Hey Beauty Lovers!
I have had the craziest two weeks! I am really falling behind with all my reviews, and I am desperate to get back on track. I am back at work, so I have very little free time at the moment.
As a scientist, I have a lot of waiting time during the day, so I will try to get my reviews done while my experiments are running.
Now onto my review for the day!
As part of my daily routine, I like to use an exfoliating toner as a first step after cleansing my skin. I do this for both my AM and PM routines, but I usually use different toners for each routine. I choose to use an exfoliating toner daily instead of using a physical scrub because it is a lot more gentle on my skin.
Keeping your skin exfoliated is extremely important for glowing skin. There are two ways to exfoliate: physical exfoliation and chemical exfoliation.
Physical exfoliation is very satisfying. You can actually feel your skin being scrubbed clean. However, it is very easy to over-exfoliate your skin and disrupt your skin barrier. I like to use a facial brush for physical exfoliation once a week.
Chemical exfoliation can be a lot more gentle for the skin, but it is still possible to over-exfoliate with chemicals. Popular chemical exfoliators include products with BHAs and AHAs. These acids work by loosening up the dead layer of skin and promoting cell turnover. Over time, this will help your skin look bright, clear, and youthful. It is important to pick the right chemical exfoliators for your needs.
Deep chemical treatments can be done at home or with a professional, depending on the acids used. I use an at-home 30% Glycolic Peeling solution once a month to help keep my skin clear and prevent wrinkles. On days that I am using a peeling solution, I omit any other BHAs or AHAs in my skincare routines.
Daily chemical exfoliation can be done with products containing lower concentrations of BHAs and AHAs. These are safe to use, but make sure not to layer too many of these products in one routine. I like to use an exfoliating toner as part of my daily routine, and I avoid using BHAs and AHAs in my other skincare products.
This brings me to my current exfoliating toner, the Coxir Green Tea BHA Clear Toner. I was fortunate enough to have been sent this toner by the brand, but I will always give an honest review. I do not accept money in exchange for reviews, I only accept PR.
Product Claims:
- Exfoliating
- Clarifying
- Soothing
- For all skin types
- Safe for Sensitive skin
Featured Ingredients:
- Green Tea Extract- a great anti-oxidant
- BHA (Betaine Salicylic Acid)- exfoliates the skin and helps with sebum control
- Snail Mucin- improves the skin barrier and helps moisturize the skin
Ingredients:
Water, Butylene glycol, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Betaine Salicylate, Arginine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Honey, Rosa Multiflora Fruit Extract, Gardenia Florida Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Ligustrum Japonicum Fruit Extract, Acanthopanax Senticosus (Eleuthero) Root Extract, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Flower Extract, Betaine, Allantoin, Leontopodium alpinum extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Snail Secretion Filtrate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum
Recommended Usage:
Apply to the face and neck after cleansing.
How I Use This Toner:
I apply the Green Tea BHA Toner after cleansing and wash off masks in the PM. Since it doesn't specify whether to use a cotton pad or your hands, I apply this toner with a cotton pad. I generally like to apply exfoliating toners with a cotton pad so that I don't dry out my hands.
My Experience:
I have been using this toner every PM for the last month. So far, I am really impressed! I love the way my skin feels after toning. Instead of leaving my skin tight, this toner provides a slippery feeling that helps my skin maintain some moisture. This is likely due to the snail mucin, but I'm not 100% sure. I have been experiencing breakouts less frequently since adding this toner, and my pores feel very clear.
I really do think that this toner is gentle enough for sensitive skin, but I feel like it may be too much for oily skin types (due to the snail mucin). If snail mucin makes you break out, I would definitely avoid this product.
Overall, I highly recommend this toner! It really lives up to its claims, and my skin has been loving the formulation.
I hope this review was helpful! If you have any questions or suggestions, please leave them in the comments below. I would also love to hear from you if you tried this toner!
Don't miss any of my posts, enter your email here to receive my weekly newsletter. You can also find this form by clicking the Subscribe option from the drop-down list at the top of this page. By signing up, you will opt-in to receive a maximum of one email a week with links to my latest blog posts.
You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.
Check out my latest Instagram post here:
You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.
Check out my latest Instagram post here:
XO


No comments:
Post a Comment