Sunday, September 9, 2018

September 2018 Skincare Routines Update

Hi There!

I am so happy that you found my blog, and I hope you stick around.

This is an old Skincare Routine Update post.

You should read my latest Skincare Routine Update instead.

Even better, sign up for my weekly newsletter so you don't miss any of my new content!

XO

Miriam


Hey Beauty Lovers!

It's already September! All hail Pumpkin Spiced Latte season! I have been so busy getting my kid ready for school that I have been slacking with my blog posts! I will be getting back into posting regularly this week.

This month, I will be focusing on moisturizing, anti-aging, and skin clearing skincare products. Last month, I focused on healing my skin barrier, and my skin is currently clear and smooth. I want to maintain results this month, so here are my current AM and PM skincare routines:

AM Skincare Routine:


1. Double Cleanse
  • Era Organics Natural Cleansing Oil and Makeup Remover*- I have been using this cleansing oil for a few months now, and I am happy to say that it hasn't broken me out! I'm always so worried about putting an oil on my skin, but this cleansing oil is amazing! It really helps me remove all the skincare I applied the night before as well as get all the gunk out of my pores.
  • Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Cleansing Gel (this cleanser is on sale right now so stock up!) + Foreo Luna Mini- I don't know what I would do without Peter Thomas Roth cleansers. I have been using his cleansers for years! Every time I switch to a new brand, I come running back to my favorites. I like using a gel cleanser with my Luna Mini. It keeps my pores completely clear!
2. Tone
  • Son & Park Beauty Water- I'm so happy that I found this amazing K-Beauty gem. I actually found it by chance when I visited Besfren Beauty in NYC. I was going to get the Secret Key essence, but the sales person suggested the Beauty Water instead. I have actually never heard of it until that moment! I must be living under a rock. I add a little product onto a cotton round, and sweep it gently across my face and neck.
  • Alteya Organics White Rose Water*- I reached out to Alteya Organics because I have been wanting to try out their rose water. They were kind enough to send me two versions to test out. I like using the white rose version in the AM because it has a beautiful light rose scent. Rose water is one of those extras that I love using because it really helps soften my skin. I spray this rose water three times into my hands and pat it into my skin.
  • DrJmeeLab Face Mist*- I honestly don't even know where to buy this product. I received it to test from a K-Beauty app, and I fell in love. I wish I knew where to find it in the US, because it is amazing! I spray this product three times into my hands and pat it into my skin.
3. Serum and Essence
  • InstaNatural Niacinamide Serum*- I cannot even begin to describe how different my skin looks and feels since adding this serum into my routine. It has completely transformed my skin! I am obsessed with InstaNatural products, and I think they are completely underrated. Why aren't more beauty bloggers talking about this brand?
  • Origins Original Skin Essence- I have been using this essence for over a year now, and I absolutely love it! Each bottle lasts me at least 6 months, so it is definitely worth the money. I recommend purchasing this product from Sephora since I can't find a legit Amazon seller (you know I always look out for you guys).
  • GloriSkin Vitamin C Serum*- I have been searching everywhere on Amazon to get a backup of this product, but it seems that it is no longer available! It is such a shame, because this is a fantastic Vitamin C serum for an incredibly affordable price (considering how effective it has been for me). I'm going to keep an eye out for this to pop back up on Amazon. I am halfway through the bottle, so if it isn't available soon, I will probably try out the InstaNatural Vitamin C serum since I have been loving all of their products.
4. Moisturizer and Sunscreen
  • Trul Bye Bye Pink Cream* (review coming soon!)- Ugh! Another K-Beauty product that I can't find anywhere! I love testing out exciting K-Beauty products, but what is the point if it's not available in the US???? This is so frustrating because (spoiler alert) I love it! I'll be writing a full review soon, so stay tuned.
  • Australian Gold Tinted Sunscreen SPF 50- This sunscreen is one of my August favorites! I have been using it all month and I am shook by how amazing this affordable sunscreen has been for my dry-combo skin! My sunscreen usually starts peeling and clinging to dry patches, but this sunscreen has an amazing velvety finish that goes on so smoothly! Stay tuned for a full review!
PM Skincare Routine:



