Hey Beauty Lovers!
I decided to start a monthly Makeup Shop My Stash series on my blog. I'm not sure if it will be interesting, so let me know in the comments section if you want to see this post every month!
The way I organize this post will evolve over time, but I will start with a basic overview of my makeup picks for each week.
What is a Makeup Shop My Stash post?
Every Sunday, I go through my entire makeup collection, and I set aside the makeup products I will be using for the rest of the week. Doing this helps me use up the makeup I already purchased, reminds me of all the fantastic products I've hoarded over the years, and forces me to acknowledge that I don't need to be buying any more makeup!
If this sounds interesting to you, please subscribe to my blog by entering your email into the prompt found in the sidebar. By subscribing to my blog, you will receive a weekly newsletter every Monday with all kinds of information, personal and blog related!
Before we begin with my makeup picks, I have to say the following:
Disclaimer!!! I use affiliate links in my blog posts. By using one of my affiliate links, I receive a few dollars. This helps support the blog since I do not accept money for product reviews. I never use affiliate links for products that I don't actually recommend. If you feel uncomfortable using affiliate links, please don't feel obligated to click on anything in this blog. You will also see that quite a few products have been sent to me for free. As a beauty blogger, I receive many products each month. I test out each product before giving an honest review. I am not required to include them in any posts, so if you see them show up, I actually like the products.
Now that I got my disclaimer out of the way, let's get to the good stuff!
Week 1:
I actually had a lot of fun with my makeup during week one. I honestly think that it had to do with the red liquid lipstick I chose (check out the selfie at the beginning of this post).
I picked a lot of my current makeup favorites for my first Shop My Stash week. Some of the products are new, and some are quite old!
I have been really loving the Kosas cream blush duo and tinted face oil foundation. They give my skin a natural-looking glow and feel so lightweight! I am so thankful that Kosas sent them to me!
Here is a photo of the products with the lids open:
Products Shown:
- Wet n Wild Color Icon 10 Pan Shadow in the shade Rose in the Air
- Kosas Color & Light: Crème Cream Blush & Highlighter Duo in the shade Tropic Equinox*
- Tarte Make Believe In Yourself Eye and Cheek Palette (btw this is on major sale at the moment!)
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara*
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- Kosas Tinted Face Oil Foundation in the shade 04*
- Becca Backlight Priming Filter Face Primer
- Essence Metal Shock Eyeshadow in the shade Total Eclipse
- IT Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Brow Pencil in the shade Universal Taupe*
- Too Faced Primed & Poreless Pressed Powder (the one shown is the old packaging!)
- LaPalette Silky Tension Cover Pact Golden Night in the shade 23
- Nyx Cosmetics Lip Liner in the shade Plush Red
- Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Liquified Lipstick in the shade Flambe
Week 2:
I only switched out a few products for the second week of November. I wanted to create a brown smokey eye, so I pulled out my Urban Decay Moondust palette. There has been a lot of hate for this palette in the beauty community, but I think it is due to its lack of pigmentation under heavy lighting. Beauty YouTubers and Instagram Influencers forget that their makeup looks heavy and "caked-on" in real life. The Moondust palette is perfect for natural lighting!
That being said, I do recommend applying the Moondust palette shadows with a finger. I also suggest using a dark base under the shimmer shadow. For example: when I use the brown shimmer, I apply it in patting motions over a dark brown matte shadow.
Now let's take a peek inside!
Products Shown:
- Wet n Wild Color Icon 10 Pan Shadow in the shade Rose in the Air
- Kosas Color & Light: Crème Cream Blush & Highlighter Duo in the shade Tropic Equinox*
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara*
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- Kosas Tinted Face Oil Foundation in the shade 04*
- Becca Backlight Priming Filter Face Primer
- IT Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Brow Pencil in the shade Universal Taupe*
- Too Faced Primed & Poreless Pressed Powder (the one shown is the old packaging!)
- Wet n Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Metallic Eyeshadow in the shade Cashmere Love
- Nourish Naturals Cocoa Glaze in the shade Trance* (this came in the Nourish Beauty September Box*)
- IT Cosmetics Celebration Foundation in the shade Medium*
Week 3:
I am seriously obsessed with the eyeshadow palette for week 3. I received the palette in a PR box, and I am so happy with it! If you were ever searching for a fantastic natural makeup company, check out Seraphine Botanicals. Their eyeshadow palette is beautiful and pigmented! The blushes are the perfect color, and they last all day for me (with no setting spray).
I changed out quite a few of the products in week 3, but there are many repeats as well. I was having a redness issue, so I used the Kosas foundation, LaPalette cushion, and IT Cosmetics compact layered in that order. It may sound like I caked-on a ton of foundation, but each layer was very lightweight. It didn't even feel like I was wearing makeup!
Let's take a look inside the palette!
Products Shown:
- Kosas Color & Light: Crème Cream Blush & Highlighter Duo in the shade Tropic Equinox*
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara*
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- Kosas Tinted Face Oil Foundation in the shade 04*
- Essence Metal Shock Eyeshadow in the shade Total Eclipse
- Too Faced Primed & Poreless Pressed Powder (the one shown is the old packaging!)
- LaPalette Silky Tension Cover Pact Golden Night in the shade 23
- IT Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Brow Pencil in the shade Universal Taupe*
- Nourish Naturals Cocoa Glaze in the shade Trance* (this came in the Nourish Beauty September Box*)
- IT Cosmetics Celebration Foundation in the shade Medium*
- Becca First Light Priming Filter Face Primer
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Matte Gel Crayon in the shade Earth(quake)*
- Seraphine Botanicals Sakura + Sage Vegan Eyeshadow & Blush Palette* (this came in the Nourish Beauty October Box*)
- Seraphine Botanicals Luna Liner* (this came in the Nourish Beauty September Box*)
- Nyx Cosmetics Lip Liner
- Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Liquified Lipstick
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Velvet Primer Epic Lash Primer*
Week 4:
I haven't used the Urban Decay Naked3 palette in such a long time! The shadows have definitely gotten a little stale sitting in my makeup drawer, but they looked beautiful on my eyes. I didn't have anywhere to go the last week of October, so I kept my makeup pretty light. I didn't even use a face primer!
The Zoja Beauty Girl Boss Multitasker* can be used on the lips and cheeks, but I used it for my lips in week 4. If you really enjoy multiuse products, I highly recommend these sticks!
Let's check out that Naked3 palette!
Products Shown:
- Kosas Color & Light: Crème Cream Blush & Highlighter Duo in the shade Tropic Equinox*
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara*
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Matte Gel Crayon in the shade Earth(quake)*
- Too Faced Primed & Poreless Pressed Powder (the one shown is the old packaging!)
- LaPalette Silky Tension Cover Pact Golden Night in the shade 23
- IT Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Brow Pencil in the shade Universal Taupe*
- Zoja Beauty Girl Boss Multitasker in the shade Peace*
I hope you enjoyed this post! I plan to turn this into a monthly series, so I would appreciate any feedback. Please let me know if you liked the format, you want to see more product details or anything else you want me to add!
If you have any questions or suggestions, please leave them in the comments section down below. I would also love to hear about your experiences with any of these products!
You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.
Check out my latest Instagram post here:
*PR/Gifted










No comments:
Post a Comment