Tuesday, June 19, 2018

This La Mer Dupe Is Less Than $16

This post is brought to you by Skimlinks. The best affiliate platform for bloggers. 


Hey Beauty Lovers!

Yes, you read that title correctly! The Admire My Skin Intense Hydration Collagen Cream* is an amazing dupe for the Creme De La Mer, and it costs less than $16 for 2oz! The La Mer moisturizer costs $315 for the same size, which is not exactly budget friendly. I have seen a few dupe posts for this luxury moisturizer, but those dupes are not made with the Miracle Broth ingredients found in La Mer skincare. Admire My Skin actually includes the Miracle Broth ingredient Sea Kelp Bioferment!

Creme De La Mer Ingredients (taken from La Mer):
Seaweed (Algae) Extract , Mineral Oil\Paraffinum Liquidum\Huile Minerale , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Isohexadecane , Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract , Microcrystalline Wax \Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline , Lanolin Alcohol , Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil , Eucalyptus Globulus (Ecalyptus) Leaf Oil , Magnesium Sulfate , Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed , Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder , Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal , Sodium Gluconate , Potassium Gluconate , Copper Gluconate , Calcium Gluconate , Magnesium Gluconate , Zinc Gluconate , Paraffin , Tocopheryl Succinate , Niacin , Beta-Carotene , Decyl Oleate , Aluminum Distearate , Octyldodecanol , Citric Acid , Cyanocobalamin , Magnesium Stearate , Panthenol , Limonene , Geraniol , Linalool , Hydroxycitronellal , Citronellol , Benzyl Salicylate , Citral , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Alcohol Denat. , Fragrance (Parfum)

La Mer Miracle Broth (taken from La Mer FAQs): 
The highly potent Miracle Broth™ is the heart of CrΓ¨me de la Mer. A blend of sea kelp, calcium, magnesium, potassium, lecithin, iron, Vitamins, C, E and B12, plus oils of citrus, eucalyptus, wheat germ, alfalfa and sunflower go into the broth, but its "miracle" lies in the way these ingredients are combined - a process called biofermentation. This 3-4 month process results in a whole far greater than the sum of its parts, with the power to transform the skin's appearance.

Admire My Skin Intense Hydration Collagen Cream Ingredients (taken from Admire My Skin):
Water, Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sea Kelp (Lactobacillius/Kelp Ferment Filtrate) Bioferment, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Squalane, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitol, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avacado) Oil, Astaxanthin, Fucoxanthin, Porphyridium Polysaccharide, C14-22 Alcohols, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Stearyl Alcohol, Xanthum Gum, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol (and) Sorbic Acid

As you can see, there are a few ingredients that are found in both products. The main feature of the La Mer moisturizer is that it contains Sea Kelp Bioferment, and this dupe has that listed as the third ingredient! If you don't already know, cosmetic companies need to list their ingredients based on their quantity. I really do like this dupe, as it has a lot of great ingredients that La Mer doesn't use in their formulation. I will be writing a full review for the Admire My Skin Moisturizer once I have used it for two months. I will link the full review here.

I honestly wasn't that impressed with the Creme De La Mer. It was a very nice moisturizer, but for $315 I expected some miracles. I was surprised by how much I loved the Admire My Skin version. Spoiler alert! This moisturizer is one of my favorites so far! You will have to wait for my full review to get all the details, so stay tuned!

You can purchase this moisturizer here. Use the code ZSNF-CSF7WU-JMXR77 to get 20% off!

I hope you enjoyed this post! If you like skincare dupe posts, check out the links below:

Some June Skincare Routine Blog Posts you might find interesting:

If you want me to go over a specific skincare/beauty topic, please leave a comment below or privately email me.

Enter your email to receive my weekly newsletter:

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.

I'm loving the #crueltyfree brand #admiremyskin πŸ’§ The Intense Hydration Collagen Cream from @admiremyskin πŸ’™ Formulated with Hyaluronic Acid πŸ’™ hydrolyzed marine collagen πŸ’™ sea kelp bioferment- an ingredient found in luxury skincare πŸ’™ This amazing moisturizer has been keeping my skin so smooth πŸ’™ It comes in an opaque bottle with a pump to keep the ingredients fresh and free from bacteria πŸ’™ You can use this moisturizer in the AM and /or PM, but I have been using it in the AM πŸ’™ I have found that this moisturizer is softening my fine lines and evening out my skin tone πŸ’™ I highly recommend this moisturizer πŸ’™ You can purchase this product at 20% off by using the code ZSNF-CSF7WU-JMXR77 here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XTM1HMB/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdb_t1_7nBgBb4KEPJJ6 πŸ’™ I received this product free to review, all opinions are my own! #skincare #skincarecommunity #beauty #beautycommunity #skincareguru #skincareblogger #beautyguru #beautyblogger #beautifulskin #honestreviews #recommended #recommendedskincare #collagen #dupe #antiaging #clearskin #firmskin #discoverunder10k #discoverunder2k #skincaredupe #sponsored
A post shared by Miriam (@mimwieds) on


XO

*This moisturizer was sent to me for reviewing purposes. All opinions are my own.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thank you i’m wondering about the source of collagen used in the Admire my skin moisturizer, do you know where does it come from?

Miriam said...

Thank you for reading! =)

Miriam said...

I am not sure about the source of hydrolyzed collagen. They don't specify how they selected each ingredient, but I always consider hydrolyzed collagen a moisture sealer rather than a collagen boosting ingredient. No matter how small they they get the collagen, I think that ingesting hydrolyzed collagen promotes collagen production much more efficiently. If you are wondering about the source of collagen because of cruelty-free and vegan reasons, I do know that the Admire My Skin brand is cruelty-free. I do not know if the product is vegan, but I can reach out to the company if that would help =)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...