Today I'm going to be sharing my first impressions for the Formula 10.0.6 Keep Your Cool Skin-Calming Gel Mask. I purchased this mask because I was looking for an alternative to the Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know that I absolutely love Peter Thomas Roth skincare. However, I can't justify the price tag for this mask. It is a very nice cucumber mask, but I feel that it's not unique. I honestly think that this Formula 10.0.6 mask will be a great alternative.
Claims:
- Reduce the appearance of breakouts- I assume because it calms redness
- Cooling gel made with cucumber and coconut
- Gentle enough to use daily and even overnight
Ingredients (taken from Ulta):
Water/Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Glycerin, Polyurethane-34, Isohexadecane, Pullulan, Phenoxyethanol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Extract, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Fragrance, Laureth-7, Blue 1. R09-14
I used this mask once according to the directions on the tube. I applied a thin layer and let it dry on my skin. I don't time masks that have to dry, I always find that the time really depends on how thick/thin you apply the mask. The mask was not clear and it didn't have a gel-like consistency. The mask looked milky and was very runny. It smelled like gushers, so if you are sensitive to fragrence skip this mask. I happen to love the scent, and it didn't irritate my skin at all. I applied a thin layer, and it dried pretty well. I didn't have a hard time removing the mask with water.
When I removed the mask, I did notice a huge difference in my redness. I had spent the day in the sun, and this mask definitely helped soothe my skin. I also noticed that my skin was extremely soft. I felt that I had the same immediate results as the PTR mask. I don't use the PTR consistently enough to claim that it has any long term benefits. For a calming cucumber mask, this mask is great. I definitely recommend this cheaper mask over the PTR mask if you aren't sensitive to fragrence.
I hope you enjoyed this first impressions review.
If you want me to go over a specific skincare/beauty topic, please leave a comment below or privately email me.
Please support this blog by entering your email and subscribing!


No comments:
Post a Comment