Wednesday, June 17, 2020

May 2020 Skincare Routines Update

Hi There!

I am so happy that you found my blog, and I hope you stick around.

This is an old Skincare Routine Update post.

You should read my latest Skincare Routine Update instead.

Even better, sign up for my weekly newsletter so you don't miss any of my new content!

XO

Miriam

>>May Skincare Goals<<

With the changing weather, my skin goals for May were the following:
  1. Only cleanse with water once a day
  2. Keep my daily moisturizer lightweight
  3. Keep my skin clear and bright
  4. Use anti-aging products
  5. Sunscreen daily!
Now let's get right into my routines...

>>May AM Skincare Routine<<


1. Cleansing Water- I started using a cleansing water in place of an actual cleanser in the AM, and my skin has been loving it! I apply the Heimish Refresh Water with a cotton round and I pat the remaining water into my skin with my hands. This step helps me remove any skincare products that I applied the night before and any dirt that accumulated overnight. 

2. Toner- Although the Refresh Water is technically also a toner, I like to use the Good Medicine Breeze Revival Mist* to help prep my skin for the rest of my skincare. I usually apply two sprays of this toner with my hands, and I pat in the product well. Since including this toner in my routine, I have noticed a major reduction in redness.

3. Vitamin C- Of course, I need some Vitamin C in my routine. In May, I used the Wyldflower Labs Apricot-C Toner* mist. I apply two pumps of this 11% Vitamin C toner with my hands, and I press the product into my skin well. I am super impressed with how bright my skin has gotten since using this toner!

4. Hydrating Toner- This is my favorite step in the AM! I like to apply 2 layers of the Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Toner twice a day, and it has really improved the hydration level of my skin. I actually just repurchased this toner because I love it so much!

5. Niacinamide Serum- Niacinamide is one of my skincare secrets. If you are looking for clear, poreless skin, you need to try the Joyal Beauty Vitamin B3 B5 Serum*. I am always happy to find great skincare products made in the US, and this serum is fantastic. I will be writing my full review for this product next month, so follow me on Twitter to get an update.

6. Eye Serum- If you are in your late 20's or early 30's, you need to start using Retinol to help prevent early signs of aging. My favorite eye product with Retinol right now is the Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Eye Serum*. You can find my review of the Murad Retinol Youth Renewal line here.

7. Moisturizer- These days I love using a lightweight moisturizer in the AM. The COSRX AC Collection Lightweight Soothing Moisturizer* feels so cooling on the skin, plus it's formulated with BHA to help keep skin clear and smooth. You can read my review of the COSRX AC Collection line here.

8. Sunscreen- If you have been reading my skincare routines update posts for the last year or so, you already know that the Australian Gold Tinted Botanical Sunscreen is my Holy Grail sunscreen. This sunscreen has become a staple in my house, and my whole family now uses it daily! Spoiler alert: I switched sunscreens this month, so follow me on Twitter to be notified about my June 2020 Skincare Routines Update post next month.

>>May PM Skincare Routine<<


1. Oil Cleanser- Double cleansing is essential for healthy skin if you wear makeup or sunscreen, and you should be wearing sunscreen daily, even when indoors. The first step of a double cleanse is an oil cleanser. This may sound a little gross, but these oil cleansers have been specially formulated to rinse off effortlessly. I am currently using the Manyo Factory Pure Cleansing Oil*. It's an effective oil cleanser, but it's a little thick for my liking. I think that drier skin types will like this one more than I do, but it's really not a bad cleanser. 

2. Cream Cleanser- The second step of the double cleanse is a water-based cleanser. I like to use cream cleansers because they tend to be more hydrating than foaming cleansers. I am currently using the Dewytree Hi Amino All Cleanser*, and I really like it! It completely removes all traces of my oil cleanser, and it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry and tight.

3. Glycolic Acid- Another skincare secret of mine is the daily use of Glycolic Acid. I like to try out different formulations, but I always keep the concentration at 5% or higher. I am currently using the InstaNatural 7% Glycolic AHA Toner*, and it is pretty strong. If you have any broken skin, this stuff will sting! That being said, I really enjoy this toner, and I plan on using it for as long as possible. I apply this toner using a cotton round, and I pat the remaining serum into my skin with my hands. 

4. Toner- As always, I like to layer my toners. I apply the Astis Vitality Elderberry Collagen Deep Hydrating Toner* with my hands, and press the product into my skin. This is called a hydrating toner, but it's not as hydrating as the next toner I apply.

5. Hydrating Toner- I use 2 layers of the Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Toner again in the PM because it makes my skin feel fantastic.

6. Sheet Mask + Eye Patches- I sheet mask daily! To help reduce my waste, I only use individually packaged sheet masks every other day. The other days I use the Dewytree Pick & Quick Moistful Sheet Masks. You can find the individually wrapped sheet masks that I use by clicking the Empties Series tab at the top of this page. I also like to use eye patches under my sheet mask every evening. Contrary to what you see from "skincare influencers" on Instagram, you are not supposed to use eye patches while using a wash-off mask. Washing off the serum left by the eye patches completely defeats the purpose of using them! Do yourself a favor, and find a skincare blogger instead of an influencer. Anyway, the eye patches I used in May were the Petitfee Gold Hydrogel Eye Patches. These come with 30 sets of eye patches, so the jar lasts all month with daily use.

7. Anti-Aging Serum- After a sheet mask, I like to use an anti-aging serum to help prevent any wrinkles. Just FYI, serums alone won't do much for anti-aging. It is so important to keep your skin out of the sun and wear sunscreen every day, including days spent indoors. In May, I used the InstaNatural Anti-Aging Collagen Serum*. This serum is thick, hydrating, and absorbs quickly. It is formulated with Niacinamide, Hyaluronic Acid, and Stem Cells. I think this serum is best suited for aging prevention, not for already wrinkled skin. Either way, it's been working well on my 32-year-old skin so far. 

8. Eye Serum- Again, I use the Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Eye Serum* in the PM to help keep my fine lines from getting deeper. 

9. Moisturizer- In the PM, I enjoy a thicker moisturizer to help keep my skin hydrated throughout the night. In May I used the Bellflower Coconut Daily Moisture Cream*, and it was perfect for my skin. If you have a skin sensitivity to coconut-based products, aka anything with coconut breaks you out, please skin this moisturizer. However, if your skin can tolerate coconut, you are going to love this! It's also really affordable!

10. Facial Oil- Not everyone enjoys sealing in all their skincare with a facial oil, but it's my secret for waking up with flawless skin. Not all oils are made for all skin types, and the Nabila K Matcha Love Serum* has an almond oil base that really agrees with my skin. This oil is also great for mixing with foundation if you have drier skin types, and it can be used before a sheet mask for some extra hydration. You can read my post about Facial Oils here.

>>Final Thoughts<<

These posts tend to get pretty long, so thank you for getting to the end!

I hope my skincare routines help you find some new products to try out for yourself, and maybe I was able to inspire you to invest in your own skincare routine.

Having a consistent routine with amazing ingredients will really transform your skin and you will thank yourself for years to come.

>>Before You Go<<

I hope you enjoyed this post! If you are looking for more content like this, check out the Skincare Routines Series tab at the top of this page. 

If you have any questions or concerns, please leave them in the comments section. I would also love to hear from you if you have tried any of these products!

Don't miss any of my posts, enter your email here to receive my weekly newsletter. You can also find this form by clicking the Subscribe option from the drop-down list at the top of this page. By signing up, you will opt-in to receive a maximum of one email a week with links to my latest blog posts.

You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.

XO

*PR/Gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...