Sunday, March 4, 2018

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Dupe



Hey Beauty Lovers!

Today I will be talking about the Derma E Vitamin C Concentrated Serum ($16.02 at Amazon, $19.99 at Ulta, and $24.50 at the Derma E website). 

I was a die-hard Ole Henriksen Truth Serum ($52) fan before I discovered this amazing product, and this is my new holy grail vitamin C serum! 

Not only did I see the same brightening effect with the Derma E serum, but I felt a lot more hydrated since Hyaluronate Acid was a lot higher on the ingredient list. I also liked that there are no added dyes in the Derma E version, and I found the added color in the Truth Serum very off-putting. 

Of course, I'm also happy to support a vegan, cruelty-free, and made in the USA brand, so I'm happy I ended up trying out some of the Derma E products. The ingredients are not 100% identical, but the results are the same for my skin.


>>Product Comparison<<

Ole Henriksen:

  • True-C Complex: Formulated to help brighten the skin and fight visible signs of aging with stabilized vitamin C derivates and antioxidants
  • Collagen: Helps improve skin's youthful-looking elasticity
  • Orange and Green Tea Extracts: Help nourish the skin
  • Aloe Juice: Helps soften and condition skin
  • $52/oz
Water, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Fragrance, Yellow 6

Derma E:
  • Vitamin C (Stay-C® 50)
  • Hyaluronic Acid (Actimoist® Bio-1)
  • Vitamin E
  • Aloe Vera
  • Green Tea
  • Provitamin B5
  • Probiotic
  • Rosehip Oil
  • As low as $8.01/oz
Purified Water, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C, Stay-C® 50), Glycerin (Vegetable Derived), Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid; Actimoist® Bio-1), Organic Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract*, Propanediol (Vegetable Derived), Microcrystalline Cellulose (Plant Derived), Cellulose Gum (Plant Derived), Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide (Vegetable Derived), Polymnia Sonchifolia (Yacón) Root Juice, Maltodextrin, Lactobacillus (Probiotic), Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Fruit Oil, Organic Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Gel Extract *, Allantoin, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Plant Derived), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylgylcerin, Natural Fragrance Oils

I really enjoyed the Derma E Vitamin C Concentrated Serum as much as I loved the Ole Henriksen Truth Serum. I highly recommend trying this product out for yourself, especially if you are looking for a dupe for Ole Henriksen.


>>Before You Go<<

I hope you enjoyed this post! If you are looking for more dupes, check out the Skincare Dupes Series tab at the top of this page.

If you have any questions or concerns, please leave them in the comments section. I would also love to hear from you if you have tried any of these products!

I now post three times a week, plus some bonus posts. If you don't want to miss any of my posts, enter your email below to receive my weekly newsletter:

Enter your email address:


You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.



XO

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for this! I just ordered! I had received the Ole Henriksen Truth Serum in the Sephora Play sample box and it seemed to help my skin so much, but it's so expensive for just a little bit (and a little bit doesn't go a long way, either), so I'm hoping this will be my new alternative :)

Miriam said...

I'm so happy that you decided to order the dupe! Please keep me updated on how it works for you. I have a few other affordable Vitamin C serums that I can recommend if you want to try out some new products =)

Susan said...

I'm gonna check this out. Thanks for the post!

Miriam said...

Thank you for stopping by! Let me know if you end up trying it ❤️

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...