1. Remove Makeup and Double Cleanse
  • Andalou Naturals Micellar One Step Facial Cleansing Wipes- I cannot live without cleansing wipes. How else am I supposed to get every last bit of makeup off my skin before bed??? These micellar wipes from Andalou Naturals are one of my favorites! They get a lot of the makeup off, and are a great before double cleansing my skin. I know, I'm extra AF when it comes to cleaning my skin!
  • Era Organics Natural Cleansing Oil and Makeup Remover*- Yes, I use this cleansing oil twice a day. I don't think it removes makeup so well, so I definitely use a cleansing wipe before using this oil. It does remove light makeup, but not to my satisfaction. But then again, I'm crazy when it comes to cleansing my skin.
  • Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Cleansing Gel + Foreo Luna Mini- Another Peter Thomas Roth hit! I love this brand. I which they would make me an ambassador or something! I can't get enough of this cleansing gel. It has amazing ingredients that keep my skin super clear and radiant. I also love the face mask from this line. Again, I use this cleanser with my Foreo Luna Mini.
2. Tone
  • Son & Park Beauty Water- Yes, I love the Beauty Water! I am still shocked that I never heard of this product. It will transform your skin after one week!!! I will be doing a full review, so stay tuned.
  • Alteya Organics Rose Water*- While I use the white rose version in the AM, I love the regular rose water in the PM. The scent is definitely a lot stronger, but it is so relaxing before bed. I'm so happy that Alteya Organics sent me both versions!
  • DrJmeeLab Face Mist*- Why can't I find you anywhere???? If anyone has any leads, please let me know. I'm going to be so upset when I run out!
3. Serum and Essence
  • InstaNatural Retinol Serum* (review coming soon!)- Another hit by InstaNatural! I sound like their spokeswoman. Yes, they sent me this product for free, but I genuinely love it! They have sent me three of their products and I love every single one of them. They have definitely turned me into a costumer, and I will be purchasing (with my own money) some of their other products soon. I highly recommend checking them out. Their products are organic, affordable, and so effective! I really think I need to test all their serums.
  • I use a sheet mask here! I try to use one every night, but that doesn't always happen. I have so many sheet masks at the moment. I save a sheet mask from every box I purchase so that I can do a giveaway. Make sure to be following me on Instagram so you don't miss it! I will probably doing the giveaway when I reach 2k followers.
  • COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence (review coming soon!)- Wow! This is such a weird essence. I have used sheet masks with snail mucin before, but I've never experienced this level of slimyness (is this a word?) from a product in my life! It was a little gross at first, but it is such a game changer! My skin is literally glowing with hydration right now, and this product has definitely been helping. If you order this product from the link, use code mimwieds15 for 15% off (doesn't include sale items).
4. Eye Cream and Eyelash Serum
  • Etude House Moistfull Collagen Eye Cream (review coming soon!)- I was a little hesitant to buy an eye cream from Etude House. I was under the assumption that this brand was made for the younger crowd, and it wouldn't be good for aging skin. I'm happy to say that I was wrong! I purchased this eye cream because I was experiencing a lot of fine lines caused by dehydrated skin. I figured this sounded super hydrating, so I bit the bullet and added it to my cart. The collagen in this product is BS, and it won't penetrate the skin, but it is such a hydrating eye cream! I see major difference in my fine lines, and this was a pretty affordable product. I highly recommend it if you think your fine line lines are caused by simple dehydration. If you order this product from the link, use code mimwieds15 for 15% off (doesn't include sale items).
  • InstaNatural Eyelash Serum* (review coming soon!)
5. Moisturizer and Facial Oil
  • NeoStrata Skin Active Dermal Replenishment* (review coming soon!)- Last month, I was determined to repair my skin barrier. I started using this moisturizer in the PM, and it has really helped my skin retain moisture while I sleep with the air conditioner on. This moisturizer is a little pricey, but it works really well. I am searching for a dupe of this product right now, so stay tuned.
  • Radha Beauty Rosehip Oil (in the blue dropper bottle)- If you have been reading my blog this year, you may already know that I love this rosehip oil. I don't think that anyone should be spending a small fortune on beauty oil (I'm looking at you Sephora prices). This rosehip oil is high quality and affordable. I highly recommend checking out the rosehip and argan oils from this brand.
6. Lip Care
  • Fizz & Bubble Mint Mojito Lip Scrub (yum!)- If you want smooth lips all year round, you need a good lip scrub. I have had this lip scrub for a few months already, and it is fantastic. It lasts a really long time and tastes amazing (who doesn't taste their lips products?). I highly recommend the mint mojito flavor, but they do have a lot of other flavors.
  • Rosebud Perfume Co. Smith's Rosebud Salve Lip Balm- I have been using this lip balm since high school (a really long time). I haven't been able to find an alternative that works as well. I love the two pack that I linked because it comes with the minted rose version. The minted rose one stains your lips red and tastes very minty (be careful not to stain your clothes). I like to use it during the day and the regular rosebud version at night.
I hope you enjoyed this skincare routine! Check out my past skincare routines by clicking the Skincare Routines Series tab at the top of this page or click here!

If you want me to go over a specific skincare/beauty topic, please leave a comment below or privately email me.

My favorite K-Beauty websites are BeautyTap (use my code mimwieds15 for 15% off!) and MaskSheets (they have fantastic sheet mask sales).

Please support this blog by entering your email and subscribing!

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram and Twitter.


Follow me on Instagram to be eligible for my sheet mask giveaway (for US residents only, ends 10/15/18). It will includes one of each of the following masks:

  1. Papa Recipe Bombee Whitening Honey sheet mask (x1)
  2. Elensilia Intra-CELL Revitalizing sheet mask (x1)
  3. Elensilia Intra-CELL Firming sheet mask (x1)
  4. Elensilia Intra-CELL Whitening sheet mask (x1)
  5. SurMedic Hydro-Hyaluronic sheet mask (x1)
  6. SurMedic Vital Collagen sheet mask (x1)
  7. SurMedic Bright-Glutathione sheet mask (x1)
  8. MediHeal Essential Mask Tea Tree Care Solution (x1)
  9. MediHeal Essential Mask Vita Lightbeam (x1)
  10. MediHeal Essential Mask Platinum V-Life (x1)

XO



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...