Sunday, March 4, 2018

Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Transformation Gel Dupe

**Updated on April 10, 2022**



Hey Beauty Lovers!

It seems like Ole Henriksen discontinued their Invigorating Night Transformation Gel! I can't believe that they would remove this treatment from their lineup, it literally transformed my skin within a few weeks when I used it many moons ago. I used to purchase the Ole Henriksen holiday gift sets from Sephora every year and used the mini Invigorating Night Transformation Gels for months at a time! It was truly a fantastic product.

In its place, Ole Henriksen released the Dewtopia™ 20% Acid Night Treatment ($55). On their website, Ole Henriksen mentions that the slight tingle you feel from this product means that it is working. Actually, tingling skin is not a great sign when using acids at home. The tingling feeling means that they included a high percentage of acids and you need to be very careful not to over-exfoliate your skin!

The main ingredients in the original Ole Henriksen treatment were AHAs. Since I did not experience any tingling, the percentage of acids used was appropriate for home use. At lower percentages, these gentle acids help exfoliate the skin without any irritation (unlike BHAs). This makes it a great option for those suffering from acne and sensitive skin! When used consistently, low percentages of AHAs are great for maintaining a clear and smooth face.

Today I wanted to introduce a fantastic product from Derma E. The Overnight Peel (Ulta, Amazon, and DermaE) features 5% AHAs and works exactly like the Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Transformation Gel. They both contain Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, and Lemon extract. The ingredient list is not 100% identical, but the second ingredient for both products is glycolic acid. The best part is that the Derma E Overnight Peel is significantly cheaper than the Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Transformation Gel.

Both products were designed to be used 1-2 times a week as an overnight treatment. Please don't use them more often or you will run the risk of over-exfoliation. The treatments are great for anti-aging, brightening, refining skin texture, reducing hyperpigmentation, and clearing the skin, so I always recommend them to my friends and family.

Let's take a look at the ingredients for both products...

Ole Henriksen Ingredients:

  • Glycolic Acid
  • Lactic Acid
  • Lemon Extract
  • Microalgae
  • $28.24/oz
Water, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Xantahn Gum, Lactic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Fruit Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Propylene Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Acer Saccarum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Citric Acid, Parfum/Fragrance, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Sodium Levulinate, Calcium Ascorbate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Sodium Anisate, Calcium Carbonate, Calcium Threonate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Benzyl Benzoate

Derma E Ingredients:
  • Glycolic Acid
  • Lactic Acid
  • Lemon Extract
  • Malic Acid
  • $9.50/oz
Purified Water, Glycolic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Plant Derived), Glycerin (Vegetable Derived), Stearic Acid (Vegetable Derived), Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Cetearyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Ceteareth-20, Glyceryl Stearate (Vegetable Derived), PEG-100 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Lactic Acid, Malic Acid, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Passiflora Incarnata (Passion) Fruit Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Ester), Organic Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract*, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin

Final Thoughts

I never thought that I would find such a cheap dupe for Ole Henriksen. I was completely shocked that I was able to achieve the same exact results with this product. I highly suggest you try it out for yourself for a few weeks. You will not be disappointed.

I hope you enjoyed this post. Please leave any questions, comments, and/or suggestions in the comment box below. If you would like to see more skincare dupe posts, please let me know.

Before You Go

Don't miss any of my posts, enter your email here to receive my weekly newsletter. You can also find this form by clicking the Subscribe option from the drop-down list at the top of this page. By signing up, you will opt-in to receive a maximum of one email a week with links to my latest blog posts.

You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.

XO


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you know why it was discontinued? I loved this product, thanks for the new recommendation

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...