Friday, February 21, 2020

Huangjisoo Skincare Pads Review

>> Huangjisoo Natural Skincare <<

The natural skincare movement is not just happening in the US, there even are K-Beauty brands founded around the principles of natural beauty!

So, what is natural skincare?

Natural skincare can honestly mean anything. In most cases, it is just a marketing term used to trick consumers into buying ordinary products. Since the term "natural" is unregulated, companies can claim that their ingredients are natural without any oversight.

If you are truly interested in purchasing only naturally derived skincare products, you must research each company and ingredients list thoroughly. Thankfully, we live in the age of the internet, so doing a little research on products is no big deal.

Huangjisoo is a Korean brand that I have purchased from in the past. They claim to be a natural and organic skincare company, and so far they are the real deal. They offer quite a few skincare products at the moment, including sheet masks (review coming soon) and amazing foaming face washes.

Huangjisoo skincare was originally created to treat skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema, so they choose their ingredients very carefully. That's not to say that you shouldn't take a close look at each ingredient list. In fact, I highly encourage you to input each list into Skincarisma like I do.

I am overall very impressed with Huangjisoo products, so I was excited to receive their new skincare pads from Sophie's Beauty Box this past Christmas*.


>> Huagjisoo Skincare Pads <<

In the Huangjisoo Happy Box, I received the full-sized Mugwort Rescue Soothing Pads, the full-sized Sugar No:rinse Cleansing Pads, the full-sized Sakura Peeling Radiance Pads, a travel-sized Pure Perfect Cleansing Oil, and a travel-sized Pure Daily Foaming Cleanser :: Moisturizing.

I thought that the packaging was super cute, and I loved that the travel-sized cleansers were included in the box. I am a huge fan of double cleansing, so the cleansing set was perfect.

The new skincare pads were designed to be used as part of a full skincare routine. There is a cleansing pad, moisturizing pad, and peeling pad. These are quick and easy skincare steps that I love to use when I'm in a rush.


The Mugwort Rescue Soothing Pads ($25 for 60) are so hydrating! These pads are formulated with Sea Mugwort, Cica, and plenty of natural extracts to help moisturize and soothe irritated skin. There are 60 pads in a jar, and you are supposed to use these pads twice a day. Honestly, I only use these pads when my skin needs some extra TLC. Daily use is definitely an overkill if you don't have any skin issues that require extra soothing ingredients.

I am obsessed with the alpaca drawings on the jar. It makes ingredients like mugwort sound a lot cuter! Seriously though, I love products with Mugwort and Cica, so these were definitely a win for me. The nature-inspired scent was also very appealing, but I know some people hate fragrance in their skincare.

Skincarisma Ingredients Analysis:

  • Skin Brightening
  • Anti-Acne
  • Wound Healing
  • Paraben-, Sulfate-, Alcohol-, Silicone-, and EU Allergen-Free
  • Fungal Acne Safe
  • Great for dry and sensitive skin
  • 84% Low EWG rating
  • Contains fragrance

Full Ingredients List:
Water, Artemisia Vulgaris Extract, Phaseolus Radiatus Seed Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Glycerin, Diospyros Kaki Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Allium Sativum (Garlic) Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Lycium Chinense Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract, Morus Alba (White Mulberry) Leaf Extract, Cetearyl Glucoside, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Magnolia Kobus Bark Extract, Plantago Asiatica Extract, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Sodium cocoyl apple amino acids, Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract, Xanthangum, Beta-Glucan, Hydrolyzed Extensin, Parfum


The Sugar No:rinse Cleansing Pads ($25 for 60) are great for when you don't have access to water, or you are just too tired to get to the sink in the PM. These pads are formulated with Micellar Water, Sugar, and Lactobacillus Ferment Filtrate.

There is a lot of debate around micellar water. Some people believe you need to rinse off micellar water, others think that it can be used without rinsing. Honestly, I always recommend rinsing off micellar water, but I don't think there is anything wrong with leaving micellar water on once in a while.

I like to use these pads when I am just too tired to wash my face properly, but I don't think I would use them daily. I have used them a few times, and I can definitely see a brightening effect every time. The pads smell like sugary goodness, so that's a plus! I also like that they included Lactobacillus Ferment Filtrate to help with skin texture and elasticity.

Again, the drawings on the jar are adorable!

Skincarisma Ingredients Analysis:

  • Skin Brightening
  • Anti-Acne
  • Anti-Aging
  • Wound Healing
  • Paraben-, Sulfate-, Alcohol-, Silicone-, and EU Allergen-Free
  • Not safe for Fungal Acne
  • Great for dry and sensitive skin
  • 85% Low EWG rating
  • Contains Fragrance

Full Ingredients List:
Aqua(Water), Saccharum Officinarum (Sugarcane) Extract, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Vigna Radiata Seed Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Diospyros Kaki Leaf Extract, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic acid Copolymer, 1,2-Hexanediol, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Tremella Fuciformis (Mushroom) Extract, Arachidyl Glucoside, Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate, Allium Sativum (Garlic) Extract, Lycium Chinense Fruit Extract, Niacinamide, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract, Lactobacillus Ferment Filtrate, Morus Alba (White Mulberry) Leaf Extract, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, PropyleneGlycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Magnolia Kobus Bark Extract, Plantago Asiatica Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract, Houttuynia Cordata (Tsi) Extract, Taraxacum Officinale (Dandelion) Extract, Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba (Maidenhair Tree) Leaf Extract, Portulaca Oleracea (Green Purslane) Extract, Citric Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum


The Sakura Peeling Radiance Pads ($25 for 60) are my favorites so far. I love that this peeling pad includes a PHA instead of an AHA. I find that PHA is a lot more gentle on the skin and it can be used daily. These pads are also formulated with Cherry Blossom Extract to remove dullness and Echinacea Extract to strengthen the skin barrier.

