Hi There!
I am so happy that you found my blog, and I hope you stick around.
This is an old Skincare Routine Update post.
You should read my latest Skincare Routine Update instead.
Even better, sign up for my weekly newsletter so you don't miss any of my new content!
XO
Miriam
Hey Beauty Lovers!
I can't believe it's already August 9th, and I have yet to post an updated skincare routines post. Time is flying by way to quickly, and I'm really trying to keep up! This last month I have been trying to focus on repairing my skin barrier, and incorporating more hydration in layers. Of course, I am still trying out quite a few new products, so these steps may change over the next few weeks.
Skin Type: Combination- I can get quite dry, but I am also prone to breakouts
Goals of Current Skincare Routines:
- Protect and repair skin barrier
- Glowing skin
- Reduce texture
- Prevent breakouts
AM Skincare Routine:
1. Double Cleanse:
- Era Organics Oil Cleanser*- this is such a refreshing oil cleanser that I love to use it in the AM. I double cleanse twice a day, and it really helps my skin glow.
- Paris Hilton Skincare Pro D.N.A. Dual Action Cleansing Gel* + Foreo Luna Mini- I always follow up with a gel based cleanser. This combination has been really helping me keep my skin clear. I love using a silicon cleansing brush, it is a hygienic way to deep clean your pores.
2. Lightweight Hydration (Toner/Water/Essence):
- Son&Park Beauty Water- I picked this up last month during my Besfren Beauty Haul. I can't believe that it took me so long to find out about this fantastic toner. I like to apply it in sweeping motions with a cotton round. It really helps prep my skin for the rest of my skincare products.
- Alteya Organics White Rose Water*- I love the light scent of this rose water. It is much less scented than the regular rose water, and it feels very lightweight, which is perfect for the AM. I spray this water 3 times into my hands and pat the product into my skin.
- Pacifica Beauty Rose Flower Hydro Mist- this rose water mist is made of very little rose water. I use it mostly for the other ingredients, and I love the scent. I am actually running out of this product, but I won't be buying this again. I have too many products waiting to be tested! I spray this water 3 times into my hands and pat the product into my skin.
- Andalou Naturals Blossom + Leaf Refreshing Toner- this is one of my favorite hydrating toners. I think it might have made holy grail status, but I would like to stop using it for a month to see if it is really essential for my skin. I spray this toner 3 times into my hands and pat the product into my skin.
- Dr.JmeeLab Frozen Jelly and Capsule Mist*- this is one of my favorite finds last month. It provides amazing hydration, and it really makes my skin feel so soft and smooth! I spray this 4 times into my hands and pat it into my skin.
- Origins Original Skin Essence Lotion with Dual Ferment Complex- this bottle lasts me months, even though I use it twice daily. I have been using this essence for over a year, and I finally decided to buy something new. I will be finishing up this bottle before moving on to my next essence. I pat a small amount this product into my skin with my hands.
3. Serums:
- GloriSkin Organic Vitamin C Serum* + Jade Roller- this is a relatively new addition to my skincare routine. Even though it is thicker than my Niacinamide serum, I like to apply my Vitamin C products as early as possible in my skincare routine. I have really been enjoying this Vitamin C serum, and I love to use it with my Jade roller. I press one dropper full of this serum into my skin with my hands, then I use my Jade roller to de-puff my skin.
- InstaNatural Niacinamide Serum*- this amazing serum has quickly become my holy grail skincare product. I was very surprised with how much I enjoyed this serum, especially since it was so inexpensive! I press one dropper full of this serum into my skin with my hands.
4. Eye, Neck, and Lip Care:
- NeoStrata Skin Active Eye Cream*- this eye cream has been amazing for my slightly droopy eye lids, and at first it really looked like it was helping my fine lines. However, my fine lines have come back with a vengeance, and I believe it is due to dehydrated skin. I will continue using this eye cream since it has really helped my eye lids, but I will have to find a more hydrating eye cream for my under eye area. Stay tuned for my next update!
- Exuviance Age Reverse Neck Cream*- this is the first neck cream that I've ever used, and I am blown away! My neck looks and feels so firm! I still have some deep set lines, but I am only halfway through the jar, so I'm hoping that I will see an improvement soon.
- Nivea Moisture Lip Care- this is my favorite lip balm for the day time. It keeps my lips smooth even though the air conditioner can make my skin very chapped and dry.
5. Moisturizer and Sunscreen:
- Atopalm Real Barrier Aqua Soothing Gel Cream*- this moisturizer has been doing wonders for my skin barrier. My skin feels a lot stronger and I have a lot less water loss (my skin is more plump). I love that it comes with a little scooper to keep the jar free of germs. You only need a little bit of this gel to cover your whole face. I love the lightweight gel texture, it is perfect for the summer. It is a little too lightweight for the PM, but it works great in the AM.
