I am the first to admit that I am no K-Beauty expert, but I definitely do appreciate the benefits of using Korean skincare products. From sheet masks to essence, K-Beauty has taught the US a thing or two about proper skincare.
It's not even about proper skincare though, K-Beauty has brought ritual and self-care to our skincare routines. In my opinion, this is so important for both women and men. We run around all day, whether we are working or watching our children, and it's easy to forget to take care of ourselves. Having an extensive skincare routine has helped me slow down and focus on myself at least twice a day. This has boosted my self-esteem and I am overall much happier.
As a complete newb when it comes to Asian Beauty skincare, I decided to start my journey by visiting a local K-Beauty shop. One of the best perks about living in NYC, is that we have so many K-Beauty shops to choose from. I decided to visit Besfren Beauty on 5th ave because they had some great reviews.
I was a little intimidated when I entered the tiny store. I was the only customer, and I was immediately greeted by two smiling sales people-male and female. They seemed really nice, but I wasn't wearing any makeup and I silently wondered if they were judging my aging skin. They asked me if I needed help, and I responded that I was just going to look around.
It's not even about proper skincare though, K-Beauty has brought ritual and self-care to our skincare routines. In my opinion, this is so important for both women and men. We run around all day, whether we are working or watching our children, and it's easy to forget to take care of ourselves. Having an extensive skincare routine has helped me slow down and focus on myself at least twice a day. This has boosted my self-esteem and I am overall much happier.
As a complete newb when it comes to Asian Beauty skincare, I decided to start my journey by visiting a local K-Beauty shop. One of the best perks about living in NYC, is that we have so many K-Beauty shops to choose from. I decided to visit Besfren Beauty on 5th ave because they had some great reviews.
I was a little intimidated when I entered the tiny store. I was the only customer, and I was immediately greeted by two smiling sales people-male and female. They seemed really nice, but I wasn't wearing any makeup and I silently wondered if they were judging my aging skin. They asked me if I needed help, and I responded that I was just going to look around.
I was immediately drawn to their amazing wall of masks (partially shown above). I saw a great selection of all my favorite brands and a few brands that I was really eager to try. I picked out three masks and moved to another section with a variety of SkinFood products. I have been wanting to try their Rice Wash Off Mask, so I picked that up too. Now I was holding quite a few items as well as my purse, and products started slipping from my fingers.
The salesman ran over to help me and handed me a cute little basket to hold my selections. I kindly thanked him and turned back to my shopping. The kind man must have noticed the products I picked up because he took two of the masks from my hands and pointed me towards a section that I missed right in front of the store.
Apparently, two of the masks I had picked up were on sale when you bought them by the box! Feeling a little more comfortable, I asked him which masks would work best for my skin. He picked up a box of the Papa Recipe Bombee Whitening Honey Sheet Mask and the Elensilia IntraCell Escargot Revitalizing Mask. I looked at both boxes and saw that they were exactly what I needed.
I then went over to the section with Secret Key products as I've heard so many great things about the Starting Treatment Essence, and I really wanted to try it. Before adding the FTE (first treatment essence) to my basket, I asked the guy if he recommended it for my skin. He looked so happy that I asked his opinion, and immediately came over with a female colleague to talk to me.
They told me that it was a great FTE, but if I wanted to try something truly amazing, I had to get the Son and Park Beauty Water. I've never heard of the Beauty Water, but it was on sale for the same price as the FTE, so I decided to listen to their advice. Believe me when I tell you that this was the first time that I've ever heard of the Beauty Water. I picked it up simply because this sales team recommended it to me!
Once I felt that I had spent enough money, I brought my basket of products to the register. They asked me if I wanted to open a rewards account, and helped me fill out the necessary forms. I ended up spending $75 on K-Beauty products, and I was actually excited about everything I purchased.
I was really impressed with Besfren Beauty. They had an amazing sales team that really tried to help me find products that would work for my skin. Once we started talking, I didn't feel judged by them in any way, and I actually look forward to going back when I need more K-Beauty products. They carried the best of almost every K-Beauty brand that I've heard of, and some that have never been mentioned on some of the famous K-Beauty podcasts/blogs that I follow.
I highly recommend checking this store out if you live in NYC or plan on visiting our amazing city in the future! You don't have to be a K-Beauty expert to find some great skincare products to try out. The only issue I have with this store is that they do not allow returns. This makes sense for small shops but just beware of this policy before purchasing anything from this shop.
I hope you enjoyed this Skincare Chat!
If you want me to go over a specific skincare/beauty topic, please leave a comment below or privately email me.
My favorite K-Beauty websites are BeautyTap (use my code mimwieds15 for 15% off!) and MaskSheets (they have fantastic sheet mask sales).
My favorite K-Beauty websites are BeautyTap (use my code mimwieds15 for 15% off!) and MaskSheets (they have fantastic sheet mask sales).





No comments:
Post a Comment