These pads are safe to use twice a day, but I like to use them only in the PM. I use other exfoliating products in the AM, so I don't want to over-exfoliate my skin. If you do use them twice a day, the jar will last you a full month!

These pads have really smoothed out my skin, and they didn't irritate me at all. I love the sweet scent, and they are a treat to use! The cherry blossom tree drawings on the jar make them so cute to display!

Skincarisma Ingredients Analysis:

  • Skin Brightening
  • Anti-Acne
  • Anti-Aging
  • Paraben-, Sulfate-, Alcohol-, Silicone-, and EU Allergen-Free
  • Fungal Acne Safe
  • Great for dry and sensitive skin
  • 91% Low EWG rating
  • Contains Fragrance

Full Ingredients List:
Aqua(Water), Prunus Serrulata Flower Extract, Cetearyl Glucoside, Allium Sativum (Garlic) Extract, Echinacea Angustifolia (Coneflower) Extract, Glycerin, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic acid Copolymer, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Camellia Japonica Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract, Portulaca Oleracea (Green Purslane) Extract, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Extract, Arginine, Beta-Glucan, Lithospermum Erythrorhizon Root Extract, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, PropyleneGlycol, Schizandra Chinensis Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis (Baikal Skullcap) Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Cinnamomum Cassia Bark Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Iris Florentina Root Extract, Acanthopanax Senticosus (Eleuthero Ginseng) Root Extract, Glucono Delta Lactone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citric Acid, Parfum


The Pure Perfect Cleansing Oil ($32 for the full size) is a little difficult to use in the travel bottle. Since the full-sized version comes with a pump, I don't think it will be an issue. However, I don't use it very much due to the packaging. It's such a shame because I think the oil works really well. This cleansing oil is formulated with Calendula Oil which is in my favorite cleansing oil by iUNIK.

I really appreciate the minimal ingredients list, but for a cleansing oil, it is a little too expensive. There are so many affordable cleansing oils that work just as well, so I would say to skip this unless you find it on sale.

Skincarisma Ingredients Analysis:

  • Paraben-, Sulfate-, Alcohol-, Silicone-, and EU Allergen-Free
  • Not safe for Fungal Acne
  • Minimal Ingredients List
  • Great for Dry Skin
  • 80% Low EWG rating

Full Ingredients List:
Prunus Armeniaca kernel oil, Simmondsia Chinensis seed oil, Olea Europaea (olive oil), Sorbeth-30 tetralate, Camellia Sinensis seed oil, Macadamia Ternifolia seed oil, polyglyceryl- 10 Caprylate / Tocopherol, Oenothera Biennis Oil, Calendula Officinalis Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter orange) Leaf / Twig Oil


The Pure Daily Foaming Cleanser :: Moisturizing ($25 for the full size) is amazing. First of all, it has an amazing scent. Second, this cleanser foams right out of the bottle. Third, the Moisturizing version is very hydrating. Finally, it doesn't leave a film on my skin. I love the packaging and I think it is reasonably priced. I recommend getting this cleanser, but I also think you should check out the other versions!

Skincarisma Ingredients Analysis:
  • Wound Healing
  • Anti-Aging
  • Skin Brightening
  • Paraben-, Sulfate-, Alcohol-, Silicone-, EU Allergen-Free
  • Fungal Acne Safe
  • Great for dry, oily, acne-prone, and sensitive skin
  • 89% Low EWG rating

Full Ingredients List:
Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids, Water, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Laminaria Japonica Extract, Polygonum Multiflorum (He Shou Wu) Root Extract, Angelica Gigas Root Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Trehalose, Rubus Coreanus Fruit Extract, Cinnamonum Cassia Bark Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Morus Alba (White Mulberry) Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Glycerin, Iris Florentina Root Extract, Lycium Chinense Fruit Extract, Yeast Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Seed Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis (Baikal Skullcap) Root Extract, Equisetum Giganteum Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cimicifuga Dahurica Root Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Beta-Glucan, Acacia Concinna Fruit Extract, Allantoin, Ceramide, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Cupressus Sempervirens Oil, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Leaf Oil, Origanum Majorana Leaf Oil, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil


>> Final Thoughts <<

So, what do you need from this collection?

Need is a pretty strong word.

I think that all of the pads are nice to have, and the cleanser is fantastic. The only product I wouldn't recommend is the cleansing oil, but that is simply due to the price.

I will be reviewing the Huangjisoo sheet masks next month, so check back here soon!

>> Before You Go <<

I hope you enjoyed this review! If you are interested in more content like this, check out the Skincare Reviews Series tab at the top of this page.

If you have any questions or concerns, please leave them in the comments section. I would also love to hear from you if you have tried any of these products!

Don't miss any of my posts, enter your email here to receive my weekly newsletter. You can also find this form by clicking the Subscribe option from the drop-down list at the top of this page. By signing up, you will opt-in to receive a maximum of one email a week with links to my latest blog posts.

You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.

Check out my latest Instagram post here:


XO
*These products were kindly gifted, all opinions are my own.

2 comments:

cate8 said...

The Sakura Radiance Pads are going to be in my IPSY bag this month and they sound fantastic. Would you purchase them again? Catherine

Miriam said...

Hi Catherine! I'm so sorry that it took me so long to respond. I absolutely love the Sakura Radiance Pads! I would 100% get these again, they are so gentle. I'm so happy that you are getting to try these pads, I hope you love them as much as I do. If you do love these pads and you can't find them online, I recommend checking out the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads. They don't have the same ingredients, but they work very similarly. Please keep me updated on your thoughts about the Sakura Pads!
-Miriam

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...