- Australian Gold Tinted Face Sunscreen SPF 50- I have been searching for an affordable tinted mineral sunscreen, and I have finally found the best sunscreen ever! This tinted lotion has SPF 50, is super hydrating, goes on clear, and works well under makeup. I love that it doesn't break my skin out, and that it doesn't make me look greasy. I highly recommend this sunscreen!
PM Skincare Routine:
1. Double Cleanse:
- Pacifica Coconut Dissolve Cleansing Oil Rehab- this is my favorite makeup dissolving oil cleanser. It smells like coconut, and it you aren't sensitive to coconut oil, this cleanser will make your skin baby smooth!
- Paris Hilton Skincare Pro D.N.A. Dual Action Cleansing Gel* + Foreo Luna Mini- same as AM
2. Lightweight Hydration (Toner/Water/Essence):
- Pacifica Kale Water Micellar Cleansing Tonic- I love using this micellar water to remove any residual sunscreen or makeup. I apply it with a cotton round, and leaves my skin feeling so clean! I love that it has a little glycolic acid, it really has some great ingredients!
- Alteya Organics Rose Water*- I love the heavy rose scent of this rose water. It feels and smells so luxurious. I love this version of the rose water for the PM. I spray this water 3 times into my hands and pat the product into my skin.
- Pacifica Beauty Rose Flower Hydro Mist- same as AM
- Andalou Naturals Blossom + Leaf Refreshing Toner- same as AM
- Dr.JmeeLab Frozen Jelly and Capsule Mist*- same as AM
- Origins Original Skin Essence Lotion with Dual Ferment Complex- same as AM
3. Serums:
- InstaNatural Niacinamide Serum*- same as AM
- Exuviance Age Reverse Serum*- this serum is slightly thick, and it has a strong citrus scent. I love how my skin feels when I use this serum, and I think that my skin has firmed drastically since including this product in my PM routine. I press two pumps of this serum into my skin with my finger tips.
4. Eye, Neck, and Lip Care:
- NeoStrata Skin Active Eye Cream*- same as AM
- Exuviance Age Reverse Neck Cream*- same as AM
- Fizz & Bubble Lip Scrub (Mojito)- I use a lip scrub every PM. It is essential for smooth lips in my opinion, especially if you use liquid lipsticks on the regular. I love the flavor of this sugar scrub! The jar lasts a very long time, but you can always make your own sugar scrub.
- Rosebud Perfume Co Smith's Rosebud Salve- this is my holy grail lip product. If you want amazing lips, this is the balm for you! This balm will heal any lip issues over night, and consistent use will keep your lips flawless no matter the season. A little goes a very long way, and one tin lasts me almost a year! I highly recommend trying this balm for yourself.
5. Moisturizer and Oils:
- NeoStrata Skin Active Dermal Replenishment*- this is a new addition to my skincare routine. I have been using it for a few weeks now, so I can't give you a full review yet, but so far I'm really loving this moisturizer! It is a lot thicker than my AM moisturizer, which is perfect for the PM. I only use sleeping masks in the winter months, so I need a pretty thick PM moisturizer in the summer time. My air conditioner leaves the air in my apartment so dry, so it is important to keep as much moisture in my skin as possible. This moisturizer really helps seal in all my hydrating products, and helps strengthen my skin barrier all at the same time. I will be updating you with my full revew soon!
- Radha Beauty Rosehip Oil + Pacifica Super Flower Rapid Response Face Oil- I have been a fan of rosehip oil and blue tansy oil for a while, and they have been wonderful additions to my skincare routine. I use them every PM to create an oil seal between my products and the air. It is a fantastic way to help your skincare ingredients sink into your skin overnight. I love to combine two drops of each of these oils and pat them into my skin with my hands.
Last month, I finished my Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads. I used to use those daily, and it really kept my skin clear and beautiful. I decided to look into a more affordable option, but I haven't found any product as powerful as those peel pads. For the last two weeks, I have been doing at home Glycolic Acid peels with a 30% Glycolic Acid solution. So far, I'm loving the way my skin looks after a peel, but it takes 6-10 weeks to see the full results. I will be updating you guys after the full treatment with my review, so stay tuned!
I hope you enjoyed this skincare routine! Check out my past skincare routines by clicking the Skincare Routines Series tab at the top of this page or click here!
If you want me to go over a specific skincare/beauty topic, please leave a comment below or privately email me.
Enter your email to receive my weekly newsletter:
You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily content.
My favorite K-Beauty websites are BeautyTap (use my code mimwieds15 for 15% off!) and MaskSheets (they have fantastic sheet mask sales).




No comments:
Post a Comment