Hey Beauty Lovers!
Do you ever wonder which products are actually used and loved by beauty bloggers? It's been getting very hard to tell which products are actually used by Instagram beauty influencers. Their pages are artfully curated with beautiful photos of products in luxe packaging. Most of the products have been sent to them for promotion, and they are actually out of the price range for the majority of their followers.
As much as I love to see hundreds of flatlays and shelfies on my home page, most of the photos don't have a caption describing the products. They are beautiful, but not very informative. Are the products being used on a regular basis, or are they just being shown since they are trending? Are they worth the money? Would the beauty blogger purchase the product on their own if it wasn't sent to them by the company?
I also receive products from companies to review on my Instagram page. I do not accept payment in exchange for a review so that I can give my honest opinions. I try to be as informative in my reviews as possible, and I answer questions in my comments section. My monthly beauty favorites and empties posts are a way for me to share which products stand out among all the products I test. My favorites are products that I would buy over and over again, even if they were initially sent to me for free!
Today I'm going to be sharing my favorite beauty products from April. All these products fall under the skincare category since I barely wore any makeup last month. I have an event coming up this weekend so I will include some makeup favorites in my May post.
Let's get right into my April 2019 Beauty Favorites!
- SNP Bird's Nest Aqua Eye Patch*- When I received these in the mail I was a little skeptical. I was using the JayJun Cosmetic Roselle Eye Patches, and I honestly didn't think that the SNP patches could be as effective. I've heard of Bird's Nest being used for anti-aging, but I've never actually tried ant Bird's Nest products. After I finished the JayJun patches, I started to use these from SNP. I have to tell you that I'm actually really impressed with these patches! They come with a lot of essence, the shape is perfect for my under-eye area, they feel cool on the skin, and they are helping my fine lines stay almost invisible. I think that these patches are my new holy grail eye treatment! I am almost finished with the pack so I will be giving you an update in my empties post!
- Bellflower Coconut Hydrating Serum*- I was experiencing a little bit of FOMO when I saw all the beautiful Instagram posts featuring the Bellflower serums. Thankfully, I was given the opportunity to try out the Coconut hydrating version, but in all honesty, I was about to purchase the serum myself. The serum costs $20 on the Bellflower website, and it is a huge bottle! I have been using it twice a day for the past two months, and I only used half the bottle! The serum itself is a lot thinner than most of the serums I've used in the past. It comes in a dropper bottle, so it is really easy to get the right amount of product into your hands. So far, my skin has been feeling very soft and hydrated. I really love this serum, but I will probably try another Bellflower serum next.
- COSRX Centella Water Alcohol-Free Toner- Let me start by saying that I am obsessed with COSRX. Their products are very effective and they are affordable. They use fantastic ingredients, and they try to keep the ingredients list short. I decided to pick up the Centella Water toner to use as a layering toner in my routine. Since the toner is formulated with mineral water and Centella Asiatica, I knew that it would be a hydrating and soothing toner. It is important to pick an alcohol-free hydrating toner for layering. If you are still looking for the perfect toner, I highly recommend this one. It is a toner that I will be repurchasing, although that might be in a while. I have been using three layers of the toner twice a day, and I only used a quarter of the bottle in two months! If you haven't read my full review yet, check out the Skincare Reviews Series tab at the top of this page.
- Secret Key Starting Treatment Essence- Once I tried the SKII First Treatment Essence, I knew that I had to find a dupe. It completely transformed my skin, but the price is insane! Thankfully, I found raving reviews about this essence. Most reviews even compared it to the SKII treatment! I knew that I had to try it. After two months, I can now honestly say that the hype is real! This essence gives me the exact same results as the SKII version at a fraction of the price. Why would anyone spend so much money on an essence when this one achieves the same effect? I already purchased a backup! If you haven't read my full review yet, check out the Skincare Reviews Series tab at the top of this page.
I hope this post was helpful! If you like reading about my monthly favorites, you can find more posts in the Beauty Favorites Series tab at the top of the page.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please leave them in the comments below. I would also love to hear from you if you have tried any of these products.
Don't miss any of my posts, enter your email here to receive my weekly newsletter. You can also find this form by clicking the Subscribe option from the drop-down list at the top of this page. By signing up, you will opt-in to receive a maximum of one email a week with links to my latest blog posts.
You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.
Check out my latest Instagram post here:
XO


No comments:
Post a Comment