can check out some other looks I have here. 

Guide to this eye look:

1. Prime lids with primer (I used Urban Decay Primer Potion)
2. Highlight the brow bone with shade Thirteen
3. Blend the Shade Whiskey all over the lid, in the crease, and lower lash line
4. Layer the shade Radar on top of Whiskey
5. Apply the shade Dirty Sweet to the inner corners of the eye
6. Apply two layers of mascara (I used Urban Decay Perversion)

I did not use any eye liner for this daytime look. Hope you liked it!

-Miriam



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...